The Juggernaut

Nagato the Great

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I would, of course love to tell you, but there just seems to be no FUN in that." Nergal grinned toothily beneath the hood. "But maybe if you just play an ear to the ground, you'll find something." The smile widened, possibly alluding to some future massacre.

Nergal turned to the 'Sun God'. "Did you know that I snuff out suns with alarming regularity? You figure there are several billion galaxies in this particular universe and several hundred billion stars in each. I'm killing off your brethren 'Gods' at several hundred in any given second." Nergal's eyes flashed a bright yellow for an instant. "And believe me, they taste good."

"But Mister Juggernaut freak-of-aborted-nature, I believe you'll have an interesting role to play in the future. You should just know that I'll be keeping an eye on you."

Carl cocked his head as he listened not only to the words themselves, but the meaning underlying them.

Was he perhaps alluding to the possibility that it was somwhere underground? He extended his senses into the earth beneath, searching for any unnatural gaps or caverns that could possibly be manmade...

The Juggernaut frowned; of course, without any special abilities it wouldn't be seen, but he assumed Nergal could see through his helmet. "I'm no freak of nature, Nerg. I'm the evolution of mankind through technology. A subtle difference."

He turned to Standish, who appeared to be focusing on something. The Juggernaut switched his sighting to energy, and saw the energy emanating from Standish to the areas underground. Hmm--he'd been wrong about Standish. This one too was a clown-magician. "Looking for something, Standish?"

He turned back to Nergal. "Anyways, Nerg, if you don't plan to tell me anything, there really is no point in you being here."

The Juggernaut frowned; of course, without any special abilities it wouldn't be seen, but he assumed Nergal could see through his helmet. "I'm no freak of nature, Nerg. I'm the evolution of mankind through technology. A subtle difference."

He turned to Standish, who appeared to be focusing on something. The Juggernaut switched his sighting to energy, and saw the energy emanating from Standish to the areas underground. Hmm--he'd been wrong about Standish. This one too was a clown-magician. "Looking for something, Standish?"

He turned back to Nergal. "Anyways, Nerg, if you don't plan to tell me anything, there really is no point in you being here."

He opened one eye (he'd unconsciously closed them to focus better) and looked at the Juggernaut.

"You're supposed to be intelligent. You should be able to infer what I'm doing and why from what's been asked and stated already."

The Juggernaut rolled his eyes. Sarcasm was one of the few things he retained from his humanity.

"It's called sarcasm, Standish. I was quite aware that you were probably looking for suspicious activities underground. However, I think this character", he gestured at Nergal. "meant it in a slightly less literal manner."

"You figure that one out all by yourself, nutjob?" The levity in Nergal's voice betrayed a deadly hostility to most things living and otherwise. "Mankind is so FRAGILE in its' fleshy shell. There are things you were never meant to observe or encounter, such as myself and the Elemental here." Nergal inclined his head somewhat respectfully towards Standish.

"As for my location, you sure as hell aren't going to tell me where to go. Did you see how I got in here? I'll leave when I want to." All traces of anything other than cold, primal hunger vanished from Nergal's voice.

"Once again, sir devil-spawn-hell thing, you don't scare me. I don't represent Mankind whatsoever. I am not a nutjob. I can observe and encounter what I wish; i don't need some occult freak named after an ancient god to tell me otherwise. Now, kindly inform me what the hell you want. Unless you're here to annoy me."

The Juggernaut rolled his eyes. Sarcasm was one of the few things he retained from his humanity.

"It's called sarcasm, Standish. I was quite aware that you were probably looking for suspicious activities underground. However, I think this character", he gestured at Nergal. "meant it in a slightly less literal manner."

"Hmm. Perhaps he did. But there's no harm in checking." To extend his senses further, he stuck his hand into the ground, to ensure he hadn't missed anything.

"You figure that one out all by yourself, nutjob?" The levity in Nergal's voice betrayed a deadly hostility to most things living and otherwise. "Mankind is so FRAGILE in its' fleshy shell. There are things you were never meant to observe or encounter, such as myself and the Elemental here." Nergal inclined his head somewhat respectfully towards Standish.

"As for my location, you sure as hell aren't going to tell me where to go. Did you see how I got in here? I'll leave when I want to." All traces of anything other than cold, primal hunger vanished from Nergal's voice.

Carl inclined his head in return. It wasn't often the Avatar of Darkness payed someone a compliment. He was, however, getting annoyed. And the fact that he couldn't express his annoyance made it worse.

"If you two are going to fight, why don't you get on with it? The bickering is anoying, and frankly, distracting."

"The chances of my victory in such a battle are rather low," the Juggernaut responded. "So my HUD informed me when I thought about it. The chances of me winning are about 30%, and that is assuming I am fully equipped, charged, and prepared. Anyways, I fail to remember caring about whether you were annoyed."

OOC: Let's do something actually interesting, shall we? <_< ally, battle, whateve.

