Disbandment notification

Tamurin

DOC_Logo.jpg

Disbandment of the Democratic Open Community

As of today, the Democratic Open Community (DOC) is no more. The alliance that was founded on the basis of total transparency and direct democracy decided to disband in November 2009 and to find new alliances for its members.

During our short time in the Cyberverse, we successfully implemented our principles and proved once and for all, that you can govern an alliance without hiding information and without neglecting members the right to participate regarding decision-making.

In the end, our problem was the inactivity of too many members and the workload shouldered by too few - a problem many alliances face. As prime minister, it was my duty to address and solve this problem, but I failed at it and take full responsibility for it.

I wish the best of luck to all former DOC-members, wherever they go. I would like to thank all our friends and allies, especially the members of the "Train"-accords and our friends from NEAT and LSF.

Salute and goodbye!

Tamurin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end, our problem was the inactivity of too many members and the workload shouldered by too few - a problem many alliances face. As prime minister, it was my duty to address and solve this problem, but I failed at it and take full responsibility for it.

Don't be too hard on yourself. This is a problem many alliances face, and most of those alliances cannot fix this problem. It's not only you.

Edited by ikMark

I Would say the alliances of P&L Train will be protecting DOC untill they all find new AAs

sounds like something that should be inserted into the OP in order to prevent vultures like the GOONS raiding delicious new targets.

This really brought a Tear to my eye when one of your members asked me if he could join wolfpack. He told me what was going on.

Tam, my short stay in DOC was a pure pleasure. I hoped nothing but the best for you guys. May peace and prosperity follow each and every one of you

For one last time..............................o/ DOC

Don't be too hard on yourself. This is a problem many alliances face, and most of those alliances cannot fix this problem. It's not only you.

I completely agree with this statement. Sometimes there's nothing left for you to do; you've tried but nothing seems to work. I personally know it's not a fun position to be in, nor is it a nice feeling (Is it sad that we actually RL feel bad for this even though it's all online?), but it will fade with time, my friend.

May you make new friends at Nevermore and have the time of your CN life there too. :)

o/ DOC

Hard luck, don't take inactivity as your burden. You cannot force members to be active. Have fun, learn from this, and enjoy wherever you end up.

I feel that with all the DoEs earlier this year, we may be seeing quite a few of these notices.

Good luck DOC, I got nations ready last night to be ready to protect your AA in the event of rogue attacks. :)

Disbandment nullifies any treaties held by an alliance. The alliance no longer exists. I have not seen any official announcement of protection of the Democratic Open Community AA anywhere. Until this is done, the AA is considered free game by GOONS.

Disbandment nullifies any treaties held by an alliance. The alliance no longer exists. I have not seen any official announcement of protection of the Democratic Open Community AA anywhere. Until this is done, the AA is considered free game by GOONS.

It's being protected by Peace and Love train. Someone should update shortly.

Alright then. Once an official announcement is created, I'll prevent further attacks from my dudes. Thanks.

Jesus, you guys make it really easy for everyone not to like you, don't you?

Please prevent further attacks on DOC members and peace out the current ones because DOC is under the protection of the Peace and Love Train in general and The Foreign Division in particular until ALL of them find new homes. Thank you.