What the Vox Movement Represented [Note: Now IC]

Starfox101

As many of you may know, I was the original founder of Vox Populi. I came up with the idea, and organized the original 11. From there, it basically became the Doitzel show, but as an old man proud of his achievements, I still will claim that I still played a large role in the movement, as a two-time Senator, and former leader, when I gathered the most votes in our elections. What this means, is, I feel that I played a large role in dictating our goals and policies. Whether you want to believe it or not, I don't care. Now, enough of my credentials, what this essay is about, is what the Vox movement was intended to be by myself, and what I believe it came to be throughout our lifespan.

Why am I writing this? Because again, as an old man proud of his accomplishments, I feel Vox is to blame for the state of the world today. We trashed any aggressive action, and shouted them down, and essentially ran these forums throughout our time. It was our playground, our weapon and we used it well. Unfortunately, I feel we've set a precedent that I never intended. A non-violent world, where war has become the ultimate taboo.

If you feel Vox played no part in making the world what it is, and that we were worthless, then simply navigate away. This won't appeal to you.

As you all know, we of the original 11 founders of Vox Populi, were defeated, rejected, and simply out of luck in this world being run by our greatest enemies. We were sent to the prisons of Cybernations for numerous reasons. I myself, have been somewhat of an outlaw fighting Pacifica in any way I could, a historical enemy of theirs with no chance of existing peacefully. Doitzel was a former member, who fell out of touch and revealed damaging info, becoming public enemy number one. MegaAros was simply an a rogue displeased with Pacifica's rule. Sponge, a later addition to Vox had lost control of his alliance due to Pacifica. Basically what I am getting at here, is that we were Pacifica haters.

Vox was more about vengeance, justice, and payback than any moral resistance to Pacifica and her ruling party.

Surprising to memebers of the NPO? Certainly not. We used tactics that painted you as evil as part of our attempt to bring you down. I would shout down anything you would do, from canceling a treaty, to attacking a small AA, and claim it was evil, but in truth, I just wanted to damage you. This is what I feel is taking over the neo-moralists we see today. Much of their hatred and angst is targeting Mushroom Kingdom, Federation of Bucaneers, and Athens. You have a grudge against them, a problem likely relating to their actions in the Karma war you perceive as unjust. Is this your attempt to weaken their hold of the game at the current time?

I have a lot of regrets for bringing tactics like this to the world stage on such a grand level. So much so, that it has become the norm. Will the world ever change and revert back to the days when moralism didn't rule the day? Because guess what, morals in this game are stupid. People will support their side regardless, and trash the other for doing the same thing.I myself am very guilty of this. Bias runs Cybernations politics.

There is no good, there is no evil, there is no wrong, and there is no right, there is only perspective.

So, you neo-moralists polluting this game with your hippie crap, I have to ask, What do you gain from stopping wars? What do you gain from decrying anything outside the normal? What do you gain from being so boring?

You are not righteous. You are pollution and must be eliminated. The point of this essay? Vox's moralism was a load of crap, all the same as the neo-moralist agenda that has taken over the world.

OOC: Sorry if this is a muddled chain of thoughts. I wrote it on mobile on my lunch break at work, with a limited time frame.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, this game is what you make out of it.

Those in power will not change their ways unless they get popular support.

For the time being, this environment is not ready for agressive wars. And that has multiple reasons, of which I think the treaty web also should be taken into account.

I don't know what disgust-drug you're on, but moralism always ruled the game. The difference was that the NPO didn't give a crap about it before GW1.

Not really. There were far more wars in the time frame before the Karma War. Many alliances didn't care what Pacifica did, either. There were always a select few against everything, but if you take a look back, there was never such a mass of moralists decrying everything, even micro AA actions.

People don't want to fight now because they want their reps from NPO. They want to get that out of the way before any major conflict occurs again. Historically wars don't happen on a weekly or monthly basis, it takes time. Most plans that involve what is deemed morally wrong in public take time to be set into motion. Another thing is that do you deem it worth it that war should occur over some stupid new nation going rogue? Simple answer is no. People are going to mobilize over that, but I still believe that world is only holding hands now to one, keep the NPO down and two get their reps from NPO. Then the world will return to a more normal state, that is until NPO starts growing massively again. The current powers that be would never want this to occur because the downtrodden will take their form of justice in the shape of revenge as they always do.

Not really. There were far more wars in the time frame before the Karma War. Many alliances didn't care what Pacifica did, either. There were always a select few against everything, but if you take a look back, there was never such a mass of moralists decrying everything, even micro AA actions.

Well, there were more wars because the sides were set in stone. There was NPO, and then there was not NPO. One side won all of the time, and consequently they started all of the wars. The real reason the world is so boring now is because no one wants to start a war they're not sure they'll win. I guess the moralists do play a part, because it doesn't take much for someone to tear apart anything an alliance does, but the reason you never saw this too much before was because of the whole "shut up or you're next" threat.

