The end of false morality

Jack Diorno

Please, Jack Diorno, think about the ramifications of your actions here, and the effects they may have on peace and stability on Planet Bob. We are as close to obtaining an everlasting peace as we have ever been, so please choose your words and actions wisely, as peace is ultimately what we all are striving for.

Peace is meaningless if it is forced upon us by greater powers, I am promoting the freedom and choice to choose between peace or war, we may have a more meaningful peace this way.

I am still a bit confused (some will say that is not overly surprising but meh).

You are going to automatically declare war upon any alliance that you believe is intervening in another alliance's "affairs"? So any war that breaks out you will automatically declare upon the aggressor (unless the aggressor is militarily smaller than the aggressed - noted) because every war is an alliance intervening, or attempting to, in the affairs of another.

Sound policy.

So any alliance that goes to war can automatically issue target lists against you because per your Charter you will already be in a de facto state of war with them, correct?

It would depend on the circumstances, I feel I may need to clarify what I would enter a state of war for and what I wouldn't. Also I would issue a declaration of war if any alliance fitted the parameters in my charter for a war.

Actually, I'm not trying to paint him as a hypocrite. I'm trying to paint him as trying to engage in an idea that is half-baked at best. The problem with him not getting into specifics is that it gives him some leeway in interpretation - which can easily lead to hypocrisy - so people really like to see what he considers "bad" and what he considers "good" - specifics. Much more specific than the general categories that he presented in the OP.

His original post states that he will declare war on alliances that commit one of the following: "[illegal] intervention," "hypocrisy," and "opportunism." He gives brief definitions, which as you can see, are highly circumstantial. In the end, while hypocrisy is fairly straightforward, intervention and opportunism are highly subjective. Therefore, it is necessary that Jack either be more specific about his own laws so he can't "pick and choose" which ones to enforce, or revoke some of the ideals altogether.

I happen to be a person who thinks that treaties and charters should at least to their letter, in order to prevent miscommunication and misinterpretation. In this case, since Jack's OP downrides intervention of any kind, then yes, I do believe he should declare war on every single alliance that has an active treaty. That's what it says. If Jack disagrees, then he can either get more specific, or get rid of them.

Agreed, I am looking at ways to make it a lot clearer, but I was never one to sit down for an hour to write a charter or treaty.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Article I: Identity

Section 1 – Purpose

Kap Bambino is a multicolored alliance that strives to be a symbol of freedom, and to destroy stagnation, interventionism, hypocrisy and opportunism on planet bob through use of military force.

Article V: war

Section 1 – Casus Belli

Part a – A state of war will be declared on an offending alliance for any of the following acts of tyranny:

• Intervention – If an alliance is attempting to intervene in a foreign entities affairs where it has no place.

• Hypocrisy – If an alliance is attempting to bring harm to a foreign entity for reasons that are normally condoned by said alliance.

• Opportunism – If an alliance is attempting to bring harm to a foreign entity, using sudden political circumstances providing a disadvantage to said foreign entity, unless a pre-existing publicly known rivalry exists.

Part b – A state of war will not be declared, if the offending alliance is considered to be at a military disadvantage.

Am I to assume that you will be attacking yourself at any point as intervening on any alliance that you aren't signing treaties with actually causes a paradox in your own charter.

For everyone coming in here to bash Athens, please take it somewhere else, Athens offered me protection as a courtesy because i hold a friendship with them, they never offered to protect me due to their political views or agreements with kap bambino, and due to the people getting butthurt I told them i will not accept protection.

That said, I am growing weary of this turning into an Athens thread, I will reiterate my earlier request that you stop posting about them as it is off topic, a grievance with Athens does not belong in Kap Bambino's deceleration of existence.

I am outraged and shocked. Pissed Off Puerto Rican hereby considers itself in a state of war with whatever this alliance is. Unfortunately, we're real weaklings and wusses, so we'll just throw insults at you from afar. So yeah...fear us...

I hope you realize I am a fully functioning alliance with no current wars or enemies, I will allow you to retract your direct threat upon me.

--

EDIT:

I also updated my Charter a little (yes I can do that, says so in my charter), putting thoughts and ideals into words was never my greatest ability, anyone willing to give me a little assistance is welcome in #kap

Section 1 – Casus Belli

Part a – A state of war will be declared on an offending alliance for any of the following acts of tyranny:

• Intervention – If an alliance is attempting to use morality or their own ethical code to intervene in a foreign entities affairs where it has no place.

• Hypocrisy – If an alliance is attempting to use morality or their own ethical code to bring harm to a foreign entity for reasons that are normally condoned by said alliance.

• Opportunism – If an alliance is attempting to to use morality or their own ethical code to bring harm to a foreign entity, using sudden political circumstances providing a disadvantage to said foreign entity, unless a pre-existing publicly known rivalry exists.

Edited by Jack Diorno

We didn't knowingly raid someone who was protected. Nor would we. If we did by mistake, we would pay reps. Raiding an unprotected 40 man AA carries the risk of raising the ire of the global community, and is a very bad idea in general. We messed up on that. That's been done to death. Raiding a protected alliance not only involves the community in general, but their protectors specifically. Hope this clears things up for you.

Clear enough. Thanks.

We live in a world ruled by tyranny. Any alliance that attempts to bring war to her enemies has to face the screeching hordes of interventionist alliances threatening retribution in the name of false morality. This intervention by uninvolved parties into matters that do not concern them is nothing but power abuse. I can no longer stand by while large alliances use their strength and political might to force undue restrictions on smaller alliances.

<SNIP!>

Section 1 – Casus Belli

• Intervention – If an alliance is attempting to intervene in a foreign entities affairs where it has no place.

• Hypocrisy – If an alliance is attempting to bring harm to a foreign entity for reasons that are normally condoned by said alliance.

• Opportunism – If an alliance is attempting to bring harm to a foreign entity, using sudden political circumstances providing a disadvantage to said foreign entity, unless a pre-existing publicly known rivalry exists.

How comes that you are suddenly entitled to decide which matters concern who, JD? I'd say that your attempt to interfere with any alliance's ability to do whatever diplomatic action they wish is an intervention where you have no place... Which I'd be fine with, but apparently you're not - hence you're probably guilty of hypocrisy. I would also add that, were you to DoW on some people you weren't already enemy with, you'd be attempting to bring harm to them using sudden political circumstances, and your actions would classify under your (bizarre) definition of opportunism (but I'm actually uncertain about this point, because I frankly find your charter hard to read).

Is this policy an attempt to force yourself to DoW on yourself as soon as possible?

:blink:

[ooc]

Funny idea you had here Jack! I can't see how we could hope that it floats, but nonetheless congrats for having had it.

[/ooc]

I am outraged and shocked. Pissed Off Puerto Rican hereby considers itself in a state of war with whatever this alliance is. Unfortunately, we're real weaklings and wusses, so we'll just throw insults at you from afar. So yeah...fear us...

His alliance is the very definition of freedom. Lol, they do whatever they want, the main difference between POPR and other alliances is they don't care what other people think.

I love this guy. He is totally shameless. :awesome:

Back on topic though, I've got to give Jack props for sticking to his guns. So far he has persevered through everyone's interrogation session.

Edited by Chrysocyon