Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

Thanks to my friends at GATO and elsewhere, for not letting me enjoy this honor in peace and quiet. :P Much love to you all.

Excellent. Baka you can now slip me that 1 billion you owe me.

I'm very reasonable, you can pay me in installments of money and tech and you have til next week to pay up.

Thanks!

Please take a number and stand at the back of the reps line, thanks.

Sad to see DM leave,

on another joke Bak you got punked ;) (inside joke)

Indeed. Let that be a lesson to you.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that I can't remember the last time NPO government was properly turned over implies that this was overdue. One of the main failings of NPO was that its overly comfortable IOs didn't have a good grasp on the state of the world, so it's good to see you doing a proper review.

For this reason, as well as others, I feel that the perception of the Council has decreased in the months and years since those days when the (then) War Council and Alliance Council literally controlled virtually all of the affairs of the New Pacific Order. While I do not wish to return to such a state of affairs at this point in our history, I believe we need to empower the Council in such a way that brings more meaning to the institution and represents the Body Republic in the most effective manner possible.

To those ends, I do hereby abolish the Imperial Advisory Committee. I do hereby change the eligibility requirement to run for Council from 30 days of service in the Order to 3 months. I do hereby grant the Council operational control with Imperial Officer for Internal Affairs oversight over the following Departments: Recruiters Corps, Mentors Corps, Research & Development, Star Guard, House Sitter and the Library. All Departments shall have access to the Council.

I do hereby dismiss all current Councilors and I call for fresh elections from the Body Republic not inconsistent with the present decree. The top three vote receivers shall be granted a two-month term, while the next three shall be granted a one-month term, with the subsequent election to follow standard election guidelines not inconsistent with the present decree.

A wise, and somewhat delayed change which i must say comes some months too late for myself.

Old habits die hard, therefore i must say:

o/

edit: i always miss out key words in posts...

Edited by KingEsus

Nice to see some gov changes.

Though the lack of Ivan make me sad.

Indeed. Hopefully it'll one day be rectified.
Glad I wasn't the only one to notice this.

Good luck to your new government, NPO.

Sorry, there is a simple mistake in the list. Ivan is still Imperator Emeritus and still has the tag on the NPO forums.

Edited by applesauce59