Declaration of Asylum

Banned

flag.png

Preamble: It has been the belief of the Sovereign League of Armed Powers since our founding, that the act of attacking unaligned nations for the purpose of looting their goods is a barbaric ritual, and an unfair practice. This practice, often referred to as "tech raiding" is something that our alliance has never tolerated of it's member nations. Today, our member nations band together to pledge an attempt to end this practice. It is with great pleasure that we present the results of our banding together to announce and issue this decree, hereby referred to as the Articles of Asylum Accords:

The Articles of Asylum:

Article I: Sovereign League of Armed Powers affirms its position that member nations will not conduct technology raids. Any and all attacks conducted my member nations must be done by order of the Kings of Sovereign League of Armed Powers.

Article II: Sovereign League of Armed Powers will not sign any future treaties with alliances that permit the implemented practice of unprovoked attack for looting purposes.

Article III: Sovereign League of Armed Powers pledges to not conduct business with nations or alliances that condone the act of technology raiding. This includes trade agreements, technology deals, and donation deals. Economic sanctions are placed on all nations and all alliances that condone this practice effective immediately.

Article IV: Unaligned nations that have come under attack from any other nation on the cyberverse for reasons of looting may request safe political asylum. Sovereign League of Armed Powers promises to offer safety and protection to nations that ask for it. An Alliance Affiliation will be established for nations requesting such political protection and will fly under the AA: SLAP Asylum. Nations under this protection may apply for citizenship to Sovereign League of Armed Powers at any time, but are not required to do so. No nation under this protection may declare offensive wars against any nation at any time. Failure to comply with this regulation will result in forced ejection from the SLAP Asylum AA.

Article V: Nations that wish to request political asylum must contact a member of the governing body of Sovereign League of Armed Powers to establish such request. Contact can be made via in game message, on our irc channel on the coldfront irc network in #slap, or through messages on our forums at http://cn-slap.com.

Article VI: Nations in political asylum fall under the protection of Sovereign League of Armed Powers immediately. Attempts will be made to contact the aggressor in the conflict, however attacks that are reported after our attempt to make contact has been established, will be viewed as an act of aggression against Sovereign League of Armed Powers.

Article VII: Sovereign League of Armed Powers pledges to investigate the cause of any wars which we are asked to protect nations as a result of. If the governing body of Sovereign League of Armed Powers feels that evidence indicates the cause of the war was indeed a tech raid, asylum application will be accepted, and Sovereign League of Armed Powers will take action as outlined in this document.

Article VIII: This document is not to be used as a means of achieving safety and protection for nations that have justified wars against them, or to get off of a ZI list that nation was put on for unjust actions against a sanctioned alliance, nor is it designed to be a tool to infringe upon the inherent right of nations or alliances to act in a role of self defense, or in the role of defense of another.

Article IX: Cancellation of this document requires a 90% majority vote from the body of general membership of Sovereign League of Armed Powers that will be conducted via cn-slap.com forum. Such cancellation must first be proposed in government chambers and receive a 100% majority support vote before voting may be brought to the hearing floor for discussion. In the event of cancellation, the public will be notified, and all nations that have been granted asylum prior to the cancellation of this article will continue to remain under the protection of Sovereign League of Armed Powers until such time that nation joins another alliance, leaves the SLAP Asylum AA, is deleted by black hole in the center of the cyberverse, or violates any above article stated in this document. Protection may not be canceled for previously approved nations for any other reason.

Signed on Behalf of the Sovereign League of Armed Powers:

The Kings:

Banned of Lacadaemon

AzAce of Arizona Republic

Office of the Prime Minister:

IronMan17 of Ironville

The Ministry:

Spoonman of Jtown - Minister of Internal Affairs

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish my own alliance would do this. :P

No one from TOOL ever tech-raids anyway even though it is allowed under extremely restricted circumstances.

Anyway, good on you, SLAP, for making a statement and then some. :awesome:

Edited by Uralica

Good job on letting everyone know internal process which could be kept entirely to yourself. I really don't care about whether or not you raid and what your stance is. It's not going to change my opinion on your alliance or raiding.