Yes there was... its just that usually if a small alliance did something one of the big guys didnt like we had 2 options

1. reps/do what they say

2. die

Attention Starfox: Having already made a reasonably intelligent response to your idiocy in another thread, I'll take a different tack here. You think we're pollution? Think we're a bunch of hippies? Come and get us.

Sincerely,

V.

I can understand some morals in the game. They have to be there, or people will start to lose interest, however I have noticed lately a trend in people taking morals to an extreme that they aren't meant to be taken to, and that has been making the game a bit less interesting as well. Finding a perfect balance is key.

Well, there were more wars because the sides were set in stone. There was NPO, and then there was not NPO. One side won all of the time, and consequently they started all of the wars. The real reason the world is so boring now is because no one wants to start a war they're not sure they'll win. I guess the moralists do play a part, because it doesn't take much for someone to tear apart anything an alliance does, but the reason you never saw this too much before was because of the whole "shut up or you're next" threat.

I would have to agree with this. There are "sides" sorta but noting is set in stone and there is more than 2 sides and no is really calling the shots. People are afraid to start it ( the next big war) because they know that they cant ensure victory

I can understand some morals in the game. They have to be there, or people will start to lose interest, however I have noticed lately a trend in people taking morals to an extreme that they aren't meant to be taken to, and that has been making the game a bit less interesting as well. Finding a perfect balance is key.

I think its just as a previous poster said, its safer to shout morals then it is to send troops. CN goes through its trends, be it "nazi" hunting or OOC attacks.

i think people saw what happened to some very old and very big nations in the karma war and realize that wars going forward will probably be: a) global, with everyone involved, B) nuclear right off the bat, c) go on for a long time, and people who stand to lose a lot from a war like that are doing whatever it takes, and catering their ideals toward the protection of the status quo that seems to be working for them.

i do not think it is 'moralists' who are the 'hippies' here, because i consider myself to be a pretty moral person in this game, and craft policy with the rest of government around what we believe is 'right' (which is, of course, our own opinion). that does not mean that we are hippies, and we are more than ready to fight for what we believe is right. i think your view of what is going on in the current climate is warped, in that you think those exhibiting moral undertones are trying to keep the world out of war, when in reality it is a totally different power sphere, based around protection of the status quo, that is really behind the diffusing of several legitimate cb's in recent months.

Attention Starfox: Having already made a reasonably intelligent response to your idiocy in another thread, I'll take a different tack here. You think we're pollution? Think we're a bunch of hippies? Come and get us.

Sincerely,

V.

Who is we? If you're referring to your tiny alliance, then are you really challenging me? How about this, I gather some friends and we fight your entire alliance. It'll be a tough task for sure for us.

I think you thought this rant was aimed at you. I don't even know who you are, or care about your alliance.

You make a good point, Derek.

Who is we? If you're referring to your tiny alliance, then are you really challenging me? How about this, I gather some friends and we fight your entire alliance. It'll be a tough task for sure for us.

I think you thought this rant was aimed at you. I don't even know who you are, or care about your alliance.

Yes, my tiny alliance. I am challenging you. Bring whoever you want to bring, and I'll bring whoever I want to bring.

Glad to see you don't care about us. Bring that pleasant apathy of yours to the battlefield.

ITT, delusions of notability, unfocused bawwing, and replies from the aluminium-foil-hat brigade.

Look, starfox, it's great that you were a founder of Vox. Wonderful. But you have to remember that most of Karma only half-approved of Vox at best. We didnt fight because of Vox. Whatever you wanted, beyond simply to break the power that hunted you with genocidal zeal, a power we coïncidentally also had need to break, doesnt and never did matter to anyone else.

Beyond that, this is the same old bawwing that I have heard for the majority of my time on planet bob, starting shortly after GWII ended. Oh noes, no warzez! Game over, no funzez! People whine and whine until there's a war then they whine and whine about not getting the peace terms they want then they whine and whine about no warzez again, it's just the cycle of cn.

Yes, my tiny alliance. I am challenging you. Bring whoever you want to bring, and I'll bring whoever I want to bring.

Glad to see you don't care about us. Bring that pleasant apathy of yours to the battlefield.

!@#$, I'd fight your alliance, but my NS is more than your alliance.

It's funny you have to throw down a gauntlet then threaten to use others against me. Pity you can't handle your business yourself.

Since you've challenged me, throw any member of your alliance you have against me.

It's funny you have to throw down a gauntlet then threaten to use others against me. Pity you can't handle your business yourself.

Since you've challenged me, throw any member of your alliance you have against me.

But I thought you were going to bring some friends along! I'll see if anyone's interested in going toe to toe with you, but I'd be more interested in an alliance-wide thing. I'd at least be able to get my hands dirty that way.