Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

NPO IO Oversight = IO controls the outcome

All depends on the IO in charge... With Brehon at the helm I am fully confident that he will take the time to listen and to support the Council in its decisions as long as those decisions will not harm the Order. Council is moving forward and already in the last month those in higher positions have listened and made changes based on Council recommendation. So before you continue on your angst ridden parade may think about getting off and actually paying attention to changes.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IO still run their areas, as before, The Council is responsible for:

They had the same areas previous to the change, just with the overlap of the Imperial Advisory Council, it created unnecessary overlap.

Of course the major operational change also for the Council was the 30 day requirement to run for Council up'd to 3 months.

Great changes all around.

My impression was that a democratically elected body was being given a significant voice in both domestic and global Pacifican policy. If that's not the case, then perhaps I was too hasty with my praise.

He was praising the changes and now you've made him rethink this and take back his praise :facepalm:

Better to have left him dreaming with his illusion Bilrow :P

Anyways, it should do the Order good.

A lazy and superficial analysis. Certain to impress.

After perusing the content of your last 5 posts, I've decided to resist the temptation to explain the pot and kettle relationship.

NPO has made a good decision; no analysis from outside will make any difference unless it is folks congratulating them on making reforms.

My membership was revoked, even though I retained membership in Polar throughout my time in NPO, because some people got butthurt that I started NSO and then didn't immediately fall in line during the Karma War.

Oh well.

Isn't that against the Charter? I forget.

Wait what's the point of electing people to a council if the appointed emperor can just override any decision they make?

that is like asking why there are Ministers and Deputy Ministers in any alliance when the Leader (w/e title) can over ride their decisions...

You do realize the Council has always been a democratically elected position within the New Pacific Order?

Of course he wouldnt.... :rolleyes:

Good to see the councils becoming the power they once were. I remember the days when the councils were the backone of Pacifica. Good work Cortath.

Wait what's the point of electing people to a council if the appointed emperor can just override any decision they make?

Because the Emperor is trusted more than the council. It is a popularity contest, though at least part of their popularity is based on their competence.

Good to see the councils becoming the power they once were.

They aren't, and won't. Any changes to the Council that have been announced are nothing more than superficial. With the current elections, they'd have power over Recruiting and Mentors anyway, and they already had mods over the Library. As for Star Guard and R&D... the former has no real meaning and the latter is more than likely useless.

Edited by Lord of Destruction

They aren't, and won't. Any changes to the Council that have been announced are nothing more than superficial. With the current elections, they'd have power over Recruiting and Mentors anyway, and they already had mods over the Library. As for Star Guard and R&D... the former has no real meaning and the latter is more than likely useless.

Even this feeble power still has IO oversight as well.