Edited by Unavailable Contact

Good job on letting everyone know internal process which could be kept entirely to yourself. I really don't care about whether or not you raid and what your stance is. It's not going to change my opinion on your alliance or raiding.

What?

Its a Policy dealing with external issues, it cannot be kept to themselves as therefor no one would know about it

did you read the whole OP?

Deciding not to sign a treaty is somebody else's business?

Just goes to show you didn't read it all

It also say that they will give asylum to nations that do not want to be in a alliance but want some kind of safety from tech raiders.

This is not even intelligent trolling

Just goes to show you didn't read it all

It also say that they will give asylum to nations that do not want to be in a alliance but want some kind of safety from tech raiders.

That part is useless as I doubt most unaligned nations even realize what's right in front of them.

That part is useless as I doubt most unaligned nations even realize what's right in front of them.

Then its there prerogative to inform them as they are trying to do.

Also by announcing this to the world, it informs us. So if the situation comes up within our alliance. It will be easy to solve as I already know how to deal with it.

I for one like this announcement even though it does not effect me directly, it at least keeps me informed.

Banned: I like the way you guys seem to go about things, and this is coming from a member of a alliance that tech raids. Stick to your guns

Then its there prerogative to inform them as they are trying to do.

No, they'd have to mass pm every unaffiliated nation to get this to work.

Also by announcing this to the world, it informs us. So if the situation comes up within our alliance. It will be easy to solve as I already know how to deal with it.

I for one like this announcement even though it does not effect me directly, it at least keeps me informed.

They can't enforce anything but the political blackout, so yeah, good luck with that.

Stick to your shields, SLAP. You'll need them if you plan on testing raiding alliances.

Article VI: Nations in political asylum fall under the protection of Sovereign League of Armed Powers immediately. Attempts will be made to contact the aggressor in the conflict, however attacks that are reported after our attempt to make contact has been established, will be viewed as an act of aggression against Sovereign League of Armed Powers.

oooooooh i truly can't wait for this to become an issue. i wonder what SLAP's allies think of this particular article considering that SLAP can never use it for defensive purposes and have it be actually accepted by any alliance. have fun with declaring aggressive wars on alliances SLAP.

Preamble: It has been the belief of the Sovereign League of Armed Powers since our founding, that the act of attacking unaligned nations for the purpose of looting their goods is a barbaric ritual, and an unfair practice. This practice, often referred to as "tech raiding" is something that our alliance has never tolerated of it's member nations. Today, our member nations band together to pledge an attempt to end this practice. It is with great pleasure that we present the results of our banding together to announce and issue this decree, hereby referred to as the Articles of Asylum Accords:

Surely this is a very noble cause your embracing.

Until about here:

Article III: Sovereign League of Armed Powers pledges to not conduct business with nations or alliances that condone the act of technology raiding. This includes trade agreements, technology deals, and donation deals. Economic sanctions are placed on all nations and all alliances that condone this practice effective immediately.

Does this mean that if SLAP had a team senator on whatever obscure color you reside on that my members who also reside on that team would have to worry about being sanctioned for being an in alliance that allows tech raiding? Or am I taking this particular piece of your policy out of context and you will only refrain from tech deals, donation deals, etc as stated previously?

Article IV: Unaligned nations that have come under attack from any other nation on the cyberverse for reasons of looting may request safe political asylum. Sovereign League of Armed Powers promises to offer safety and protection to nations that ask for it. An Alliance Affiliation will be established for nations requesting such political protection and will fly under the AA: SLAP Asylum. Nations under this protection may apply for citizenship to Sovereign League of Armed Powers at any time, but are not required to do so. No nation under this protection may declare offensive wars against any nation at any time. Failure to comply with this regulation will result in forced ejection from the SLAP Asylum AA.

Another noble idea.

However this isn't; You can not force anyone to stop their tech raid just because their target fled to a faux affiliation. Now if they were already on this alliance affiliation when they were raided, then that's different since they would already be under your protection. But this document seems to hint that you're protecting all of NONE from Tech Raids which leaves me with these questions;

Is this your version of CNARF?

