Tightening the Bonds

Sargun II

A private message was sent to the government of the HRE. It said that they wished for the HRE to start a highly secret video meeting between the two countries top leaders and that it would be safer if HRE technology was used to initiate it. At the end of the message they wrote, "Remember that favor?"

The favour was remembered, and the video conference was initiated after a short time. The Emperor himself and Chancellor Müntefering were sitting on the Holy Roman side, looking at the monitors, at the Carthaginan representatives.

"Greetings. What do you wish to discuss?"

Of course, everything was kept under insanely high secrecy, so that it would be nigh impossible to find out anything about this meeting.

President Obama and the two highest-ranking members of Congress flanking him sat in some chairs looking at the monitors.

"If you've noticed we've been rather aggressive to you - it's the simple thing of aggressive diplomacy. It is not a good judge of our true feelings to you," Obama said. "In fact, we feel that the HRE is exactly what Europe needs and that Germany needs to be flattened. Carthage has as no-treaty policy but.. you can be the exception. Having both the strongest countries in the world on your side would be a great help to us, yes?" He laughed.

"Let's not forget that you'd have an economic advantage in the Mediterranean, mmhmm.. I want to call in the favor. Sign this pact."

Obama held up a piece of paper and nodded to a techie on the side. On the HRE side they would see:

Treaty of Schnitzel

Pact 1: Non-aggression between the signees of this treaty is mandatory.  Diplomacy must always be conducted first.
Pact 2: If either signee comes under attack from a third party, the other signee must send military and economic aid to the other.
Pact 3: Each nations waters will be open to each other and all taxes will be halved; schnitzel is to be untaxed.
Pact 4: Military intelligence between the two nations may be shared without ramifications.
Pact 5: This treaty has a four-week cancellation clause.

Both men listened to the President, and the Emperor smiled when Obama mentioned that Germany should be flattened.

"Germania delendam est, I say.

Now, for the treaty...Hm. Quite nice. It would benefit both of us greatly. Economically, we'd have unrestricted access to Gibraltar, and it could potentially keep Rebel Army off our backs if the EU decides to be stupid and intervenes.

But why Schnitzel? Do you like it so much that you wish to name a treaty after it?"

Müntefering chuckled as the Emperor said this, but afterwards the two men looked at each other, as if they were communicating without saying anything. Which was, in fact, true. They were not only wearing the Augmented Reality contact lenses, but also Neural Impulse Actuators, enabling them to use the lenses and the integrated computers for easy and quick text-messaging.

After a few minutes, the Emperor nodded. "It is decided. We shall sign this glorious treaty. With a small amendment."

Treaty of Schnitzel

Pact 1: Non-aggression between the signees of this treaty is mandatory. Diplomacy must always be conducted first.

Pact 2: If either signee comes under attack from a third party, the other signee must send military and economic aid to the other.

Pact 3: Each nations waters will be open to each other and all taxes will be halved; schnitzel is to be untaxed.

Pact 4: Military intelligence between the two nations may be shared without ramifications.

Pact 5: This treaty has a four-week cancellation clause.

Pact 6: President Obama King Sargun shall receive one Schnitzel per week, to be called in whenever he feels like. It does not accumulate.

Müntefering smiled and continued in the Emperor's stead.

"I hope you like that. Now, for the favour...What can we do for you?"

Edited by Lynneth

Obama smiled and nodded, looking to his two representatives.

"This man needs Holy Roman citizenship." A man who the Holy Roman government would undoubtedly know from the massive amount of money he recently invested in their country popped up on their screen. "He is, legally, not a citizen of any existing country in the world so I am sure he does not violate any dual-citizenship laws, yes?"

Edited by Sargun

Obama smiled and nodded, looking to his two representatives.

"This man needs Holy Roman citizenship." A man who the Holy Roman government would undoubtedly know from the massive amount of money he recently invested in their country popped up on their screen. "He is, legally, not a citizen of any existing country in the world so I am sure he does not violate any dual-citizenship laws, yes?"

Alexander nodded. "I see, I see...I'm sure we can give the man his citizenship. Even easier because he has none right now. Just a bit forging here and there, and it's done."

Müntefering sighed. "While I personally don't like to see such a thing done, he is quite an investor, helping some smaller companies considerably. I'd hate to lose his contributions, so I'll agree to this. At least he has no citizenship right now, that makes things easier.

Now, can we sign the treaty itself?"