Tabloid Tribune #152 | Now Externally Focused!

Sir Paul

NPO is currently involved in 17 active wars. It should be involved in 0. Each one of these should be followed up by someone in Karma to determine which of the wars initiated by NPO members are in reality ghosts and appropriate action taken. Of those initiated by real NPO members, NPO needs to follow up and take appropriate action. All wars initiated against NPO, regardless of AA are illegal actions and should be dealt with through standard channels.

Thing is...it took me all of about 3o seconds to make an initial determination that wars were going on and that they may need followed up on. Assuming you are bright enough to assemble a small team of individuals from representative Karma alliances, they could maintain vigil 24/7 and rapidly make determinations regarding all conflicts involving NPO.

Has this not been explored? If not, why not?

Heck, with the number of alliances on the NPO front. One alliance could monitor the war screen a week and they wouldn't come back up for a rotation in three months.

There's no reason VE should shoulder the full responsibility.

Edited by Bilrow

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NPO is currently involved in 17 active wars. It should be involved in 0. Each one of these should be followed up by someone in Karma to determine which of the wars initiated by NPO members are in reality ghosts and appropriate action taken. Of those initiated by real NPO members, NPO needs to follow up and take appropriate action. All wars initiated against NPO, regardless of AA are illegal actions and should be dealt with through standard channels.

Thing is...it took me all of about 3o seconds to make an initial determination that wars were going on and that they may need followed up on. Assuming you are bright enough to assemble a small team of individuals from representative Karma alliances, they could maintain vigil 24/7 and rapidly make determinations regarding all conflicts involving NPO.

Has this not been explored? If not, why not?

Read Moo's post above.

Fact of the matter is it was going rather smoothly for a while, then gov changes happened, etc. I've spoken with NPO and streamlined the matter as to avoid any hiccups from here on out.

There's no reason VE should shoulder the full responsibility.

It's not something we have any problem with doing. Plus, we have arranged to work with others on the front (specifically FOK) to keep up on all ends of the terms and cover any nations we cant get to.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Get over yourself, taking a 12 year old's dig at us didn't cause us to do anything.

It caused you to do a little dance for me. -_-

By the way, if you care to go back and look at what you said you'd find that you're only making yourself look like an $@!. As it has been said plenty of times, the Entente has done a tremendous amount of protecting Pacifica, and we're hardly trying to "get [our] reward money for flipping on NPO after licking NPO's gooch for two years."

Ah, you're past denying it. Gooooooood.

VE is so pompous that when I compliment them for getting some good dialogue going, they're insulted. If I'm an $@!, well, what are you? hee-haw. No other terms enforcers are screaming mad itt, I wonder what the difference between them and VE is?

Edited by Schattenmann

No other terms enforcers are screaming mad itt, I wonder what the difference between them and VE is?

That would be the name of our Deputy Secretary of Defense accidentally being added to the list of rogues in the OP...

The handling of rogues was a side discussion, which has resulted in a productive solution as I noted above. Original malcontent was over the first issue.

VE is so pompous that when I compliment them for getting some good dialogue going, they're insulted. If I'm an $@!, well, what are you? hee-haw. No other terms enforcers are screaming mad itt, I wonder what the difference between them and VE is?

I think the issue was trying to make a a propaganda issue out of something that could and should have been handled in private channels. Just because VE still was willing to deal with it despite the sh*ty way it was brought up doesn't change the fact it was brought up in a sh*ty way.

NPO is lucky that the people they surrendered to are more gracious and classy than they were in that position.

Well you've seen how VE treats their allies - why are you surprised at how they treat their enemies?

I'm not sure why we have to tell VE in particular when we are attacked. You'd think telling any of the Karma alliances about it would be enough, or, maybe Karma could check the war screen now and again. If they're seriously using the "We didn't know" defense, when the information is right there if they look, well... that's pretty pathetic.

