Superpower on Bob

kitex

I just wanted to know what alliance you guys think, if any, is the new superpower on Bob.

Also this would help as I don't keep on top of Bob politics (busy w/ Fantasy RP).

Here is my definition of a superpower: an alliance that has global economic, political and military influence. If you still don't understand, then just think who would be the United States in CN.

Edited by kitex

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NpO, MK, FOK, Gramlins and Umbrella all come to mind as alliances that are very well connected. However, that doesn't make them a superpower. I'd say that no alliance has a distinct enough power advantage to make them a superpower, though I guess the closest that come to it on their own merits are TOP and NpO. TOP because we have the best high tier in the game, and NpO because they have a killer mid tier.

Edited by Kaiser

Meh- your pick of the blocs I suppose. Maybe NpO, MK or TOP (as they all have a circle of friends who seem to look up to them). I don't really see any 'superpowers' though, the treaty web is so muddled and intertwined that identifying a single 'superpower' is difficult.

People are forgetting about Superfriends. They have their own nod in this.

It's funny, I was thinking about this. Although in both strength and nation count terms SuperFriends is #1, we seem to have a much smaller OWF presence than other blocs, both at a member and leadership level. While everyone else has their big names posting all the time (Grub, Archon, Tyga, Ivan, Revanche, Londo, Janova, Tromp, etc.), the only SF leader that really posts much is Delta.

I'm not really going anywhere with this, just an observation. :P

Edited by Lord Brendan

I define super power as having a strong set of allies, have a powerful military, and having the capacity to war in both the top and mid tier. NpO and TOP are lead Great Powers, neither in my mind has the capacity to be truly considered a super power. I think Polar is the only alliance in the coming months with the potential to become a super power, but they aren't there yet. I do not consider TOP as being a super power because they are only really able to project power in the top tier.

I think that previous true super powers were NPO, IRON, GOONs, and FAN, maybe NpO. One could say that GATO and Legion one time occupied the status, but they always were not nearly as organized as Great War II and III proved.

Depending on how you define a superpower:

either:

A: there aren't any, because no single alliance clearly dominates the political sphere. TOP should be commended for their stats, but they certainly don't appear to throw it around to enforce their own ideas.

or

B: If we move away from alliances as superpowers, and more towards powerblocs, then take your pick of Frostbite, Superfriends, C&G, and possibly Citadel. Although their current status of power is not comparable to that of NPO at its own height of power, they each wield considerable amount of power should you consider them entities in their own right. That could be faulty, however, as powerblocs are more prone to instability than individual alliances.

Edited by Ferrous

After NpO, I don't see any AA is strong enough to be superpower these days.

I saw how they(NpO) "ruled" Planet Bob. That's why I'm not a fan of NpO, although I fought on their side.

I think you mean the NPO. NpO never "ruled" the hegemony. Infact, Polaris was crushed by them.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

After NpO, I don't see any AA is strong enough to be superpower these days.

I saw how they(NpO) "ruled" Planet Bob. That's why I'm not a fan of NpO, although I fought on their side.

NPO and NpO are two entirely different alliances. You're thinking of NPO, not NpO. The first is Pacific, the second is Polar.

The age of superpowers has passed CN. Where once, one could consider NPO for its entire existence, or Legion before GWIII, or FAN before VietFAN, or GOONS before UJW, or NpO after UJW, or IRON before the Karma War, there is no clearly defined superpower. The top is not as concentrated as it once was, and we have TOP, MHA, NpO, Sparta, and IRON all within ~10 points of each other. I consider them now to be "Great Powers" rather than superpowers.

The same goes for the blocs. Superfriends is the strongest of the bunch, but they don't exactly stand head and shoulders above the rest; rather, they're all relatively close. SF, C&G, FB, Citadel, CDT, ect, none of which dominate the other like WUT did, or the Continuum.

The title really only depends on how much more power one alliance can have in relation to the others. If the top 5 alliances were all 20 points stronger than the next one, they would be considered superpowers, however they're still relatively close to the rest of the sanction race alliances, and so I consider them to be great powers.