Meeting in Kiev

comrade nikonov

Kiev Palace of the Government

Once the Kyivan Rus' declared its independence, and the Ukrainians decided to lobby for disunion from Belarus, everyone had been in a hurry to evacuate the area back to Belarus proper. However, through the mess and clutter of flying papers and fury of movement, one man stayed behind, sipping black coffee in the sanctuary of his office, seemingly oblivious to the commotion in the rest of the Governmental Palace. His name was Yasha Yakovich Nikonov. A dashing young ethnic Russian,he served as senior diplomat to the ethnic minorities of Belarus, it was his job to see to it that friendly relations continue between the Ukrainians and the Belorussians.

As the Ukrainian government coagulated and formed together, he decided it was time to talk to the big shots. It was time to prove to his superiors that he was of competent material, and was worthy of Belarus.

As a Ukrainian politician walked in, surrounded by bodyguards, he stood up, and said

Greetings, Dear Friend. I have some things to discuss with your new government.

A man walks into the office, surrounded by what would become the official bodyguard in the future, but were mere mercenaries for now. The man to is tall and has long black hair. His face looks old and elements and time had taken their toll, still, he looks like a strong man.

"I am Duke Aleksandr Petrova, I have been chosen by the leaders of my people to represent Kyivan Rus' for the time being until such time that we have established a proper government. I am here to speak with our friends from the North about the bond that exists between us people. Lets not talk the smooth talk here and treat each other like real friends should do, honest and upright."

"I suggest we sign a proper treaty that reflects the state of friendship between our countries and deals with the important details. We can leave the rest to the diplomats. What do you suggest?"

"Considering that at this point, it is evident that our two fates are still very much intertwined, and at the current time Belarus and Ukraine still have so many economic, social, and familial ties to each other, that we feel that a MDoAP is of nearly adequate strength to show that the Belorussian and Ukrainian peoples are still very much united. Do you have any thoughts?"

"Considering that at this point, it is evident that our two fates are still very much intertwined, and at the current time Belarus and Ukraine still have so many economic, social, and familial ties to each other, that we feel that a MDoAP is of nearly adequate strength to show that the Belorussian and Ukrainian peoples are still very much united. Do you have any thoughts?"

I agree. Furthermore I suggest we create a free trade zone amongst our countries. People will be free to move themselves and goods between our both countries. We will share a border patrol for security purposes but they won't actively control anyone unless there is a situation. It would be also very beneficial to look into a monetary union of sorts so that we can link our economies together. That way people don't have to exchange valuta all the time when they want to visit the other country.

I suggest we look into sharing our electrical nets as well, this has many advantages as the networks are already interlinked. We could share the benefits of nuclear power this way.

I have a request from one of our military commanders, Symon Vasyl, for some sort of shared military structure. That means we adjust the command structure of both our armies to match each other. We would regularly exercise together. But this would be in the not so near future as Kyivan Rus' first needs to have a proper standing army, we could use some help there aswell.

I will order my diplomats to write a treaty, in the meantime, why don't we take some rest? I want to invite you to my home for dinner, how does that sound?

Aleksandr was driving the car since there was no private driver yet for any of the Kyivan government members. After about an hour of driving fender-to-fender they left the busy downtown areas and headed into the more woodsy suburbs of Kyiv.

They arrived a at big manor house suited in the quiet woods outside of Kyiv. There was no sign from the urban madness a dozen kilometers away. A few birds were even heard, high up in the trees.

The house was build in a classical style without being to imperialistic or shoddy. Aleksandr looked at Yasha Yakovich when they drove towards the manor. "Are you ready to meet the Petrova family?" He smiled and honked his horn, seconds later a cloud of lively voices reach the car, a few seconds later followed by a rush of about 6 girls in everyday dresses which did suite them very well. Everyone of the girls had long blond hair, some had their hair free, some had their hair braided or high up in a ponytail. Then an older woman showed up, leaning against the door frame. She smiled while looking at the rowdy group of girls that had surrounded the car and were yelling things, trying to get their fathers attention. For the good observer it would have been obvious that the older woman was the mother of everyone of these bouncing pieces of love. Not that the girls were that looking the same, apart from their hair. It was their smiled and their bright blue eyes that gave it away. The same eyes with which Aleksandr was looking back into the gaze of his wife, who's smile turned bigger when he looked at her.

"Girls, please let me out of my car" Aleksandr pretended he couldn't leave his car but his eyes gave him away as they did not stop sparkling.

When he finally managed to get out of his car the girls had assembled on the stairs leading up to the front door of the house.

"Yasha, let me introduce to you, Iryna, 7 years old, Lilya, 9 years old, Anastasiya, 9 years old, Daria, 15 years old and my lovely wife Natalya. My two oldest daughters, Hanna who is 18 years old, Natalka, who is 21 years old and are not at home at the moment because they study at the Shevchenko University of Kyiv. Well, why don't we gather in the library so you can meet these little brats." With each of his hands on the shoulders of Lilya and Anastasiya and Iryna hanging from his strong right arm he pushed the crowd towards the house. Come on divchynky!"

Edited by Sitethief

"Privyet, Zaichiki. 'kak dela?" (Hello girls. How are you?)

After they responded, Nikonov turns to Alexsandr,

"You have wonderful children, Alexsandr Dmitriyevich. Especially your eldest daughter, Natalka. It is not easy entering Shevchenko University..."

Nikonov apparently enters a into a daze. He continues to stare into the sky until he snaps back into it.

"Oh dear. I apologize for keeping you waiting. Shall we go to your library?"

• 2 weeks later...

Aleksandr walked into the library with all his kids, in it was a middle aged man vacuuming the floor. "Dascha, could you do me a favor and get some drinks for the girls. And I think we will have something stronger. What would you like Yasha Yakovich? We have all kinds of drinks.

So Girls, tell me how your holiday from school was? Are the dogs still not listening to you girls?"

Edited by Sitethief