Recruiting messages.

IncendiarytheGreat

Alliances shouldn't mind recruitment letters sent to their members.

That's part of the fun on Bob; seeing what else is out there.

I think it is one massive inferiority complex to expect an alliance not to advertise itself to one of your members.

At 13 we welcome recruitment messages from other alliances sent to our members; they should just expect a recruitment message from us to them in exchange.

What's the big deal?

Personally, between allies I can understand how it can be considered wrong or not right but the rest I don't really see the big problem. It would be another way to weaken your rivals by trying to get their members to leave their alliance and join yours.

Personally, between allies I can understand how it can be considered wrong or not right but the rest I don't really see the big problem. It would be another way to weaken your rivals by trying to get their members to leave their alliance and join yours.

The most disappointing thing that I've experienced is the prohibition on individualism that happens in most alliances.

Let's say 5 people are interested in finance but only 1 guy gets put in charge; there's 4 peeps out of work unless the "gov" decides to have deputies and all that b.s.

I say to hell with that and the prohibition on recruitment messages.

Have a standing committee for a thing like finance and have a standing committee for recruitment, everyone can go about things their own way.. according to their own strengths.

If a member decides the grass is greener on the other side than so be it.

Personally sometimes having only one person in charge is better than having plenty. Nothing stops people from having a Minister of Finance and have the MoF create a council under him/her of experienced members in the finance department advise him. Though that is off topic to this topic.

WHat I can't understand from the original poster is if he deletes his messages without paying attention to them, why does he come and take his time to create a thread about those messages that he suppositly doesn't pay attention to?

Just like many alliances are mostly the same with just different leaders and names.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but the only thing which often does differentiate alliances is their leaders and their names. However seeing as how most recruitment messages are just "get this much aid for joining us, prevent tech raids (and possibly protect your own raiding), friendly people, blah blah" I don't really see how that difference is relevant. It's all the same to someone joining a mass alliance as just another anonymous person. Unless you actually have a knowledge of the politics of CN and the goings-on of the OWF, in which case a recruitment message is very likely to tell you anything you care about, then who the leader's name of an alliance is doesn't really matter.

If you don't want to join an alliance, and want to stop the recruitment messages, then just change your AA from none to something funny and original that you think of yourself. People will seriously stop recruiting you and stop tech raiding you. If you don't believe me, try it yourself, because I know from experience that it works.

OP: I never saw where in that message it stated you had to state your opinion outside of hitting the delete button.

I never saw where it said he didn't have to either. In fact, last I checked, this is a forum meant for people's opinion. I fail to see how his matters any less or any more then anyone elses.

Edited by Nintenderek

People need to look at the individual situation of the potential recruit and write a personalized recruitment message that might appeal to them or at the very least have several pre-written recruitment letters to suit various common circumstances rather than use a one size fits all approach that may be inaccurate as it was in the OPs' case.

I still think all recruitment messages should be made in haiku.

If you are spartan wouldn't using iambic pentameter be a more appropriate style of poetry for a recruitment message?

If you are spartan wouldn't using iambic pentameter be a more appropriate style of poetry for a recruitment message?

He likes culture and other foreign things. I didn't know what a tea pot was, until I met him.

\What you could do about these messages is offer constructive criticism back to the people sending you these messages - tell them how to get your attention. :v: