Statics from the Beginning.

Raider

So I was cleaning up some obscure files on my computer and I found these while doing so.

During the Citrus War or shortly after I believe:

alliancestatistics2.png

Magicninja alone almost has more NS than the GATO of early '06 :awesome:

Late April? Pre-Polar War II for sure:

alliancestatistics1.png

NPO had some awesome growth in that period.

During the second Polar War:

alliancestatistics3.png

Quite a fall for the NAAC, although it was far easier to catch up during the early times.

Shortly before GWI I believe:

pregwi.png

It should be noted that the NPO stats are both NPO's and NpO's. Alliance's used their acronyms for their AA and the game doesn't distinguish capitalisation.

During GWI, before Legions entry. Prehaps the first two or three days of the war.

midgwi.png

GATO appears to have taken some very heavy hits. LUE no longer appears due to Admin revoking LUE's sanction over the Yari suicide. NAAC lost theirs to NpO. Legion has profited handsomely stat-wise from the war thus far. GGA has lost little while ODN managed to gain in NS and nuke count despite losing some members. NPO is still standing strong but has lost a great deal of average NS, relatively speaking.

That is all I am afraid. Do you have any tidbits from CN history?

So GATO old timer (everybody's old in GATO) Lux et Veritas decided to share some statics he saved from way back. Like beginning of the game through Great War One back. I figured it would be nice to share them with the rest of CN. Let the 3 years plus veterans have some nostalgia and recount old memories and let everybody like me who wasn't there see how far the alliances of Planet Bob have come.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It kind of dents the "epic" picture people keep portraying for GW1 & GW2. I guess like any good story you just had to be there, great post.

The Twenty Rules Regarding Any RPG rule #5 is in play: the game was always better when you started playing, specifically when you first realized you had a grasp of the basic rules.

Good times, people have far less attachment towards their nations when they know all it takes to rebuild is a couple weeks.

That's...certainly not how things went down, actually. People were as pissed or even moreso about losing stats back then over a war than what you see nowadays. The Karma war was pretty damn tame OWF-wise compared to PWII and GWI, and that's not just nostalgia speaking.

Edited by Chron

That's...certainly not how things went down, actually. People were as pissed or even moreso about losing stats back then over a war than what you see nowadays. The Karma war was pretty damn tame OWF-wise compared to PWII and GWI, and that's not just nostalgia speaking.

The strictness of moderation has risen immensely. Also, there was more RPing sentiment back then which often results in more cursing and name calling than you would in today's world where no one RPs.

The strictness of moderation has risen immensely. Also, there was more RPing sentiment back then which often results in more cursing and name calling than you would in today's world where no one RPs.

No, I meant that the forum was flooded with dozens of different topics per day, truly spontaneous, epic propaganda, god-level trolling of the highest nature, really good stuff. Stuff that has not been since, nor shall it be.

No, I meant that the forum was flooded with dozens of different topics per day, truly spontaneous, epic propaganda, god-level trolling of the highest nature, really good stuff. Stuff that has not been since, nor shall it be.

Drama is dead.

It died with a whimper in some forgotten corner quite some time ago and nobody noticed its passing.

Sad to say but the world is nowhere near as exciting as it once was.

It should be noted that the NPO stats are both NPO's and NpO's. Alliance's used their acronyms for their AA and the game doesn't distinguish capitalisation.

This is why almost everyone spells out their alliance name now. Admin and the game staff used to require alliances to do so if they were going to be sanctioned.

This is why almost everyone spells out their alliance name now. Admin and the game staff used to require alliances to do so if they were going to be sanctioned.

technically, i think that is still a requirement, but the shift towards typing out the full name of the alliance as opposed to the acronyms sorta made the rule obsolete. I can only think of one alliance off the top of my head that still uses an acronym, OMFG.

Alliances used to have to have their nations move to the extended AA, possibly losing some members in transit. When MHA made sanction, Admin changed it automatically. I believe this is the policy now.

NATO uses an acronym as well.