United Earth Directorate's Response

Dear CN, the attacks were not sanctioned by gov or me. Please take a look at this:

cybernationsmessage.jpg

DLs Link: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=370954

Alliance Seniority: 11/29/2009 8:14:55 PM (1 Days)

Again, it was out of my control and only the members are at fault for this for listening to a rogue trying to cause trouble.

Thank You.

Edited by King Death II

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you have rules or regulations telling your members exactly what constitutes a valid order and who may give such an order? If not, I would recommend you do that now.

Truthfully it wouldn't really matter if an alliance did have such a rule. Members still can act contrary to them and the only thing their alliance can do is either tell them to stop, eject them or target them themselves. It's been established that KDII didn't order this nor did anyone else in his government. The only thing left to be seen is what will be UED's actions internally with regards to these members or perhaps establishing such rules for greater clarity within the alliance -- if that's where the issue originated as you seem to suggest -- then what WF and its allies response will be to the whole mess.

Truthfully it wouldn't really matter if an alliance did have such a rule. Members still can act contrary to them and the only thing their alliance can do is either tell them to stop, eject them or target them themselves. It's been established that KDII didn't order this nor did anyone else in his government. The only thing left to be seen is what will be UED's actions internally with regards to these members or perhaps establishing such rules for greater clarity within the alliance -- if that's where the issue originated as you seem to suggest -- then what WF and its allies response will be to the whole mess.

Of course, it's still possible for a member to obey an invalid order from a rogue, but the sheer number of people that obeyed and attacked makes me suspect that there weren't clear ground rules on that.

And yeah, looks like these attacks weren't sanctioned by UED at all. No war tonight guys.

Edit: Actually, I can't count. Only 4 UED members hit WF, excluding DelusionaLeader. Alright then.

Edited by Jyrinx

If a rogue caused this much ruckus, then I commend him to Puerto Rico's highest honour, the golden banana of Pedro El Poco. Legend tells that the golden banana was forged by masons in El Pedro Hotel 2nd Floor, and can hold 2 bags of crack which will slip past any US airport detection. You have done well, and deserve this, oh brave Amigo

Of course, it's still possible for a member to obey an invalid order from a rogue, but the sheer number of people that obeyed and attacked makes me suspect that there weren't clear ground rules on that.

It's certainly possible. I don't mean to suggest otherwise but I'm wondering if there's more to it then this person simply being a generic rogue. I'm pondering if these is a symptom of something other then rules within the alliance.

It's certainly possible. I don't mean to suggest otherwise but I'm wondering if there's more to it then this person simply being a generic rogue. I'm pondering if these is a symptom of something other then rules within the alliance.

I would assume MOST members knew better than to just open a pm that says "Attack WF!!!" and do it. but then again this is UED

Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't one of the members that responded to these messages a member of the UED government? Wouldn't a MoIA at the very least know that the sender was not a legitimate member of the UED?

I don't think there should be a full out war over this, but a response of "it's not my fault, it's my members" seems kind of lame to me.

"Only the members are at fault"?

I think you as a leader are at fault a bit more than your members.

My membership knows who a war order comes from, and would not listen to any errant order. Target lists would also come from our off-site forums, and PMs would direct them to said target list.

Your members may be at fault, but it isn't ONLY your members who are.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't one of the members that responded to these messages a member of the UED government? Wouldn't a MoIA at the very least know that the sender was not a legitimate member of the UED?

I don't think there should be a full out war over this, but a response of "it's not my fault, it's my members" seems kind of lame to me.

Hes not gov anymore. And I guess it is partially my fault for having idiot members.

I would assume MOST members knew better than to just open a pm that says "Attack WF!!!" and do it. but then again this is UED

Was it really that simple? One thing I wonder is if the rogue and these 4 knew each other. Otherwise are the 4 relative newbies and rather inactive? Those new to online gaming are really the only new sort of player I could see making this mistake. Friends however I can see doing this much more easily.

A Bavarian Fire Drill, I did that once a long time ago and sending out false defaming recruit msgs/allaince attack msgs. Some will unbelievably fall for those, sometimes in mass, even if they are sanctioned, large nations. One of the reasons I suggested alliance seniority show on a basic nation pages later on.

Kevin McDonald is exactly right. It's your responsibility to educate your members(Especially since the vast majority of them are brand new members into the game and are rather inactive and/or don't pay attention) on who your gov is. As well as the fact that as a leader, it's generally your job to take that responsibility of what happened and make amends. Trying to pass of the blame on to your members who don't know better because you didn't educate them is the mark of a terrible leader. I talked to you about this before and I really think you should consider what I told you before. That fact is, you are showing very little leadership qualities, if not none at all.