If so, will you actually do anything to enforce this policy against tech raiders?

What will you do when you realize you can't keep your end of the bargain to NONE?

I understand the intent, but the protocol in which you've outlined for your plan leaves too much open to interpretation and seems to me that SLAP could use this as a reason for war on another alliance or it could give them ample reason to nail you, either way its the same deal. You may want to go back through this with a fine toothed comb because I know there's a lot of alliances out there who wouldn't like you using this as an excuse to sanction their members or attack them for tech raiding.

Edited by Emperor Marx

flag.png

The Articles of Asylum:

Article I: Sovereign League of Armed Powers affirms its position that member nations will not conduct technology raids. Any and all attacks conducted my member nations must be done by order of the Kings of Sovereign League of Armed Powers.

Article II: Sovereign League of Armed Powers will not sign any future treaties with alliances that permit the implemented practice of unprovoked attack for looting purposes.

Article V: Nations that wish to request political asylum must contact a member of the governing body of Sovereign League of Armed Powers to establish such request. Contact can be made via in game message, on our irc channel on the coldfront irc network in #slap, or through messages on our forums at http://cn-slap.com.

Article VII: Sovereign League of Armed Powers pledges to investigate the cause of any wars which we are asked to protect nations as a result of. If the governing body of Sovereign League of Armed Powers feels that evidence indicates the cause of the war was indeed a tech raid, asylum application will be accepted, and Sovereign League of Armed Powers will take action as outlined in this document.

Article VIII: This document is not to be used as a means of achieving safety and protection for nations that have justified wars against them, or to get off of a ZI list that nation was put on for unjust actions against a sanctioned alliance, nor is it designed to be a tool to infringe upon the inherent right of nations or alliances to act in a role of self defense, or in the role of defense of another.

Article IX: Cancellation of this document requires a 90% majority vote from the body of general membership of Sovereign League of Armed Powers that will be conducted via cn-slap.com forum. Such cancellation must first be proposed in government chambers and receive a 100% majority support vote before voting may be brought to the hearing floor for discussion. In the event of cancellation, the public will be notified, and all nations that have been granted asylum prior to the cancellation of this article will continue to remain under the protection of Sovereign League of Armed Powers until such time that nation joins another alliance, leaves the SLAP Asylum AA, is deleted by black hole in the center of the cyberverse, or violates any above article stated in this document. Protection may not be canceled for previously approved nations for any other reason.

Signed on Behalf of the Sovereign League of Armed Powers:

The Kings:

Banned of Lacadaemon

AzAce of Arizona Republic

Office of the Prime Minister:

IronMan17 of Ironville

The Ministry:

Spoonman of Jtown - Minister of Internal Affairs

Sorry to say this but its true you dont have the juice to back this up. Your opening the door for someone to test this and as soon as you cant back it up it becomes useless. I think its a hell of a way to try and recruit but while the wording is good you just dont have the backing to make it work unless you are willing to put your allies at risk and then I have a feeling you will be sitting in the sandbox all by yourself.

Great effort IMO but doomed for failure.

*edit* Your cutting your members profit and ability to grow by not having a free market as well.

Edited by Buds The Man

@Marx: We mean we will not do those actions with them, not that we are going to sanction there trades and aids.

Also we keep it open like that for each person and case that appears to us. We keep it that way so we can make the best choice for each person.

@Marx and Buds: We do intend to uphold this to our max ability, and we are looking for others help us. So instead of saying this will not work, but we like it, why not help us MAKE it work.

Edit: @Buds: Trust me, our market is blooming just internally.

Edited by IronMan17

@Marx: We mean we will not do those actions with them, not that we are going to sanction there trades and aids.

Also we keep it open like that for each person and case that appears to us. We keep it that way so we can make the best choice for each person.

@Marx and Buds: We do intend to uphold this to our max ability, and we are looking for others help us. So instead of saying this will not work, but we like it, why not help us MAKE it work.

Edit: @Buds: Trust me, our market is blooming just internally.

Because I enjoy tech raiding.

Also just because I said your ideas were noble doesn't mean I like them.

Edited by Emperor Marx