Nueva Vida Protectorate

hizzy

As I said earlier, congratulations to both parties.

However, I want to point out that while the tech deal issue was the cause for the official void of the treaty, that is not the only issue we had. Some things that were said and done were not in line with the nature of our alliance. There's no point in going into that now, but I just want to make it clear that we simply didn't just say 'omg we aint gettin tech letz kill!'. We considered other factors as well.

With that said, I'm sure that OoJ can foster well under NV and we hold no ill will toward any parties in this new endeavor.

We understand. In the same position, I likely would have nullified the protectorate as well; if they break their end of the treaty, it is over. However, I believe that someone should give them a second chance rather than leave them to be battered and destroyed by others, forcing even more new nations out of this game, who could learn valuable lessons forging this new alliance; lessons through mistakes, failures, and the occasional success, just as every alliance learns.

We hold no ill will towards the Mostly Harmless Alliance for ending their treaty, as their position is very understandable. We are simply forgiving their past and hoping that they learn from their actions, such a lesson taught by the MHA dropping their treaty.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I know NV and hizzy I've always loved them, and this show of generosity further increases my respect for them.

To the critics: just please understand that (luckily) we're not all the same, and what is good for one may be not so good for another one, and there's nothing wrong in this.

Nueva Vida has always been about second chances: while they certainly won't give a second chance to any and every one, I would have been quite surprised if they had turned down a polite request from OoJ.

Whatever will happen of this Protectorate, I hope that both of the involved parties will get something good from it. Give them a chance.

Hizzy, if you can just clarify for me please

Article 5 - Cancellation

This pact will remain in existence as long as it is economically beneficial to its signatories, should the Order of Justice no longer desire to sell technology to Nueva Vida or Nueva Vida no longer desire to buy it from the Order of Justice this pact can be canceled.

This clause seems not very well thought out, considering the only way to cancel it is via tech trading?

Article 5 - Cancellation

This pact will remain in existence as long as it is economically beneficial to its signatories, should the Order of Justice no longer desire to sell technology to Nueva Vida or Nueva Vida no longer desire to buy it from the Order of Justice this pact can be canceled.

This clause seems not very well thought out, considering the only way to cancel it is via tech trading?

Not exactly. Say, for example, the Order of Justice suddenly goes crazy and starts declaring war on TOP (don't get any ideas, guys). At that point, Nueva Vida would likely "no longer desire to buy [technology] from the Order of Justice" and therefore the "pact can be canceled [sic]."

Not exactly. Say, for example, the Order of Justice suddenly goes crazy and starts declaring war on TOP (don't get any ideas, guys). At that point, Nueva Vida would likely "no longer desire to buy [technology] from the Order of Justice" and therefore the "pact can be canceled [sic]."

Wouldn't that be easier to put in the clause?

"No crazy stuff or we will cancel"

Wouldn't that be easier to put in the clause?

"No crazy stuff or we will cancel"

We could put that; however the majority of our protectorates are centered around tech deals and other economic functions. Hence why we put our cancellation clauses with an economic undertone as opposed to your standard cookie-cutter 48hr cancellation.

It basically says that once our business relationship ends, so does the protectorate. Mind you, it also gives room for subjective interpretation; OoJ might not be selling us tech right now, but if we're still working together, then that's what counts. It also emphasizes to the protectorate the importance of staying active and in touch, rather than signing a treaty and then drifting back into their own little bubble.

Can it be better written? Absolutely. But I'm pretty lazy, and I probably won't bother re-writing it unless a problem comes up in the future that requires it.

The Order of Justice have managed to get themselfes a great partner and protector. It shows that Nueva Vida are approachable and this will most likely be a healthy relationship. The Order of Justice were neglected another opportunity by the other alliances to have a go at making a successful alliance and turned to NV to help them, who done the honourable thing and decided to give a second chance. It shows NV are willing to make themself available to their friends at short notice and offer support. I can now say that I think NV are one of the best protectors out there.

I think this is a really good gesture by Nueva Vida and I just hope The Order of Justice do not take this friendship for granted. I do not think it is right for people to question NV's decision, as I am sure they know what they are doing - It is not like OoJ done something morally wrong to get their protectorate agreement cancelled and NV are probably aware of this.

It is a really good chance for them to prove themselfes and they have the platform needed to build a solid foundation both individually and collectively as an alliance. NV will help OoJ to thrive and I am sure they will greatly assist you with the growth of the alliance. As I said hopefully OoJ do not get involved in any of the bad PR going on with the growing tensions, and hopefully they appreciate what NV has done for them. Most importantly do not take this for granted.

o/ OoJ

o/ NV