The Norse Warriors

Bacharth

Those who were standing on the island of Saaremaa would see hundreds of ships on the horizon. All of them had red sails with a black raven painted on. By the afternoon, the navies of the Kingdoms and tribes of Estonia and Latvia would engage the viking raiders. Within 2 hours, the navies of the united kingdoms would be sunken, and hundreds of prisoners were taken. The ships landed in the surrounding areas of the Bay of Riga, with a seperate task force to the city of Talinn.

Berserkers rushed through the land, killing and pillaging everything in sight. Those that didn't swear their allegiance to the Aesir and the Raven banner were slaughtered, their wives and daughters raped, and their sons enslaved. Nobody was spared.

In 3 months, the land was united under the Raven's Banner, the Viking Kingdom of Estland. Millions of exiles from Norway and Denmark, kicked out for their pagan beliefs, landed in the area over the next few years.

Ravnefanen.jpg

**In Private((

King Vasily I stroked his beard as he heard of his new neighbor. "Norse Pagans, you say? I hold a healthy respect for them. !@#$%^&* they may be, but fierce as a bear they are. We'll see if their diplomacy and etiquette matches their combat strength." He tossed a bone to the ground.

King Vasily handed a rider the message. "Go now, to the Lord of Estland. Deliver this to him, and him alone."

"Yes, My Lord." The rider squeezed the horses sides and rode from the stables. Vasily watched him go.

"It seems rather annoying that it takes so long for these sorts of things to get done. Someone should invent some sort of device that allows you to talk to someone directly and within seconds. Maybe make it possible to play a nice game of chess on it. Ah, well, wishful thinking."

To the Head of Estland

His Majesty King Vasily the First, first king of the united kingdoms of Muscovy and Novgorod, known more commonly as Novgorod, hereby asks you to meet with him in Nizhny Novgorod. Please send word with this messenger ahead of time.

"My lord, a messenger!" a squire yelled from across the hall.

"Send him in!" Valgard replied, sitting on a throne of mahogany. The messenger delivered his message, and Valgard patted the messenger on the head. "Erik! Give this boy two of our finest drinking horns," Valgard yelled to the back. He then turned to address the messenger.

"Tell King Vasily that I will meet him in three days time. One of these horns is for yourself, and the other is for your King. I respect the honorable work of a messenger," Valgard said to the boy before sending him on his way. "Erik! If this boy did not ride in on a horse, give him a great steed to ride back to Novgorod with."

"My lord, a messenger!" a squire yelled from across the hall.

"Send him in!" Valgard replied, sitting on a throne of mahogany. The messenger delivered his message, and Valgard patted the messenger on the head. "Erik! Give this boy two of our finest drinking horns," Valgard yelled to the back. He then turned to address the messenger.

"Tell King Vasily that I will meet him in three days time. One of these horns is for yourself, and the other is for your King. I respect the honorable work of a messenger," Valgard said to the boy before sending him on his way. "Erik! If this boy did not ride in on a horse, give him a great steed to ride back to Novgorod with."

The messenger bowed respectfully and rode back on his way to Nizhny Novgorod. This takes too long, he thought. Someone should invent a giant metal bird that flies, making days of travel take only hours. That would be fun. Ah, well.

OOC:

"It seems rather annoying that it takes so long for these sorts of things to get done. Someone should invent some sort of device that allows you to talk to someone directly and within seconds. Maybe make it possible to play a nice game of chess on it. Ah, well, wishful thinking."

The messenger bowed respectfully and rode back on his way to Nizhny Novgorod. This takes too long, he thought. Someone should invent a giant metal bird that flies, making days of travel take only hours. That would be fun. Ah, well.

I LOL'd

Edited by Razgriz 2K9