Tabloid Tribune #152 | Now Externally Focused!

Sir Paul

and as for your nations under attack, do you bother to tell VE, Sparta, FOK, or whoever is in charge of that matter or do you post it on Twitter?

This is the first time I have seen that Twitter feed.

@SirWilliam: I think you nailed it pretty well.

In any case, I have fought rogues myself, so I find this a bit disappointing.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

check your facts a little better before making yourself look like an idiot. Arm_Red is VE Deputy Secretary of Defense, and probably the one person who has attacked more rogues attacking NPO or ghosts in NPO more than any other person. that you would think this was worthy of 'retribution' shows how sorry the Pacifican propaganda machine has become.

i have personally inquired with NPO multiple times about clearing nations to be hit who are ghosting NPO and have ordered nations to attack those who have attacked NPO. at VE we take this protection seriously (have you heard of the VE-GDI War?) and have done well by NPO, and treated them with much more respect than we could have expected to have been treated were the tables reversed.

if NPO wishes to recruit new nations, that is their choice. that they can not afford harbors is not our problem, perhaps Pacifica, knowing the terms as they are, would be best to not recruit new nations into their alliance until they are out of terms, because then they wouldnt have to worry about how to provide harbor grants.

the terms are right there out in the open. they were agreed to not with a gun to their heads, but were agreed to because they were fair and it ended the carnage. it is poor show for NPO to complain about them four months into their duration, after making only what amounts to a half-hearted effort to pay off the required reparations to see the terms end.

in the end, you are taking the terms very literally in that you have 12 months to pay the reparations off, and seem to have no plans to pay them off significantly sooner than that. why then, should the other side be lenient on bending terms of the surrender in your favor?

While I thank the Deputy Secretary of Defense Arm_Red of the Viridian Entente for his defense of Pacifican nations, I must express my deep regrets at his offense against Pacifican nations, specifically his war declaration against nation the demilitarized and defenseless NPO nation Zephoria, ruled by Zephoku on September 1, 2009, who had declared no wars since the end of hostilities.

The Tabloid Tribune

One Step Ahead of the Truth

Since September 2003

Go After the Hated and Defenseless: Everyone loves a hero, and nothing is more heroic than cutting down unarmed heathen peasants. The Tabloid Tribune recommends the alliance "New Pacific Order." They are currently under surrender terms, unable to fight back and their protectors have been turning a blind eye to raiding activity. For example, at the last Praetorian Guard audit, 100 non-ghost members were raided, but only 18 of them were defended. The best part is that if you are caught, it's illegal to give them reparations for the damage you caused! It's pure profit. Also, because they are hated, any mention of this on the open world forum would be considered "whining" and would elevate your status as defender of the realm. Here is a list of leaders who have taken the plunge and attacked the Order without any retribution from the Group of 15.

It's too bad that I banned raiding in Athens for a while. Such an warm invitation! :wub:

While I thank the Deputy Secretary of Defense Arm_Red of the Viridian Entente for his defense of Pacifican nations, I must express my deep regrets at his offense against Pacifican nations, specifically his war declaration against nation the demilitarized and defenseless NPO nation Zephoria, ruled by Zephoku on September 1, 2009, who had declared no wars since the end of hostilities.

after digging through logs, Zephoku of Zephoria was attacked because he accepted aid, violating the terms of surrender, at the end of August.

Hi

IRC discussion from I don't know when. Pulled up when I searched our forums for Zephoria.

[13:13] <&Arm_Red[VE]> [18:25] <~Impero[VE]> new target

[13:13] <&Arm_Red[VE]> [18:25] <~Impero[VE]> http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp...&Extended=1

[13:13] <&Arm_Red[VE]> [18:25] <~Impero[VE]> kill this

[13:13] <&Arm_Red[VE]> [18:25] <~Impero[VE]> add it to whatever list ur makeing

[13:13] <&Arm_Red[VE]> [18:25] <~Impero[VE]> aid violator 2 weeks of attacks

[13:13] <&Arm_Red[VE]> that one

Please note that I was not the only Viridian Entente member declared on Zephoria. Take it however you want. I'm probably not keeping up with this thread anyways.

Oh hey, I see my name since I rogue'd on Cortath (unsuccessfully, but it was totally worth it). I feel so acknowledged and cool now. :3

Nice read. :v:

And for the record, Arm Red has been a pretty cool guy in the amazing... 1 discussion we had. :v:

Edited by Beatrice

Please note that I was not the only Viridian Entente member declared on Zephoria. Take it however you want. I'm probably not keeping up with this thread anyways.

So since NPO counts it as a raid and you initiated it as a terms enforcement, it looks like somwhere along the line there was a communications breakdown.

So since NPO counts it as a raid and you initiated it as a terms enforcement, it looks like somwhere along the line there was a communications breakdown.

i agree, there was a communications breakdown, and i have talked to cortath in the hopes of improving those lines of communication, so that in the future we can both be on the same page, and VE can do our job as protectors more effectively.

Well out of curiosity, why wasn't he defended when he was attacked by the nation Kennedia on the 20th of October?

The answer to the communication breakdown and this question are one in the same 1) I was promoted to Duke and my replacement was still getting settled in with his job and 2) occ: law school is some busy @#$%.

There is no requirement that you be notified when a nation is in violation of terms, has had their last chance to make right, and is cleared for attack. It was just something I always did as a courtesy to you all. Ironically, the one time that does not happen, you post the single nation who has probably done more to protect your alliance then any other as a rogue who should be picked off by random OWF readers. Communication break down is right...

So yea, you probably shouldn't direct your question to VE seeing as we have been more then happy to bear the lions share of protection on you guys since you came under terms. Make sure to edit Arms name out of your list and replace it with "thank you".

Meanwhile, Red Dawn signatories are left to stew with NPO; 33% of Pacifican nations—the nations we need to strengthen ourselves and our alliances—have no harbor. Karma refuses to allow even $200,000 one-to-one transactions to facilitate trade between Red Dawn and NPO. As NPO is retarded, so are those who are to be the hedge against a resurgence of unilateral Red control, more than any terms regarding NPO doctrine.

There are plenty of NPO nations with enough infrastructure to send out aid that aren't doing so for that to be a valid complaint. Last I checked, the aid slot usage of nations at 3999 infra+, for reps or internal aid, was around 40%. You could even bust out the old aid chains if you wanted to give all your guys harbor money.

Also having to deal with small rogues and the like is why the TPF terms were written in a way that allowed TPF to deal with them themselves if they were able. Saves everyone the hassle.