Friends Should Trust Each Other

Subtleknifewielder

***Classified***

TO: President Shiznay, Troina

SUBJECT: Deteriorating Relations

We recently exchanged communiques on the disturbing matter of growing anti-Promised Land sentinment in your nation. I would like to visit your nation to work out the best way of alleviating their concern and mistrust.

You will already find several substantial sums to have been donated to several charitable causes within your nation (OOC sent IG aid for those who are wondering/OOC), and we made no secret about the fact that they came from our nation.

I hope upon my visit that we can work out the details of further acts of goodwill.

~Administrator Richard Anderson

****Classified****

Dear Administrator Anderson,

You may come quickly to Troina. I'm letting you know ahead of time that this will be released to the news as it may change the people's feelings toward Promised Land. Don't worry though, you will be brought in with the greatest care.

Sincerely,

President Shiznay

***Classified***

Dear Mr. President,

I thank you for the advance warning. I would bring my own security, but I trust yours will suffice--and your people might take it the wrong way.

I am on my way now. While I understand you aren't going to keep my visit a secret, I would prefer if you kept the exact place and time of my arrival under wraps.

~Administrator Anderson

--------

While the visit itself would not be kept a secret, he did charter an anonymous flight, the identification sent directly to the President and the President only.

As he landed, he made sure he was bundled warm and tight--it was the antarctic, after all. He was not expecting any huge crowd to greet him as he stepped off the plane...

Four Marines in plain clothing took Administrator Anderson to a car and drove him to the National Palace, where he was then taken to the Oval Office, where President Shiznay was waiting for him. A table, as if readied for a dinner, lay out with Shiznay on one side, a large comfy chair on Anderson's side.

"How do you do?" Shiznay asked.

Anderson removed the cap and scarf, so Shiznay could actually see his face. "Well, I'm freezing in this weather...how do you people stand living here year-round?" He wadded up the scarf and cap, putting them in a pocket. "You and your people must have some ice in your veins..." he joked, clapping his hands together to try and bring more warmth back into them--even with the thick gloves, he'd felt a bit of the chill. Only once feeling was completely normal did he remove those gloves.

"More seriously, though...while I can see the reasons behind it, many of my own people cannot understand the animosity shown by your citizens."

"They think that your nation committed the 103 Massacre because even though it was released that you hadn't done it, the fact that you may have done it, combined with the fact that we still haven't found out who did it, people are suspicous of Promised Land.

But for now, let us eat while we talk."

Two butlers bought out two plates of chicken, green peas, yellow rice, and also two drinks of ginger ale.

"Now let's think about how we can improve Promised Land's image here."

"As I said, I know, but there will always be people who don't understand."

He unconsciously licked his lips as he looked at the food. He'd only been able to grab a quick bite before he left, and he was hungry.

But he blinked when Shznay spoke again. "Well, we've already made those donations. However, considering this is a rough environment, you could probably use all the help you can get constructing things like hospitals, clinics, and obtaining materials for these, as well as your biofarms. If I could convice some construction companies to help with that, how would that affect public opinion, do you think?"

"Most likely they'd be insulted, as we view ourselves as a tough people because, as you can see, Antarctica is a tough place to live. They might like it more if you would send military personnel to do train with our military personnel."

"OK, so building stuff is a no-go. But--" he paused to take a bit of the food "--but what about simply supplying the materials? If they would be insulted by a gift, we could always call it a loan. As for the military exercizes...how can you be so sure they'd trust us not to attack?"

He was genuinely confused. Not with the idea of charity being an insult--he could get that. But the idea that they would allow even one soldier from Promised Land near their territory.

Shiznay received the message and text back:

What about it?

King Arthur text back:

laters. pay bloody attention to that Promised Land bloke in there with you

damn i love being a ladies man... and a mans man. gotta sort your security out man i sweet talked a bodyguard and a maid into revealing your guest is ;)

"That seems good. And I know that you may be confused with that last comment. I'm was thinking that by Promised Land soldiers coming here, my people could see that your soldiers are kind and respect Troina."

"Ah, I see." His expression grew thoughtful as he chewed another bite.

After swallowing, he nodded. "We never did get to those wargames. In any case, we should probably start off with a small group--say, Major Carter and his two squads."

Shiznay text back:

LOL! :awesome:

King Arthur text back:

hey dude keep listening at the door.

me and your guards are having a rap freestyle competition.

My chicken noises are failing epicly dude.

hurry up in there aswell im dying for a piss and i aint going outside. i like eating Troinian snow and i aint risking the whole yellow snow thing.

"That'll be fine. Also I have a question to ask. Since Troina has a MDP with you and Manilla Island has an MDOAP with you, do you think that if Promised Land were ever in trouble that Manilla would let us use their nation as a launching pad?"

OOC: Manilla and be tried to talk about this, but he never responded to the treaty I sent that he recommended we do.

"That'll be fine. Also I have a question to ask. Since Troina has a MDP with you and Manilla Island has an MDOAP with you, do you think that if Promised Land were ever in trouble that Manilla would let us use their nation as a launching pad?"

OOC: Manilla and be tried to talk about this, but he never responded to the treaty I sent that he recommended we do.

"Yes, I'm confident that in that situation, Minilla Island would not object to any effort that led to the swiftest route in expelling any invaders."

OOC: He hasn't been on for a while...he has some catching up to do.

"About the aid to the various groups in Troina, there is a good chance that it'll decrease anti-Promised Land sentiment in the nation, but I'd like to know some of the groups that you donated the money to, if you don't mind my asking. Also, how've the Troinan SF soldiers been doing in their training?"

Edited by kitex

"They're doing very well...as expected. Despite the harsh difference in the climate, they are adapting rather quickly. Except for the accents, I wouldn't have known them from my own troops."

"As for the aid...as I said, it was given to charitable organizations. I didn't specify any particular requirement, but I did look into what they gave..."

He listed several known organizations, including a couple of orphanages and foster homes--the Massacre was sure to have left some children parentless.

OOC: I don't know, really, what kind of organizations you might have, so I'm not listing anything in particular.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: Cool.

"Ah! Well, that's quite good. About your soldiers coming over, when you send them, please tell us ahead of time and when they get here, the ship they're in will be searched and a member of your DOD will be called to verify that the soldiers, are, in fact, suppose to be here at that appointed time. It's nothing against you, but it's something we're doing for all nations."

"Don't worry, we'll be sure to verify ahead of time that they're coming, It's perfectly understandable."

"General Gogol will personally be the one to take your call, and if you're still not sure, have him call me."

OOC: So, wanna skip ahead now to the materials and soldiers being sent?