CAN Summit

Karnee

>>Classified

Monbossa representative checked to see if more were coming, when there was no indications he began.

"Thank you, all of you for attending. I hope more will arrive shortly, but I feel we should start now. What I want to talk about today is the future of our nations and the alliance. As you know, the nations Europa and Asia have been at war with each other for years, as many of you have noticed this has led to an increase of refugees flocking to the African and the American continent. These refugee lanes show how the majority of these refugees arrive to our nations."

RefuggeLanes.jpg

"With the prospect of war near Africa we are expecting an increase refugees in ten fold over the next few months."

Edited by Karnee

Lilian Meridian, the Disparuean Minister of Foreign Affairs, looked at the Monbossan representative. "I'm sorry, but, what is your point exactly? Refugees from war-torn nations have always been accepted in Disparu, and I don't really see anything different if there's a spike in the amount of refugees entering our region."

"The increase in refugees is not the problem, they are the symptom. We are largely unaffected by the wars in Europa and Asia, but their conflicts affect the world all the same. To us it comes in the form of refugees. In the short term this is a worth while symptom at least, economical growth that leads to an increase in revenue and that is always a good thing.

Let me get this clear that our economies are about to fall into a recession never imagined before. We in Monbossa are starting to reach the limit of our capacity to house these refugees. By the end of this year, excluding the prospect of war in Africa and the subsequent increase in refugees we are expecting to reach that limit by the end of the year.

When we reach this capacity will come a new class of people living in poverty, crime will flourish, racial hatreds will flair and with no way of stopping it, the eventual collapse of Monbossa within the next 60 years. We are currently establishing ways of stopping this but, all options except one will only slow them down.

I understand that bringing this up here seems like a waste of your time, but this is not isolated. All nations in our region our under the same threat, it is only a matter of time.

Edited by Karnee

"Indeed, while increased immigration may cause several problems, we shouldn't really worry about it that much. Disparu is known for its multicultural soceity. We shall be able to house and integrate these refugees into society, and I'm quite sure that the other CAN members will be able to handle the immigration spike too. And I don't see the correlation between immigration and a major economic recession, care to explain?

If you really need help with the immigrants, you can always contact one of the members of the CAN."

That is not our problem, we welcome them but our resources our not endless and the amount of refugees will outpace our ability to build homes for them. I have already stated what that will lead to. The problem will not cease when we close our border, other nations have in the past and the end result was still the same. All the refugees have done has made the problem appear more quickly then it would have. When you have people with no homes, they are going to turn to crime or business owners will employ them for less than others. It won't take long for racial tension even in a multi-racial society.

My nation has come up with a solution that will benefit the whole of the Alliance and our individual nations.

Expansion into Viniland.

Lilian Meridan jumped out of her chair, not believing what she heard. "WHAT!? ARE YOU CRAZY!? DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU'RE ABOUT TO DEAL WITH!?" Lilian slumped back into her chair. "Viniland is a superpower, both in terms of military and its economy, and I'm quite sure that a forceful takeover of its protectorate region will be more problematic to CAN than helpful.

And besides, I don't see the benefits of expanding our borders into Viniland's protectorate region. If you're looking for land, well, we have lots of it here in the Arctic, considering that most of our territories are just undeveloped land with an occasional city here and there.

And again, I assure you that the current system we have in place will be able to handle this spike in immigrants."

He waited fort the Disparuean representative to finish before continuing. "Land is only useful if you have need for it. What we need our resources, yes land will be an added benefit but the aim of this expansion is to gain resources. There is a reason that Viniland is that powerful and a large part of that is due to its resources. Arctic has no resources aside from the little oil sites we can find.

Let me ask you why a man dyeing of thirst would want food rather than water if you offered him the choice?

I think you greatly over estimate their Viniland abilities, but for now conflict is not the only option. We can still appeal diplomatically, see if he is willing to hand over more of his territory willingly."

Evan Gibbons knocks on the door leading to the meeting room. He bows a bit and says "I was told this is where I am supposed to apply for membership for the CAN." He then puts a dossier of documents on the table. "This contains most of Damacious' information I was told to bring. It's not totally complete, but I promise hat I'll do the best I can to fill the rest in. With me I have my secretary of foriegn affairs, Isaac Mellor." Isaac takes a seat and says, "I better get overtime for this." Evan also takes a seat and asks, "Anything else you need us to explain?"

Expansion into Viniland.

Blyzar Dreth, representing Eggman Empire observed the three-way debate between Monbossa, Vilhjálmsson, and Meridan and waited until they'd stopped arguing for a moment. "I agree with Meridan and Vilhjálmsson. Attempting to annex any portion of Viniland will most likely result in being rebuffed and pushed out of said holdings, at the very least. More likely, the hostile country will be invaded and made into a puppet state. If this happens, I assure you Eggman Empire will withdrawl it's membership from CAN. Besides, I'm sure Viniland can be convinced to give up some land in some other way." He stated plainly. Then he heard a knock and turned to face the door.

