A Joint Notice from The Orange Defense Network, The International, and The Resistance

I can't speak for DAWN (just like Puppet Master can't speak for anyone but Puppet Master), but I wish good luck to everyone. I wasn't too big of a fan of OUT. It was a grand idea that it seemed relatively few were interested in. Even then, it had such great potential that it is sad to see it have to go. I can only hope that someone with initiative and infinite patience can make another attempt at a unity treaty, whether color based or not.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OUT needed more work to make it stable, no one was willing to work together, compromise, and move beyond some things, therefore we have the dissolution of a treaty that could have (and was at one time) been very effective for the stability of the sphere. Nothing really good can come of this, I am sad to see the leaders of my old home finally throw in the towel. The ODN worked the hardest at making OUT work, this I know. It's pretty much the end of OUT it no longer stands for what it was once created to achieve.

This is sad to see but OUT is a shell of what it once was.

o/ ODN

o/ tR

o/ INT

OUT has always been a shell of it's actual potential this is nothing new. This is a political move pure and simple.

This thread, and the discussion and comments. There don't seem to be any recent (say, post-Karma) grievances with OUT, and in fact there seems to have actually been a loosening of some of the prior conservatism that frustrated so many people (dissolution of OST, for example). dvdcchn has been cited in this thread alone quite a bit. Yet for some reason, we're seeing this splintering occurring now rather than any of the other times OUT was threatened. Never before (say, pre-Karma) would these alliances have seriously considered leaving OUT (well maybe Vanguard, but even they still stayed on despite their frustration). I don't see anything today that is more or even as damaging as some of the trials OUT has gone through before.

It may be because the Orange senate treaty has been dissolved, alliances no longer need to work with all of the previous signatories to gain a senate seat, there is thus little political benefit to orange cordiality for some since the sphere is pretty much split in half politically. The 3 way status quo that retained Orange balance no longer exists and thus we have the emergence of new Orange cliques. I do find it interesting that these alliances are willing to work toward Orange economic co-operation among themselves but put little to no effort into OUT in the past 4 months. I do understand your reasons a smaller group is likely alot easier to work with, furthermore whether we like it or not it is much easier to cooperate with folks who share common or similar perspective on events.

Best of luck with this guys I hope it works out for you :)

My Lords,

The destruction of the Citrus Accords weighs heavily on the relationships of many different Alliances. Here on Bob we are forced to recognize that the peace that was so hard to achieve will undoubtedly not last. Across the fabric of the Orange sphere the winds of war stir once again. With the last global conflict leading to the destruction of so many, it is truly hard to fathom what another such conflict will do. It is my prayer that our Orange Friends can lay aside their differences and again commit to the cause of Orange Unity. Without such unity, it is unlikely that either side in this struggle will prevail. I urge all to hearken to their hearts and avoid this walk down the path of destruction.

The Right Honourable the Lord Price of Whitehall

Holy Triumvir and Lord High Admiral of the Grand Global Fleet :)

Across the fabric of the Orange sphere the winds of war stir once again...I urge all to hearken to their hearts and avoid this walk down the path of destruction.

The Right Honourable the Lord Price of Whitehall

Holy Triumvir and Lord High Admiral of the Grand Global Fleet :)

Dear Triumvir & Lord Prince of Whitehall,

Thank you for the eloquently stated words of concern and support of the Orange Sphere. In reference to the extracted portions of your statement, said with poetic certainty, I am curious.

Where do you believe the winds are being formed and where do you believe they are blowing to?

Which alliance(s) are/is walking down the path(s) to destruction?

It may be because the Orange senate treaty has been dissolved, alliances no longer need to work with all of the previous signatories to gain a senate seat, there is thus little political benefit to orange cordiality for some since the sphere is pretty much split in half politically. The 3 way status quo that retained Orange balance no longer exists and thus we have the emergence of new Orange cliques. I do find it interesting that these alliances are willing to work toward Orange economic co-operation among themselves but put little to no effort into OUT in the past 4 months. I do understand your reasons a smaller group is likely alot easier to work with, furthermore whether we like it or not it is much easier to cooperate with folks who share common or similar perspective on events.

To be quite honest, I found the Orange Senate Treaty to be even less relevant than OUT, and I've yet to notice any changes since its (OST's) cancellation.

That said, the ODN is, of course, absolutely willing to foster cordial economic cooperation with all those that are willing to reciprocate the same with us. Such is how it has always been. :)