Team Black Message

Fisher X

i reckon black team should have a vote on whether or not they should be sanctioned, after all this is our colour not just senators. w/o black team members there would be no senators.

We do vote on it; it's called Senate elections. You're entitled to vote for whomever you want. Obviously, the nations of Black have chosen two RE nations and a LE nation to represent them. Democracy wins. If you have a problem with it, campaign for different Senators.

i aint gonna suffer trade losses because of some rogue senator that thinks this is best for black nations.

Unfortunately, EddyH, it seems that this senator's actions are completely condoned by his alliance. It is a travesty, I agree, however the fact is that your senator is being used as a tool of aggression by LE.

i aint gonna suffer trade losses because of some rogue senator that thinks this is best for black nations.

I don't think he believes it's best for black; I think he's using his position to hurt an enemy of his alliance. And why not? He was legitimately elected to his position.

Unfortunately, EddyH, it seems that this senator's actions are completely condoned by his alliance. It is a travesty, I agree, however the fact is that your senator is being used as a tool of aggression by LE.

War allows for the use of any and all tools. Just because OP has voluntarily taken one out of their arsenal doesn't mean the rest of us have to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Edited by Tiberius12

I don't think he believes it's best for black; I think he's using his position to hurt an enemy of his alliance. And why not? He was legitimately elected to his position.

War allows for the use of any and all tools. Just because OP has voluntarily taken one out of their arsenal doesn't mean the rest of us have to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Senators are elected not to further the goals of any one alliance. Senators are elected to protect the sphere as a whole, and do what is best for its economic stability. It's quite obvious that LE feels its goals are greater than the needs of the sphere and will not discriminate in its attempt to aggressively destroy OP.

I feel sad for the Black Sphere, and only hope that the senators can see what is truly best for their economic stability.

Senators are elected not to further the goals of any one alliance. Senators are elected to protect the sphere as a whole, and do what is best for its economic stability. It's quite obvious that LE feels its goals are greater than the needs of the sphere and will not discriminate in its attempt to aggressively destroy OP.

I feel sad for the Black Sphere, and only hope that the senators can see what is truly best for their economic stability.

And who said that Senators have any responsibility towards the sphere? Your argument is completely untrue, and you know it. Senators are put into place by alliances or blocs to further their own goals. Admin has never claimed that Senators have any responsibility to aid the sphere as a whole.

This is TE. Anything available is a weapon. Admin put Senators here just as he put tanks here. Both are equally acceptable in a fight.

And I'm pretty sure if anyone wanted to destroy an alliance, it was Jim and his desire to "exterminate" LE for things that happened in past rounds.

Edited by Tiberius12

i lost my first nation due to this stuff and i dont wanna have to start again.

i dont really bother much with the sanctions it's part of war, but as i said i dont wanna have to start another new nation.

And who said that Senators have any responsibility towards the sphere? Your argument is completely untrue, and you know it. Senators are put into place by alliances or blocs to further their own goals. Admin has never claimed that Senators have any responsibility to aid the sphere as a whole.

So must a Senator be in an alliance in order to run? May only aligned nations vote for a senator?

This is TE. Anything available is a weapon. Admin put Senators here just as he put tanks here. Both are equally acceptable in a fight.

And I'm pretty sure if anyone wanted to destroy an alliance, it was Jim and his desire to "exterminate" LE for things that happened in past rounds.

Nobody said they have a responsibility towards there sphere. Just as nobody has ever said it's annoying to post with a smiley at the end of each sentence. It's simply accepted as common knowledge. You are correct that senators are put into place to further a particular alliances goals. However, in most cases those goals include the prosperity of there sphere; and by extension alliance. Sanctioning members of a sphere for simply having trade associations to a particular alliance isn't the least bit wise in regards to the long-term success and growth of said sphere/alliance. However, based on that taking place on Black; it would appear as if the long-term success of that sphere is the least of concerns to the Black Senate.

Lastly, whilst this is TE; this does not mean logic is absent from this realm. Anything can be used as a weapon yes, but not anything is ever equally accepted nor respectable as a weapon. Sanctioning is not, nor will it ever be an accepted means of combat. But alas, it's the current black-team senates choice to make in regards to the affairs of there home. But I can say this, taking a dump in your sphere to gain a little advantage in a conflict is rather disappointing to witness in TE; a new low for the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Reminder to Team Black nations, check your trades with OP and find alternatives. Sanctions have been ordered against OP Nations as a strong suggestion to join Blue, or at least leave Team Black.

LE remains at war with OP and will use all means available in the game to wage war. Sanctions are one of those tools.

Salute!

Fish

I did consider the impact, which is why I posted here to drop your trades with OP nations about a week before the second round of sanctions. I'll say it again:

If you are Team Black and trading with an OP nation, change your trade now to prevent losing it.

Fish

This is the stuff that makes TE fail now... Why is it still going on? Fish I thought better of you. -_-

Trade in CN are already fail. The game creators should allow you to select resources like you do religions or government types. Now that, would create some awesome trade circles and strategy.

Until then, we'll keep using as a tool of war.

Fish

nice job of passing the buck onto admin... however, I support you as they (OP members) were directed to join the blue team, in the first place, and failed to follow through.

Carry on!

Good, so you should be thanking us. :)

Maybe with one less topic to contribute meaningless babble to, we can all concentrate on the war... Less than 3 weeks left. Bawwwww. :P

You forget- Once you go black, you can never go back :ph34r:

SWAT owns OPs black team members. They have 24 hours to surrender :P

JK, unofficial lols and all that.

For real though, waiting on an LE guy to re-finish my trade circle, so play freindly please ;)

SWAT is more than welcome to join the blue sphere next round and enjoy a hassle free, sanction free zone. It's like paradise without the virgins.