So, uh, Athens...

Penkala

Okay. If the principle goal of an alliance is community, then i would like to know whether or not KofN's community has been destroyed by this raid. I would put some good hard cash on them not only staying together as a group, but walking away from this with a more active and aware member base.

There is historical proof that your logic is flawed.

There was a massive exodus from GPA a few weeks preceding and a few weeks after the woodstock massacre.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having half-skimmed through this thread, what has surprised me most is the answer to my initial question when these raids first began: "What did these guys deserve to get this?"

It is surprising to see that the answer is absolutely nothing at all, but for selfish gain. Not that I disagree with that kind of action, just look at my Raid CB.

It'll just be real interesting to how this turns out, with all these opposing opinions.

i think the crux is the fact that you know as well as anyone that they wont retaliate, because of the epic beatdown theyd face. so you guys seem to be using that position to leverage 'we can do whatever we want to these guys, because there is no way we dont come out on top militarily' against them. i like you guys very much, but you guys are being bullies here, and i have to agree with some points being made that im pretty sure we all just fought together to fight the biggest bully of them all, we dont need to resort to tactics like theirs.

this simply can't be true because Athens/FoB and CnG fought against the ebil Hegemony who used this very excuse to do ebil things. but then again what Athens/FoB is doing is not nearly as bad as what teh ebil NPO and Hegemony did in the past, thus one should not even truly consider what they are doing is bad. they are simply exercising their sovereign rights as an alliance to take the practice of tech-raiding to a whole new level- regardless of the fact that Athens called the QvGPA war "a massive tech raid" and declared that NPO/Heg were ebil to do such a horrible horrible thing.

seriously, i am a tech raider and this crap just disgusts me.

Do you fear it that much?

Not really, but it is always good to be prepared, afterall according to Athens they will be justified in doing so(we probably wont have treaties immidiately after we come out of terms)

i already raided enough tech from you guys

tbh I dont really mind fok and VE as they obviously are serious with our protection from raiders, Athens however is another matter. but lets not derail this thread any further.

Ironically, we were discussing this in #reddawn a couple hours before this thread started last night (KoN is majority Red). If Athens and FoB wanted a big raid circlejerk all they had to do was dig up 37 unaligned nations, it's not hard. What we are left to know, then, is that Athens and FoB wanted to play for bigger stakes, so they picked an alliance. All raiding is distasteful, attacking a large, well-established (they're over a year old) alliance because you can is simply abhorrent. The choice of the alliance is cowardly as well; Cult of Justitia only has 8 members, come on, "mass-raid" us.

The faux surprise that anyone cares/noticied is also just retarded. If RoK couldn't get away with a no-declaration war on Ubercon 2 years ago, you know everyone was going to notice this now.

Edited by Schattenmann

Having half-skimmed through this thread, what has surprised me most is the answer to my initial question when these raids first began: "What did these guys deserve to get this?"

It is surprising to see that the answer is absolutely nothing at all, but for selfish gain. Not that I disagree with that kind of action, just look at my Raid CB.

It'll just be real interesting to how this turns out, with all these opposing opinions.

They didn't. However, its is the sovereign right of an alliance to declare war tech raid a poor defenselesswhoever they want, and you are silly to call them out for being bullies who deserve to have their faces pummeled.

:rolleyes:

Ironically, we were discussing this in #reddawn a couple hours before this thread started last night (KoN is majority Red). If Athens and FoB wanted a big raid circlejerk all they had to do was dig up 37 unaligned nations, it's not hard. What we are left to know, then, is that Athens and FoB wanted to play for bigger stakes, so they picked an alliance. All raiding is distasteful, attacking a large, well-established (they're over a year old) alliance because you can is simply abhorrent. The choice of the alliance is cowardly as well; Cult of Justitia only has 8 members, come on, "mass-raid" us.

They can't raid you... You have treaties, and that's scary :o

They didn't. However, its is the sovereign right of an alliance to declare war tech raid a poor defenselesswhoever they want, and you are silly to call them out for being bullies who deserve to have their faces pummeled.

:rolleyes:

Did you know? The alliance being attacked can also fight back. Also all these "moralists" in this thread can fight too!

Who knew?

I don't see how my concerns are any concern of you. See? We can both play this game. Knock it off and don't tell me what I'm allowed to be concerned about.

This was uncalled for. You are in no way needed to be concerned about Athen's activity, yeah you can have an opinion, but theres no need to be "LOOK ATHENS JUST TECH RAIDED A 40 MAN ALLIANCE!" unless you already have a problem with them in which case this would just be immature.

I passed these guys up for raids multiple times because of the membership size, however I can't seem to find any record of protection so I guess they are a legit topic.

Jeez I didn't see the page count, I'm late to the party...

Edited by Fort Pitt

It has been brought up that the key purpose of any alliance is to provide protection. If KofN is unable to do so, then are they really even an alliance?

So every alliance that loses a war is not an alliance?

No need to answer this, my other queries were ignored too, but I'll repost them for a laugh.

Alliances are raided everyday,

How often are alliances mass raided, like in this instance?

If the Knights Of NI demand reps for all these raids, will they be met?

This was uncalled for. You are in no way needed to be concerned about Athen's activity, yeah you can have an opinion, but theres no need to be "LOOK ATHENS JUST TECH RAIDED A 40 MAN ALLIANCE!" unless you already have a problem with them in which case this would just be immature.

I passed these guys up for raids multiple times because of the membership size, however I can't seem to find any record of protection so I guess they are a legit topic.

I see 40 plus pages of Drama that say this was called for :D

So every alliance that loses a war is not an alliance?

No need to answer this, my other queries were ignored too, but I'll repost them for a laugh.

If they never again provide their members with the most basic element of what makes an alliance an alliance. That would be protection.

If an alliance loses a war and garners peace, they did their job. If they lose a war, and disband they didn't.

The act of losing a war shows that they failed as an alliance.

Not liking Athens doesn't make them wrong.

No, but grandstanding by certain people is.

Explain this one to me please, I could use a laugh.

Simple, NPO and their dog-washers have no credibility when they try to complain about the might makes right nature of tech raiding when they used might makes right to justify everything they did, including EZI to (OOC) drive players permanently from the game (/OOC), indefinite viceroys, and the like.