A Joint Notice from The Orange Defense Network, The International, and The Resistance

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would make comment about the comment from the voice of DAWN but others have already done it so I won't.

As to the leaving of OUT by these three alliances all I can say is I am quite happy, a few people where there when I raged and screamed that OUT was used to kick an alliance on Orange who dared declare in defence of a treaty partner on another alliance on Orange who was a member of OUT, so to me it seemed that not only did OUT stop signatories being able to effectively defend their treaty partners, it did the same thing through force of arms to the rest of Orange.

Also, it was probably all Craig's fault.

Long expected. Good Luck Guys. OUT was a great success in forging stability on Orange despite no political unity while it ran on full steam. Now we just got to out-recruit the other sphere.

DVD, you make IRON Proud. o\

o\ Pwnrange.

Edited by shahenshah

Are you actually familiar with the situation?

Not entirely. I just found that one statement to be rather ridiculous. I mean, being diverse groups with diverse desires and visions together for a common goal really is the entire point of any kind of bloc. To cancel a treaty based on people not always wanting the same thing is somewhat silly as I expect that to be the norm most of the time.

Now if there's internal issues or the treaty itself is holding members back in some way, of course I'm cool with you doing whatever you want. That one statement just stuck out as awkwardly contrived to me. Just sayin'.

I would make comment about the comment from the voice of DAWN but others have already done it so I won't.

As to the leaving of OUT by these three alliances all I can say is I am quite happy, a few people where there when I raged and screamed that OUT was used to kick an alliance on Orange who dared declare in defence of a treaty partner on another alliance on Orange who was a member of OUT, so to me it seemed that not only did OUT stop signatories being able to effectively defend their treaty partners, it did the same thing through force of arms to the rest of Orange.

Also, it was probably all Craig's fault.

Well color treaties are usually against fighting those in your color... Regardless, I think it is obvious orange is moving in different directions and hope to see something similar to OUT with current political views take precedence.

Seeing ODN leave is kind of ironic to me, as they were close to IRON, when they were Legions best ally, and were probably the largest reason Legion stayed out of GWII, when history may have been very different if they didn't push that front.

Still, good move ODN and company.

Edited by Chalaskan

Well yeah means i dont wish your alliance luck (though i will give a wink and a nudge to International) nor do i wish harm or anything bad to come to your alliance. It means just "well... yeah".

Thanks for the wink. The nudge, I could've done without. My ribs ache now.

Well there is LEO.... ;)

LEO ain't a sphere-wide treaty and isn't meant to be one.

LEO ain't a sphere-wide treaty and isn't meant to be one.

Indeed, I find it to be quite Resistant.

I mean, being diverse groups with diverse desires and visions together for a common goal really is the entire point of any kind of bloc.

I find it easier to have similar desires, similar vision, and then finding the common goal to be the main focus of a bloc. Too many stagnant, directionless, spineless blocs have existed in the past.

And dude (PM, Voice of DAWN), this "with us or against us attitude" I've been getting lately seems to me to be misplaced and irrational. The cancellation of an ODP is not a sign of bad will or ill tidings. It is commonly done when the feelings behind it have long gone away and attempts to repair it have gone by the wayside.

It doesn't mean all the sudden NOW we don't want to be treatied to you, so much as, the treaty has failed to represent the relationship for some time. If you don't wish us a prosperous future, that is fine, but I've never seen you before, so you can't be doing much more to repair the relationship than anyone else is.

Our embassies remain open. ;)

So The Resistance and The International were slightly more pliable than R&R was to ODN's entreaties.

Interesting. Well then, good luck to all of you I suppose. Oh and of course, obligatory "ZOMG! Lines being drawn!!".

Glad you figured it out. We're obviously puppets to the Almighty Arsenal.

I wish the best of luck to the remaining signatories of OUT.

I am not very surprised to see this, OUT has been stagnate for some time, though I wish the signatories put in more effort to make it work. I know a lot of individuals did but could not get the majority of alliances to care.

Good luck to the remaining signatories of OUT, hopefully you guys can turn this around.