United Earth Directorate's Response

Kevin McDonald is exactly right. It's your responsibility to educate your members(Especially since the vast majority of them are brand new members into the game and are rather inactive and/or don't pay attention) on who your gov is. As well as the fact that as a leader, it's generally your job to take that responsibility of what happened and make amends. Trying to pass of the blame on to your members who don't know better because you didn't educate them is the mark of a terrible leader. I talked to you about this before and I really think you should consider what I told you before. That fact is, you are showing very little leadership qualities, if not none at all.

heh. so everytime a Ronin member or Corporation member makes an unauthorized attack or does something else stupid that may get a war started, i will see ya'lls gov on here taking responsibility for it instead of expelling said member(s) and allowing the other alliance to attack them and punish them? cuz you realize that most alliances that have this happen, tend to expel the members instead of taking responsibility for the members' actions. so to get onto KD about this is quite amusing as i doubt if it happened to any other alliance, ya'll would say the same thing.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heh. so everytime a Ronin member or Corporation member makes an unauthorized attack or does something else stupid that may get a war started, i will see ya'lls gov on here taking responsibility for it instead of expelling said member(s) and allowing the other alliance to attack them and punish them? cuz you realize that most alliances that have this happen, tend to expel the members instead of taking responsibility for the members' actions. so to get onto KD about this is quite amusing as i doubt if it happened to any other alliance, ya'll would say the same thing.

If one of my members goes rogue or makes an unauthorized tech raid, a number of things would happen including a review of the protocols we have in place to make sure something like that doesn't happen.

But that's not what happened here. In this case, someone sent out a false target list and UED's members followed it. IF that happened in my alliance, I would most certainly take the blame, as I should have prepared my membership better. Two completely different scenarios.

If one of my members goes rogue or makes an unauthorized tech raid, a number of things would happen including a review of the protocols we have in place to make sure something like that doesn't happen.

But that's not what happened here. In this case, someone sent out a false target list and UED's members followed it. IF that happened in my alliance, I would most certainly take the blame, as I should have prepared my membership better. Two completely different scenarios.

sounds good.

You responded for me. Why thank you! B)

TOOL has a policy that attack orders are never given out via anything but TOOL forums for this exact reason. Granted, you will get the occasional person who doesn't remember this despite the numerous PMs we send out reminding our membership of this fact. We've actually had this happen to us twice in the last year at the hands of a rogue named iCarly2, even though only one person ever fell for it.

Anyway, I would recommend, for the future, that you adopt such a policy. It's a lot harder to hack into an admin CP and change one's forum details to pose as gov, than it is to impersonate gov on IRC or come off sounding like gov via regular PM.

TOOL has a policy that attack orders are never given out via anything but TOOL forums for this exact reason. Granted, you will get the occasional person who doesn't remember this despite the numerous PMs we send out reminding our membership of this fact. We've actually had this happen to us twice in the last year at the hands of a rogue named iCarly2, even though only one person ever fell for it.

Anyway, I would recommend, for the future, that you adopt such a policy. It's a lot harder to hack into an admin CP and change one's forum details to pose as gov, than it is to impersonate gov on IRC or come off sounding like gov via regular PM.

Ahem. you had two people fall for it the day before Fark declared on IRON

Just to be clear, there is more to the issue then just what the OP implies. The only thing that is truly certain here is the incompetence of this alliance is very, very dangerous.

Also, their MoI was MoI at the time of attacking, and not removed until someone pointed it out in this thread.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Thanks for jogging my memory, J. It gets a little sketchy sometimes. :P

The odd thing is, no one fell for it the first time she did it, which was attacking an unaligned nation. First person she sent the message reported her immediately.

(She also had other issues with TOOL and other alliances, but I won't get into those.)

Hes not gov anymore. And I guess it is partially my fault for having idiot members.

this is the quality of a terrible leader. King Death perhaps its time you either taught your membership some discipline or stepped up and took responsibility for them.

you have failed your membership in my eyes and not the other way around.

I would assume MOST members knew better than to just open a pm that says "Attack WF!!!" and do it. but then again this is UED

As much as I hate to help out UED:

In Vox we actually got a good little skirmish between NPO and GGA newbs by ghosting AAs and sending them PMs with target lists.

As much as I hate to help out UED:

In Vox we actually got a good little skirmish between NPO and GGA newbs by ghosting AAs and sending them PMs with target lists.

Heh, some guy ghosted TOOL Applicant and tried to get our guys to attack GGA. This guy would later claim Vox allegiance. :P

7 nations with "UED orders" to me is a DoW...You guys need to get your %@ together..

I'm seeing 5 members one of which is the rogue. That means 4/70. Honestly, such a mistake could easily be cleaned up. I think the blame the membership/take no blame at all response of KDII here is worse than the original problem. I'm betting a few members in every alliance could fall for this. Alliance members doing silly things is something that gov has to deal with all the time. Members have to deal with mistakes made by their gov, and the opposite is also true. It's how you deal with it that really matters. This has been dealt with poorly, so I agree with the second part of your post entirely :).

I'm seeing 5 members one of which is the rogue. That means 4/70. Honestly, such a mistake could easily be cleaned up. I think the blame the membership/take no blame at all response of KDII here is worse than the original problem. I'm betting a few members in every alliance could fall for this. Alliance members doing silly things is something that gov has to deal with all the time. Members have to deal with mistakes made by their gov, and the opposite is also true. It's how you deal with it that really matters. This has been dealt with poorly, so I agree with the second part of your post entirely :).

The individual members attacking WF is not UED's only mistake here.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

I don't like your stance. Yeah your members messed up - but this announcement more or less leaves them and the victim out in the cold.

Everyone should be held accountable.