World Federation Anouncement

Worldfederation.png

The World Federation would like to announce the immediate end of all military actions towards the United Earth Directorate. We have looked into the new information which was presented to us and have concluded it was a set up by one of our former members to start a war between us and the UED. This war should have never happened, but it did nevertheless. We have decided to provide UED with a relief fund of $100 million, and 600 tech to help them get back on their feet. Since the start of these conflicts, VE has had no influence in our decisions, and are only guilty of being good allies. We would like to apologize for the actions of our former member Rajistani, of which we knew nothing about his actions until today. I would like to assure you that we will do whatever it takes to make sure something like this never happens again. We also would like to apologize to the United Earth Directorate publically that we were wrong in assuming it was their intention to start a war. If ever another conflict like this occurs, we will be sure to look into all the diplomatic solutions and investigate it thoroughly before proceeding with full out war. We would also like to apologize to King Death II for accusing him of incompetent leadership. Thank you for your time, and may the rest of your night be pleasant.

o/ UED

o/ WF

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let this be a lesson for everyone:

Having a few nations in your alliance attack, based on false information from a rogue, will cause you to get rolled.

Having your government order an attack, based on false information from a member, will cause you to apologize.

CN confuses me :(

I think the lesson is:

Basing anything on false information will cause you to get rolled and/or apologize.

Sometimes people shoot first, and then ask questions later. I do agree though, the situation is quite perplexing at first glance, if only because it isn't immediately apparent why things went as far as they did in such short time.

Edited by Masterfod

I'm sure we've all had times in life where someone has told us what we wanted to hear and we never bothered to fact-check it. Such is a simple, if unfortunate, fact of the human psyche. As wF has clearly acknowledged their mistake and is doing their best to make amends I for one see no reason to hound them any further on this matter.

This pleases SCM.

Although I am disappointed that in this day and age, some alliances still don't understand that before declaring war, they are supposed to try and resolve the issue diplomatically.

wasn't aware such a rule was in effect . :o I was thinking alliances had some kind of self determination , but all this time there was some entity that could enforce the behavior that's expected of them ..... point me to the forums of this institute so I may further educate myself !!!!

Oh, wait , nevermind , It's just someone else preaching some kind of morality which only exist in their own personal world view . :rolleyes:

Let this be a lesson for everyone:

Having a few nations in your alliance attack, based on false information from a rogue, will cause you to get rolled.

Having your government order an attack, based on false information from a member, will cause you to apologize.

CN confuses me :(

Oddly enough, this one does not confuse me. (and believe me, there are a lot of things about alliance politics that do). It takes a great deal of confidence in oneself to be an alliance leader. Occasionally, if one isn't careful, one can be too confident and make a mistake, sometimes a large one.

Now, I'm not saying this is true for EVERY alliance leader. However, given the choice between being the leader of an alliance unfairly attacked but that is cleared (relatively speaking) rather fast or being the leader of the alliance that made the mistake and later having to apologize OWF (and pay reps, etc.) my guess is that (for different reasons, depending on the personality and motivations of the leader) - many would choose the first.

Makes an interesting game of "would you rather..." :P