NPO is currently involved in 17 active wars. It should be involved in 0.

Ideally every single alliance would endure zero rogue attacks, every single alliance would have zero members go rogue or declare unauthorized wars, and every single alliance would have zero ghosts declare wars in their name. Realistically though there's no way to guarantee that happens, nor is there any way to force the rogues to peace out. Now whether or not attacks on non-ghosting NPO nations are being handled, and adequately at that, is a separate issue, and a legitimate one no less. But maintaining that the NPO should be involved in zero wars is an unrealistic (unfair?) expectation.

You obviously have not picked up on anything that was eluded to about the agreement reached this last page...

No, I got all that. I was referring to the arrogant tone VE's taken throughout this thread, which is pretty much par for the course with you guys.

No, I got all that. I was referring to the arrogant tone VE's taken throughout this thread, which is pretty much par for the course with you guys.

Yep, saying we aren't psychic and need to be told when an issue arises is the height of arrogance, were such terrible people for not being clairvoyant!

If the measuring standard is against you I have no issues with claiming superiority, but this thread has been derailed enough (though productively) without adding your sad sideshow into the mix.

With so many alliances involved its very easy to fall into the mindset of 'somebody else is taking care of it', with the field narrowed to just VE communications should become much smoother. While it might be a stretch to say I'm looking forward to working with the NPO, its not a stretch to say I'm looking forward to a smoother functioning reporting system, even if it does make more work for me :P

I'm not sure why we have to tell VE in particular when we are attacked.
Because we just agreed that you're better off doing that. After all, baby NPO honey puppy, you can be sure I'll take care of you just like our other protectorates, at least now that we've been able to improve our loving communications.

Kisses and hugs, kids.

xoxoxo

P.S. Moo, don't be afraid of Schatt's paddle. It only works against nasty children, and you're big nice bovine, baby, arent'cha?

Upon reading The headlining tabloid of this thread I have made a couple obvious deductions.

1. You have effectivly proven that this NPO has ineffective leadership and is incapable of handling even tiny problems.

2. That you only bother to gather one side of the facts. (I suppose, that is why this work of half-truths and fiction is a tabloid.)

3. This article shows that the NPO cannot even do something as simple as make and update report.

Based on this article, I have been shown that though NPO was allowed to keep some dignity and not be dissolved after this Karma war that they are petty, spiteful, and unappreciative.

I would think an alliance as apparently esteemed as the NPO could handle their problems in a more professional manner. (Perhaps they could finally allow the other parties representative to join their forum?)

Your use of fancy words and the layout of this article is nice. However, in the future I would like to all sides of the story. This unbiased approach could make me an avid reader.

Wow, talk about a complete and total fail on understanding what a tabloid is. Good job, Ionait, I think you won this thread.

Wow, talk about a complete and total fail on understanding what a tabloid is. Good job, Ionait, I think you won this thread.
Tabloid = a publishment that upon it's implications, content or reasoning being criticized, can be defended flawlessly with a simple phrase "You don't understand what a tabloid is, LULZ!", enabling a potshot channel that's impervious to criticism and negative comments upon the publisher

You seem to be inferring that, and therefore farrin, it's you who is the winner.

You see, we all know what a tabloid is, but that doesn't make tabloids any less retarded, or subject to comments and criticism. Would you like to learn more?

Yep, saying we aren't psychic and need to be told when an issue arises is the height of arrogance, were such terrible people for not being clairvoyant!

If the measuring standard is against you I have no issues with claiming superiority, but this thread has been derailed enough (though productively) without adding your sad sideshow into the mix.

Thanks for proving my point. :awesome:

If the terms you game Athens and TDSM8 were gracious, these most certainly are.

I don't know about TDSM8, but Athens lost 14,000/16,000 tech, NPO lost 350,000/348,018 tech.

NPO lost $10,000,000,000 when Athens lost $0.

Athens' terms certainly weren't worse.