Superpower on Bob

kitex

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with your analysis, Gairyuki, except for your first sentence. :P There's nothing stopping one of the current axes of power from rising above the others if they play their cards right.

Well, there's nothing stopping one of the current axes of power from rising above the others... except for the others.

Edited by Gairyuki

No such thing as a superpower now. More like a supertarget. Anyone that gets so well positioned that they are close to being considered a superpower, would find itself the target of "ZOMG ebil hegemonnnnyyyy" While such a reaction might have been valid in the past, i dont see anyone meriting the hegemony badge just as yet. So no, no supertarget as of now.

Frostbite is the power of all powers. We're plotting to kill you all.

Thanks for the CB B)

NpO, MK, FOK, Gramlins and Umbrella all come to mind as alliances that are very well connected. However, that doesn't make them a superpower. I'd say that no alliance has a distinct enough power advantage to make them a superpower, though I guess the closest that come to it on their own merits are TOP and NpO. TOP because we have the best high tier in the game, and NpO because they have a killer mid tier.

Forgot Fark.

Edited by Penkala

I am the sole power behind all world politics. I secretly pull the strings that set off wars. I have agents in the NPO, Sparta, TOP, TOOL, and most importantly . . . the Knights of Ni. They do my bidding and soon Mycenae will be revealed as the most powerful nation on Planet Bob. Wait and see if it doesn't, my friends. Wait and see.

Edited by Achilleus

The four blocs are a simple answer. Frostbite, Complaints and Grievances, SuperFriends, and Citadel. Out of those four, Citadel seems the most menacing because of its control over a huge amount of upper tier nations. So if you had to pick one, Citadel would have to be it. It would really take some banding together of the other major forces to actually take on Citadel's collection of strong nations. That would be my reasoning for choosing them as a superpower.

The four blocs are a simple answer. Frostbite, Complaints and Grievances, SuperFriends, and Citadel. Out of those four, Citadel seems the most menacing because of its control over a huge amount of upper tier nations. So if you had to pick one, Citadel would have to be it. It would really take some banding together of the other major forces to actually take on Citadel's collection of strong nations. That would be my reasoning for choosing them as a superpower.

Citadel is strong on paper, but C&G and SF seem to be the most unified blocs, and therefore hold the most political clout. Maroon is probably the only sphere which can really claim any sort of unity, and with SF's structure, they can control the bloc. But they have little OWF presence, which probably means they don't project their power. C&G has VERY vocal members, and a clear direction when it comes to world affairs. Even if they are one of the weaker blocs on paper, I would say their activity and close relationship means they are the only bloc which could claim to be a political super power. But then again, they don't exactly control Planet Bob, rather only their corner of it.

tl;dr - blocs actually don't have much power...

What is the point of power, the moment you attempt to use it you will be cut down by the other 3.

There is a nice level of co-operation and tension right now, exciting times are not that far away. BTW, exciting times is not necessarily war but the real tensions that come before it. The period immediately before GW2 and up to GW3 is still the most exciting to me. Even or unknown sides squaring off makes for good politics.

after seeing what happened to NPO and their lackeys....i dont think any alliance wants to become a super power....at least in the near future...

Only time will tell....maybe by the end of 2010, one alliance will start dominating and become a super power...

What is the point of power, the moment you attempt to use it you will be cut down by the other 3.

There is a nice level of co-operation and tension right now, exciting times are not that far away. BTW, exciting times is not necessarily war but the real tensions that come before it. The period immediately before GW2 and up to GW3 is still the most exciting to me. Even or unknown sides squaring off makes for good politics.

I always thought that period was horribly boring as the Initiative could crush whoever wanted to oppose it as a result of far superior coordination and generally greater military acumen. The lead up the UJW had much more tension and uncertainty involved.

Citadel is strong on paper, but C&G and SF seem to be the most unified blocs, and therefore hold the most political clout. Maroon is probably the only sphere which can really claim any sort of unity, and with SF's structure, they can control the bloc. But they have little OWF presence, which probably means they don't project their power. C&G has VERY vocal members, and a clear direction when it comes to world affairs. Even if they are one of the weaker blocs on paper, I would say their activity and close relationship means they are the only bloc which could claim to be a political super power. But then again, they don't exactly control Planet Bob, rather only their corner of it.

Citadel is far more unified than SF, probably not as unified as CnG though... none of which are as unified as Frostbite which is an extension of Polar at this point.

For now there is no real Superpower out there. However 2 or 3 i guess, are in the position to become one over the next 6 to 9 month.

First, the easy guess, Polar, they have shown that they learned a lot in the last year, they become intensivly active, they grow like there is no tomorow, they are my first guess for Superpower.

Second, IRON, lots of nations, growed very fast lately, but it depends if they want to be an SP.

Third would be Pacifica, as soon as the terms are over, they have ~ 650(?) nations which wanted to grow, if they can handle it like polar did, within the last year, they have an good chance to get there status back within an year.

An unknown for me, on this field, are MHA and Sparta.

Citadel is far more unified than SF, probably not as unified as CnG though... none of which are as unified as Frostbite which is an extension of Polar at this point.

Frostbite is indeed VERY powerful and unified, but it is more down to the fact that there are so few members. C&G, SF and Citadel have far more and so, considering the size, I would say are more unified. The SF/Citadel is moot point I guess, with SF's structure (someone from SF please correct me if I am barking up the wrong tree here btw :P), if 4/7 of the alliances vote for war, then the entire bloc is pulled in. Because 4 of the 7 alliances are very close together- I would argue that the bloc is therefore quite unified. Citadel on the other had allows it's members to join together in offensive wars on an individual basis. On this basis I would argue that SF, as a political bloc, is more unified than Citadel.

For now there is no real Superpower out there. However 2 or 3 i guess, are in the position to become one over the next 6 to 9 month.

First, the easy guess, Polar, they have shown that they learned a lot in the last year, they become intensivly active, they grow like there is no tomorow, they are my first guess for Superpower.

Second, IRON, lots of nations, growed very fast lately, but it depends if they want to be an SP.

Third would be Pacifica, as soon as the terms are over, they have ~ 650(?) nations which wanted to grow, if they can handle it like polar did, within the last year, they have an good chance to get there status back within an year.

An unknown for me, on this field, are MHA and Sparta.

I agree with you that pacifica are likely to become a superpower again. Just by logging on to #nsa you can see how much influence they still hold. I think enough has been said about polaris :P They are a great alliance. IRON have sure grown, and their recent war shows how strong they are militarily. But politically, i'm not so sure they have what it takes to be a superpower. MHA seems too meek to be a superpower. Sparta should be a big power, but treaty cancellations and a poor performance in Karma is all I have really seen from them.