Fall Grau OOC

Lynneth

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if it's expected of Lubeck to write where his troops are specifically, why not Martens? Both are surprise wars, and I hope that you aren't supporting double standards.

Not supporting double-standards. I do think he should flesh out where everything is. However, the key is--it IS a surprise attack. He wasn't even OOCly expecting it so far as we know, so he has to remember where he put everything. ;)

Cruise missiles are equal to what you have IG.
Not quite, I though we had a ruling a while back that IG cruise missiles equaled non-nuclear ICBMs a while back.

Actually, the ruling was IG cruise missiles equal non-nuclear WMD's (i.e. chemical and biological weapons), and that there was no limit other than 'be reasonable' on RP cruise missiles.

>>OOC: Thank you for the clarification.

Important notice regarding my military losses: Since you have higher tech, I'll post my Losses Numbers to be relative to yours - that is, relatively higher, once you do post 'em, just so that we can keep a working ratio

Understood. The ratio would 'officially' be 1:2.291, so I lose 1 man, you lose 2.291, but that's just a guideline. RP changes that, obviously.

>>OOC: Are you sure your ETC artillery guns shouldn't have a higher range? I looked up some stuff and it is possible for my 210mm guns to have a theoretical range of up to 57km, same as you. You should have more of an advantage.

I'm actually not sure. I just took the capabilities of the PzH2000 in reality without increasing it, because back then I didn't install ETC guns on my howitzers. Back when I was Singapore. (Using basically the same vehicle ftw) But by now I've slapped ETC guns on them, so, yeah. I probably forgot increasing their range. Normal tanks can fire ~4 kilometers with normal guns, ~8 km with using rockets in their barrels. Or rocket-assisted ammo, dunno exactly which.

Anyways, I guess that'd mean a range of 90 kilometers of more, which really is...Well, a bit crazy, in fact. But hey, if you agree to it, they'll have that.

>>OOC: Anti satellite weaponry. I thought that this was long banned from CNRP? Please reply on the other thread, of course.

I distinctly remember Malatose using anti-sat missiles on several occasions, and nobody complained. I think it's satellite-base weaponry that's banned, not groundbased weapons to kill sats.

>>OOC: Shooting down ALL of the CMs and ALL of the planes - AT ONCE? Come on...

Sorry, I went overboard with that, I know (and I only realized when I was already in bed. Yay me). Of course not all CMs are shot down, but the planes are kind of easy targets; A single missile each or two, because passenger planes are made to be *seen* by radar, which in turn makes it easy to fire a guided missile.

Meanwhile, I'd ask you to provide real ranges instead of "remarkable range" or "sufficient range". The modern Gepard Flakpanzer has a gun-range of 5.5 kilometers, for example, and most real AA guns don't reach further than 12 kilometers. If you don't provide ranges and more specific numbers, I'll go off IRL-counterparts.

(And yes, even as statfreak such as me, you can still RP properly. See my posts in Fall Grau. :v: )

>>OOC: Shooting down ALL of the CMs and ALL of the planes - AT ONCE? Come on...

Sorry, I went overboard with that, I know (and I only realized when I was already in bed. Yay me). Of course not all CMs are shot down, but the planes are kind of easy targets; A single missile each or two, because passenger planes are made to be *seen* by radar, which in turn makes it easy to fire a guided missile.

Only thing I'll comment on.

When things blow up in midair, heavy steel objects and various mechanical parts fall down. These tend to be very fatal. Plus, there's not the guarantee of getting a shattering hit. If you hit the tail, it still lands in a fiery burst of explosives.

Alright, I won't post an attach until he is back.

Back now (for as long as my internet works with me. :v: )

Only thing I'll comment on.

When things blow up in midair, heavy steel objects and various mechanical parts fall down. These tend to be very fatal. Plus, there's not the guarantee of getting a shattering hit. If you hit the tail, it still lands in a fiery burst of explosives.

Depends on where I shoot them down, of course. If I shot them over german territory or above their border walls, the planes wouldn't have damaged much. Also, it would've been impossible to steer them, so my men could've moved out of the way.

It'd basically be like a normal planecrash, only faster and less controllable by the pilot.

Edit: Also, Cody, lookit this post:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1988652

Your troops are, due to you having below 1500 tech, about equal with Martens'. Unless you bought 300-500 more tech that I don't know of.

Edited by Lynneth

Back now (for as long as my internet works with me. :v: )

Depends on where I shoot them down, of course. If I shot them over german territory or above their border walls, the planes wouldn't have damaged much. Also, it would've been impossible to steer them, so my men could've moved out of the way.

It'd basically be like a normal planecrash, only faster and less controllable by the pilot.

Edit: Also, Cody, lookit this post:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1988652

Your troops are, due to you having below 1500 tech, about equal with Martens'. Unless you bought 300-500 more tech that I don't know of.

Oh, I forgot the tech scale switched. I still thought my tech efficiency was a lot higher than his though.

OOC: All clear for me. I'll be more specific, my only complaint is that my SAMs should have range enough to reach just about anything...only that since they are lower technology, their ratio of fire is forced to be smaller due to having to use the whole semi-guided business, which means that they're considerably less efficient than any SAM you may happen to use anyway. With this in mind, and agreeing with the rest, I'll go post.

I'm not a mod or GM, but I can confirm that the ruling was only weapons based in space. You know, stuff like Rods from God. ;)

This is correct. Space-based weapons and weapons platforms are not permitted, just like lasers.

However, Satellite-killing has been around for some time, and has never been banned.