Imperial Counselor: Vladimir, Umbrae Noctem

Imperator Emeritus: Dilber, TrotskysRevenge

Military Affairs: Loucifer, Jesse End

Foreign Affairs: VektorZero and Triyun

Internal Affairs: Sir Donald R. Deamon, Brehon

Economic Affairs: Millionario, Bakamitai

News and Propaganda:

Clerk: Sir Paul

What happened to whatever you were? High Command or something. Did you resign, or was the position abolished?

This is impressive.

Cortath, if you can make these reforms function and maintain, you will have truly changed Pacifica for what I think will be the better.

Furthermore - and I say this as one of Pacifica's historically most bitter enemies - you will have gained no small amount of respect from me, for having the desire and the spine to make reformation and changes to your alliance that it desperately needed but that a powerful few resisted. I never thought I would see democratic reform instituted in Pacifica, and you have at least to this point proven me wrong.

Godspeed.

Edited by He Who Has No Name

This is impressive.

Cortath, if you can make these reforms function and maintain, you will have truly changed Pacifica for what I think will be the better.

Furthermore - and I say this as one of Pacifica's historically most bitter enemies - you will have gained no small amount of respect from me, for having the desire and the spine to make reformation and changes to your alliance that it desperately needed but that a powerful few resisted. I never thought I would see democratic reform instituted in Pacifica, and you have at least to this point proven me wrong.

Godspeed.

You do realize the Council has always been a democratically elected position within the New Pacific Order?

Edited by Bilrow

You do realize the Council has always been a democratically elected position within the New Pacific Order?

And when was the last time it was actually listened to?

The IO corps and their cronies have been running the show for recent memory. Democratically elected positions may have existed but their influence was either minimal or minimized.

Edited by He Who Has No Name

And when was the last time it was actually listened to?

The IO corps and their cronies have been running the show for recent memory. Democratically elected positions may have existed but their influence was either minimal or minimized.

IO still run their areas, as before, The Council is responsible for:

. I do hereby grant the Council operational control with Imperial Officer for Internal Affairs oversight over the following Departments: Recruiters Corps, Mentors Corps, Research & Development, Star Guard, House Sitter and the Library. All Departments shall have access to the Council.

They had the same areas previous to the change, just with the overlap of the Imperial Advisory Council, it created unnecessary overlap.

Of course the major operational change also for the Council was the 30 day requirement to run for Council up'd to 3 months.

Great changes all around.

Edited by Bilrow

True, but it virtually had no powers. Pacificans have been complaining for a long time for real responsibility, I'm happy to see that the emperor have given it to them.

IO still run their areas, as before, The Council is responsible for:

They had the same areas previous to the change, just with the overlap of the Imperial Advisory Council, it created unnecessary overlap.

My impression was that a democratically elected body was being given a significant voice in both domestic and global Pacifican policy. If that's not the case, then perhaps I was too hasty with my praise.

My impression was that a democratically elected body was being given a significant voice in both domestic and global Pacifican policy. If that's not the case, then perhaps I was too hasty with my praise.

NPO IO Oversight = IO controls the outcome

No solution is perfect, because we are human and imperfect, but we can work together to make our Order more perfect.

Mk, cuz u said that, I'll help.

Edit- Bilrow, who are you in NPO?

Edited by Jtkode

You are correct i believe on the domestic policy part of it. Before the recent changes council had very limited power. This has actual been part of a couple changes in the power of council so i wouldn't say this came all at once. Before through, council basically just organized social functions. Now it will be helping to lead our internal affairs departments which consists of a much larger role that it will play in Pacifica. This "new" council will be very similar to that of the council created by Moo-Cows at the early days in his term which focused on internal affairs. So yes i believe this will be a democratically elected body with voice on domestic policy. As fair as global policy. That is still left to the Diplomatic corps, through this has been reformed some as well and is much more open to members opinions.

Edited by applesauce59