Evan Gibbons knocks on the door leading to the meeting room. He bows a bit and says "I was told this is where I am supposed to apply for membership for the CAN." He then puts a dossier of documents on the table. "This contains most of Damacious' information I was told to bring. It's not totally complete, but I promise hat I'll do the best I can to fill the rest in. With me I have my secretary of foriegn affairs, Isaac Mellor." Isaac takes a seat and says, "I better get overtime for this." Evan also takes a seat and asks, "Anything else you need us to explain?"

"How about what can you and your country bring to further the success and growth of this alliance?" Dreth stated dryly.

"Well, we have mass aluminum and cattle reserves in our country, among other things. I heard some talk of Viniland through the door, we do have direct contact with Viniland...In any case, I'm sure we can bring great prosperity to the alliance, through trade means of our natural resources."

"Well, we have mass aluminum and cattle reserves in our country, among other things. I heard some talk of Viniland through the door, we do have direct contact with Viniland...In any case, I'm sure we can bring great prosperity to the alliance, through trade means of our natural resources."

"That's good to know. However, I'd like to know more about your nation's, specifically your Government's, ideologies."

Edited by Pikachurin

A private message was sent to all CAN representatives:

Viniland is interested in becoming an observer member of the Confederation. Although our foreign policy of not signing any military pacts still stands, we are keen on cooperating with CAN member-states on an economic level. Let us know.

-Pasqualle Bianchi, Prime Minister

"I'd be glad to."

"I personally believe the only true way to world peace is through democracy - the very same form of democracy that I use in Damacious. Free speech is allowed, regardless of how it may damage our government, uh, we are only going ot get involved in a war if our allies are directly attacked, we have next to no limits on censorship of the press, so on and so on."

"I'd be glad to."

"I personally believe the only true way to world peace is through democracy - the very same form of democracy that I use in Damacious. Free speech is allowed, regardless of how it may damage our government, uh, we are only going ot get involved in a war if our allies are directly attacked, we have next to no limits on censorship of the press, so on and so on."

"Very well then. Disparu has your support."

Viniland is interested in becoming an observer member of the Confederation. Although our foreign policy of not signing any military pacts still stands, we are keen on cooperating with CAN member-states on an economic level. Let us know.

Lilian Meridian would receive the message via the laptop in front of her. After reading the message several times, Lilian addressed the other representatives.

"It seems that Viniland wishes to enter the CAN as an observer. Viniland and its protectorate is in the Arctic and the sub-Arctic region, and they are one of the world's top economies, so they would have Disparu's support. What do you guys think?"

OOC: Confederation of Arctic Nations, me thinks.

OoC: This.

Although the current troubles of Cyneriice Northan prevented anyone from attending a summit, information on the goings-on had been sent to the Northanic government. When they heard of Viniland's proposal, they sent this back to the meeting on their most encrypted channels:

"We share a sense of kinship with Viniland, as it was their generosity that gave us Cyneriice Northan. They have our blessings on joining."

Confederation of Arctic Nations

I. Preamble

The undersigned nations- Disparu, Eggman Empire, Cyneriice Northan, and the Federal Republic of Grøenlandia (hereby known as Grøenlandia) – are sovereign independent entities who sign this pact to ensure peace, justice, well-being, and security for the mutual betterment of the respective signatories.

II. Non-Aggression

The aforementioned nations agree to a pact of non-aggression, and will not interfere or step into the soil of any other member nation that does not specifically ask for said interference. Nor will any signatory illegally spy, destabilize, or in any other way attempt to bring harm to another signatory.

III. Mutual Defense

The aforementioned nations agree to a pact of mutual defense and pledge to defend any member of this treaty that is being attacked by a foreign aggressor. If a nation is waging a defensive war, the signatories promise to provide military, intelligence, and civilian aid to ensure the survival of the threatened nation.

a. Member nations are not required to assist in any aggressive war started by another. Though their help is suggested in a just war, it is by no means required through this document.

IV. Economical Advancement

The nations in this treaty agree to support trade amongst each other, and free-trade agreements between the signatories are highly suggested. In addition, member nations agree to help support less advanced signatories through favorable contracts and deals.

V. Headquarters

The member nations agree to staff a Confederation of Arctic Nations headquarters in the city of St. Mystere. The undersigned nations agree to staff the building with diplomats at all times to ensure urgent issues can be quickly dealt with.

VI. Membership

a. Nations may apply to join this treaty. There are no requirements, however geographical position in the Arctic circle or close proximity to other member nations is suggested. Applicant nations may be accepted with a majority vote.

b. Nations may apply to join this treaty with observer status. They will abide by all articles of this treaty excluding Article III. They may have a representative present at the headquarters and may voice their opinion, however they shall have no vote in any matters. Applicant nations may become observers with a majority vote, and can be upgraded to a normal member with a majority vote.

c. If signatories feel a nation in the treaty no longer has the best interests of others in mind and does not live up to the ideals presented in the preamble, the signatories may expel the unfavorable nation with a supermajority (2/3) vote.

