Meeting of the Fates

Elrich von Richt

Liska was cut off by an abrupt soft, warm sensation. . .

For a sweet all too short moment Liska was an ordinary girl

An ordinary girl who wasn’t a generalissimo

An ordinary girl free from burdens of a ruler’s responsibility

An ordinary girl free from the strain of constant calculating analysis

An ordinary girl free to live her own life

It was a pleasant, if fleeting, dream

Liska’s second real kiss far eclipsed her first, she didn’t even notice Haruhi’s departure

“Kyo. . . Kyon. . . that was. . .This mean we’re going out? That felt like you asking me out.”

Edited by Generalissimo

Kyon kept embracing Liska, with the feeling that he never wanted to let go. He wished to stay in this moment, locked for eternity through the neverending bliss of life, and bypass the seasons with her. He enjoyed this moment more than any in his life, and knew from the first time he saw Liska that he wanted her, that he wished to love her. Her personality was to him, more meaningful than everything.

"Liska, It does. I never, ever, want to let you go. It dosen't matter what happens to you, whatever may face you, whatever demons may haunt you. Why? Because i'll always be by your side, through thick and thin, for eternity and beyond. Because I love you, and I want to share my life with you. You are the bliss to my ignorance, the missing piece of my soul. For eternity..."

He continued to embrace her, and shared another kiss with the girl he loved.

Meeting Kyon’s lips once more Liska knew beyond doubt all was well in heaven and Earth.

“This instance, for a moment, everything is as it should be. . .

Yet there’s something bothering me. . .

It’s not of so much what’s potentially stacked against us. Our countries, our positions. . . I don’t care about any of it. Together we can easily handle anything an overwhelming media and our respective politics can dish out.

Today, this one moment, is real.

Yet, whatever our feelings, whatever our resolve, I can still see the possibility of a seemingly insurmountable barrier between us. . .

It’s Liska’s Observation, my only contribution to humankind’s collective understanding of this universe, and once again my own scientific foray is aligned against me. Right now I’m sixteen years old as when we first met, at the time of your meeting you were seventeen but there was only a year age discrepancy between us, what is that gap today? When I’m two months out of high school you’ll might be in your late thirties. How old will you be when I’ve reached old America’s drinking age? Time is clearly not on our side.

I know it’s not something that we should be talking about so soon. I’m too logical, too methodical, too reasonable, too thoughtful, and too scientific for my own good sometimes. I can’t bring myself to jump into everything headfirst and just hope everything somehow works out like Generalissimo does. If we address the matter now, before it can actually become an issue, this won’t actually be a problem.

Transcending his insanity Generalissimo managed overcame all conventions of causality; I refuse to lose you to something so trivial, even if we have to fight time itself."

Edited by Generalissimo

Kyon smiled, and looked at Liska, whom was still in his embrace. He understood what she was saying, and it was only natural that she would bring up the factors of the natural world, notably time itself.

"Liska, to answer your question, I've got one important thing to say before I go into any detail about my age or time itself, and the universe's workings. I resigned my position today, actually, because I wanted to be by your side forever with no restrictions. I have a capable friend who's taken my place, so no worries.

As for time? I'm only a mere eighteen, and I won't age any faster than you expect. By the time you are out of high school, i'll still only be a mere twenty. Hell, i'll still be in the prime age of most notable bachelors. I refuse to lose you either, to anything trivial. If i have to fight gods and the universe itself, even time, I will."

He couldn't help but enjoy this moment more than any in his life, she was his world and his purpose of living, and he couldn't overcome the emotions he felt right now. For the first time, Kyon was truely in love.

“You’ve resigned? Haruhi just let you walk away?”

Liska laughed playfully

“I’m already starting to feel sorry for whoever’s replacing you."

She immediately adopts a more serious, thoughtful composure

“I’ll resign as Procinctia’s generalissimo later this month.

You’re right, it’s better without restrictions.

We both know what happened to Sarah, a country is too much of a hassle for romance.

I’ll talk with my successor, the next highest ranked military officer in the country, and even if she needs my help it will be over at least be the end of January. It’s not continuity of government, she thinks I’m instrumental in building a pre-election transitional government. . . It is sort of my fault, because I declared a timetable for elections.

I’ll stay on as Minister of Foreign affairs through February 3rd, after which I’ll be free.

I would prefer leaving government immediately, but the next generalissimo won’t likely allow it. I’m in a position to demote her, and wouldn’t hesitate to, if the next higher ranking officer wasn’t Commodore Issorartuyok. Issorartuyok’s a decent soldier but more than a little racist, he’s really not what my county needs right now, I can’t downgrade the man without a very good reason because he has Neo-Nationalist’s militant support and I would be risking outright civil war.

Soon there won’t be anything standing between us.

Which gives us a week, your time, before I return where I live.

A week isn’t nearly enough time, but we’ll have to work with what we have.

Hopefully we’re not going to spend the duration in this terminal.

What does Haruhi have planned for to. . . what where’s Suzumiya? When did she? If she’s already. . . which means she’s. . . Oh, it’s just us isn’t it?”

Edited by Generalissimo

Kyon nodded as Liska talked, and could only help but reply to his beloved.

"Well, restrictions aside, life will be good for us in the future. I do feel very sorry about my successor of course, but he'll manage. I assure you we won't be stuck in this dull airport terminal for more than another five minutes, just allow me to make a call and get a friend to pick us up. After that, i'm sure he'll let me borrow the car so we can go wherever you want to go. The beach, a restaurant, a movie, you name it.

As for the restraints of time, I dont care. This will be the best week of my entire life, purely because I've got you with me. So we'll do what we can, and spend our time as wisely as possible. Take advantage of what we're given, I guess."

He gave a usual shrug, and then ripped out his cell phone and made a call to a friend of his, Taniguchi, as to how that doof ever became successful was a wonder to him. Knowing people helped situations like this though, and they'd be riding in a nice new Honda Civic shortly.

"Well, he's on his way, and boy will you like what car we'll be cruising around in. Nothing fancy, and money is of no concern, but it's a nice car regardless."

At the spur of the moment, he gave her another quick kiss and whispered 'i love you' into her ear. Boy, would this be the best. week. ever.