The Juggernaut had been thirsting for combat all this time; his HUD clearly told him that the trajectory of the God-Emperor's energy ball was aimed at Nergal. However, he leapt into the air as well, silent and invisible, yet powerful thrusters in his forelegs pushing him up into the air, and assaulted the God-Emperor with a kick that would smash clean through a dozen people.

OOC: I'm hoping that even though your guy is all divine power and my guy is all technology, you'll still make this an even match? :awesome:

"The chances of my victory in such a battle are rather low," the Juggernaut responded. "So my HUD informed me when I thought about it. The chances of me winning are about 30%, and that is assuming I am fully equipped, charged, and prepared. Anyways, I fail to remember caring about whether you were annoyed."

OOC: Let's do something actually interesting, shall we? <_< ally, battle, whateve.

OOC: I would offer battle, but I see that's already been done.

IC: Having searched extensively, concluding he had already saw whatever there was to be found here, Carl, aka the Elementalist, stood straight once more. He would not take sides in this fight, though he would rather the God-Emperor beat some sense into the Juggernaut. That cyborg could do with an attitude adjustment.

And despite his claims, he was not purely machine now. He still had a human body underneath that. Human meant water--which was one of the elements Carl could control.

OOC: Actually the machine was grafted throughout The Juggernaut's body--so the machine is within him as well as without. :D so i would figure that would certainly do something with his water levels. But you could do something, to some extent, but certainly not outright kill the poor guy. :mellow: and anyway you can give battle if you want.

As the ball of energy hit Nergal, he dissipated into a vapor cloud of darkness. The mist swirled about in shadowy tendrils before gradually reforming the Avatar of Darkness' form. Nergal brushed a shoulder off and chuckled. "Some 'God Emperor' you are. I think even those lower-grade Celestials could best you, much less someone with half the power I wield."

The light in the room gradually faded as shadows covered everything; the walls, the floor, the ceiling. It was an advanced trick in which the battlefield literally became a part of the Realm of Darkness. In that different world, Nergal flicked one hand out lightning fast. Dark Energy rippled up and down the arm, jumping from finger to finger and forming a wicked blade humming with bloodlust.

"Your Celestial brothers are no match for me, what makes you think you do any better?" Nergal slammed a foot into the ground and disappeared in an explosion of Darkness. He reappeared an instant later driving the blade through the false Emperor's right shoulder, after which he would once more vanish into incorporeal mist.

OOC: Actually the machine was grafted throughout The Juggernaut's body--so the machine is within him as well as without. :D so i would figure that would certainly do something with his water levels. But you could do something, to some extent, but certainly not outright kill the poor guy. :mellow: and anyway you can give battle if you want.

OOC: He wouldn't be able to kill with that technique anyway...just control the person's body and make it do something that would kill themselves.

IC: Carl sighed. He'd been in this situation before. He was trapped in the darkness along with all the others, so he simply sat in a corner and waited for the outcome of the battle. Though he did light a ball of fire in his hand to make sure he could see what was going on.

The gray door sprung open to suprise Dylan. A team of doctors hussled in, trays and stands within thier hands. The last of them rolled in a box and the door slammed behind them. They were all in complete operational attire. The first and tallest of the doctors to enter the room made his way to Dylan first.

"You are going to feel some slight pain."

An IV was inserted into his arm.

"You're going to feel a little drowzy, and when you wake up...you'll feel so much better."

He looked to his doctors and said,

"Prepare his throat, well need to go in from the side for the vocal cords."

The God-Emperor stood after being knocked to the ground by the Juggernaut, only to feel Nergal's blade of darkness pierce his shoulder. He leapt back from the attack, and raised his hand. Three massive golden lions formed out of the ambient energy and advanced on the juggernaut. Then, he made a shield and a spear of pure energy drawing from his own strength. He flew at Nergal and bashed him with the shield.

"Coward," the Juggernaut smashed one of the lions as it leaped over him. The other tackled him to the ground, and closed its jaws over his helmet. He smashed a fist through the energy-made lion, and threw it off him.

"The dogs of war are fated to die." he said as he destroyed the last lion with a kick through its head, after it had slammed its paw across his face. "Now face me yourself."

Nergal flicked his sword out of the way and took the hit on his arm. The limb twisted in a sickly manner, the elbow bending in ways no arm should be able to. Nergal winced slightly at the hit and drew on the abundant Darkness about the room. Shadows seeped into the broken joint, forcing bones together with a grinding crunch of ligaments and tendons reknitting themselves together.

"Really now. I had better hits from those Elder Gods back in the day."

Nergal clapped both hands together and slammed them onto the ground. Gouts of dark flames erupted from the spot and spread, engulfing the sun-god in a hellish maelstrom of soul-eating shadows. They burned the skin to the core and corrupted the remains; without an antidote given by a Denizen of the Dark Realm, the areas would never heal.