VII. Amendments

Any part of this treaty can be amended with a supermajority vote besides Article II.

VIII. Termination

No nation shall be forced to stay in this treaty against their will. Thus, any nation may leave this pact so long as they give a five day notice before withdrawal. The nation may apply to rejoin at any time.

IX. Signatures

This treaty was ratified on the date of October 15th, in the year of our Lord 2009. The undersigned agree to uphold this treaty to the best of their ability.

Signed for the Federal Republic of Grøenlandia,

Forseti Ty Eyvindsson

Forsætisráðherra Ísólfur Ármannsson

Utanríkisráðherra Steingrímur Vilhjálmsson

Official Approval from the Senatus

Signed for the Federation of Disparu,

LPikachurinSignature.png

Lance Pikachurin

King of Disparu

Master of Chateau Eterna

Master of Chateau Jubilife

Maylene Buizel-Pikachurin

Queen of Disparu

Chatelaine of Chateau Eterna

Chatelaine of Chateau Jubilife

Signed for Cyneriice Northan,

Her Majesty the Crowned Ruler by Birthright,

Queen Cybil of House de Blanc

Lady of Affairs,

Lady Selena of House Rosario

Lord of Diplomatic Affairs,

Lord Gerard of House Kangelrarpok

Signed for the Eggman Empire,

Blyzar Dreth;

Head Minister of External(foreign) Affairs

Phil Ryst;

Head Minister of Defense

Approved via radio by Sammyace Kintober, Emperor of Eggman Empire, and Iblis Kray; Chancellor of Eggman Senate

Steingrímur Vilhjálmsson gathered his notes and distributed the revised CAN charter before beginning,

"First, we need to have the Monbassa signature to the charter." He turned to the representative, "Do you have a copy with you?"

"Next, the admission of Damacious into CAN. After review I believe they are stable and would make a good addition. They have our approval. The need a majority vote to be admitted and the vote is currently as follows:"

Admission of Damacious: 3 votes needed

Yes: Disparu, FRG

No:

Need to vote: Eggman Empire, Monbassa, Cyneriice Northan

"Finally, concerning Viniland's request to join as an observer. Frankly they are one of the greatest nations on the planet and would be an enormous benefit to our organization. Considering they have given quite a few of our nations land from their protectorate, I think it's evident they should be evident. However, an amendment must be made for the creation of observer status. Please take a look at the bold section of the charter I have just handed to you. We need a supermajority to pass that amendment, and then a majority to accept Viniland. Here is the current tally:"

Addition of Article VI.b Amendment Vote: 4 votes needed

Yes: Disparu, FRG, Cyneriice Northan

No:

Need to vote: Eggman Empire, Monbassa

Addition of Viniland as Observer vote: 3 votes needed

Yes: Disparu, FRG, Cyneriice Northan

No:

Need to vote: Eggman Empire, Monbassa

Blyzar Dreth, representing Eggman Empire observed the three-way debate between Monbossa, Vilhjálmsson, and Meridan and waited until they'd stopped arguing for a moment. "I agree with Meridan and Vilhjálmsson. Attempting to annex any portion of Viniland will most likely result in being rebuffed and pushed out of said holdings, at the very least. More likely, the hostile country will be invaded and made into a puppet state. If this happens, I assure you Eggman Empire will withdrawal it's membership from CAN. Besides, I'm sure Viniland can be convinced to give up some land in some other way." He stated plainly. Then he heard a knock and turned to face the door.
Evan Gibbons knocks on the door leading to the meeting room. He bows a bit and says "I was told this is where I am supposed to apply for membership for the CAN." He then puts a dossier of documents on the table. "This contains most of Damacious' information I was told to bring. It's not totally complete, but I promise hat I'll do the best I can to fill the rest in. With me I have my secretary of foreign affairs, Isaac Mellor." Isaac takes a seat and says, "I better get overtime for this." Evan also takes a seat and asks, "Anything else you need us to explain?"

Monbossa's representative looked up as the man walked in, he listened before offering the man a seat at the table. "You'll have to forgive us we were in discussion of some private matters." Turning to the others. "I propose we suspend all discussion of the current topic to a later date. Now please tell us of your nation."

>>Private<<

"This is a most unusually coincidental request." he said, wondering how he had found out about the focus of these talks.

(OOC: Edit.)

>>Public<<

Monbossa votes yes for the Admission of Damacious.

Monbossa votes yes for the Addition of Article VI.b Amendment Vote.

Monbossa votes yes for the Addition of Viniland as an Observer member. We would like to add that we hope Viniland will one day apply for full membership.

(OOC: Request that we make this the CAN permanent IC discussion thread or create a thread for that purpose.)

Edited by Karnee