A joint UED & The Mafia announcement

Gary Leger

Article III: Mutual (optional) Defense

Should either signatory be subject to an act of aggression, they are well within their rights to request military support, which the other signatory is obligated (wink, wink) to provide unless the former signatory had become involved in a conflict via other treaties with other alliances or blocs, or if they enter an unpopular war in the coming week. In such a case, the request for aid becomes voluntary.

Fixed this for you.

Article VII: Cancellation

It is the hope of both signatories that this pact may last forever, or until the bond it represents grows to the point where an upgrade is merited. Given the uncertainties of the future, however, it is recognized that should any of the above Articles be violated, or should some major irreparable disagreement arise, that this pact maybe canceled after 72 hours notice and will remain in effect for that time

lolpaper

this treaty is obviously nothing more than fancy words on paper

Article III: Mutual Defense

Should either signatory be subject to an act of aggression, they are well within their rights to request military support, which the other signatory is obligated to provide unless the former signatory had become involved in a conflict via other treaties with other alliances or blocs. In such a case, the request for aid becomes voluntary.

Ok, last night was great fun, but let's e-lawyer this a bit.

FYI: There is no point in e-lawyering Article 7, it's cast iron.

The Mafia is not obligated to automatically attack. They are however obligated to attack upon request from UED. They may also attack, at their own discretion at any time, citing the treaty as the CB.

So if UED waves them off, there is no dishonor in not becoming militarily involved. If however UED asks for help while the treaty is in force and The Mafia refuses...

chicken.jpg

May this friendship last forever... (/Me contains not laughing)

Indeed, initially I thought this was an older treaty...at least a month...now I see that it's only 4-5 days ? if even...

Surely this is a treaty that will be as binding as the Ordinance of the Orders!

I cant help but to LoL at this statement.

LMAO!!! 4 days?!! Too funny.

Indeed, it just tells you...you can never ever be to sure :lol1:

I especially love the ironclad cancel clause this thing has. Let's see how THAT plays out.

Its to die for indeed...it wont play out...Mafia will...well you know... :lol1:

I can't even think of a line that's epic enough to cover what happened here.

Indeed Bob Janova, I think we should leave what happened here to be deemed by that word itself... (EPIC)! lol...

does this break a record?

I'm not sure, *goes to check WIki* but I doubt anyone has kept track :(

I guess wF better start drawing up some Mafia target lists quick. Protip: don't use !@#$%*.
Fixed this for you.

lolpaper

this treaty is obviously nothing more than fancy words on paper

A bad piece of paper at that....