A matter of some concern

Subtleknifewielder

OOC: Closed to me, Ezequiel, and whatever allies choose to get involved. All participants must have some sort of treaty tie to at least one main participant.

IC: ***Classified***

The prisoner was dumped into a secure cell. The guard that had found him explained to the MP

"I caught this man in the Admiral's office, going through deployment files."

It was noted, and an investigation would show that this man appeared to come from Taiwan.

====

***Classified***

Two full battlegroups set out from Perth. They set a leisurly pace, yet at their current speed, they would still reach their destination in less than two weeks.

====

***Classified Message to Taiwan***

Please send a representative immediately to our capital New Jerusalem, or set up a time for a secure video conference. There is an urgent matter that must be discussed with you.

As Nebu had his daily tea and sat down to watch some Rugby, his Secretary came in.

'Emperor Nebu, we have received an encrypted from The Promised Land. They would like to have a meeting with you.' She said. 'Hmm... Promised Land you say? Set up a secure video conference with them as soon as possible.' Nebu stated. 'Yes sir' said the secretary.

OOC: Where is Perth at, is it not your south coast? I mainly only know the north.

***In an unknown location***

"And you're sure they can't connect this to us?"

"No. We have already proved our loyalty during the chaos. No one will suspect us."

\\\Establishing connection\\\

\\\Securing channel\\\

\\\Encrypt/decrypt Protocols established\\\

\\\Connection Established\\\

On Nebu's side of the video, when the static was eliminated, the face of Administrator Anderson could be seen--and he was clearly not happy.

OOC: This is Perth. It's about a quarter of the way up Australia's west coast.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"Something happened a few days ago in Darwin that I think you need to be aware of. At about midnight, someone tried to break into some classified files in the Admiral's office. We don't know why, we don't know what they found out, but after a little digging, it seems this individual originated from your nation. Can you explain this?"

OOC: No problem.

Nebu stood puzzled... 'It is very possible that the individual originated from Taiwan due to the open border policy we have. But I assure you we have done no espionage against your nation of Promised Land. Your nation has been nothing but kind to me and my people, we would have no reason to conduct such an action.' Nebu stated.

Anderson leaned back in his seat and sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose to stave off a headache. "I believe you. But I already have some more radical elements of my government calling for more decisive action in this matter. It doesn't help that you have Melville and Bathurst islands sitting practically on our doorstep. Some are pointing to them and stating that the only reason you could possibly want them is to keep an eye on Darwin."

OOC: Sorry Subtle, I had a lot of things to handle before I could get to this.

'We keep the islands for the sake of the few Taiwanese Villagers on them, they are also quite a nice place to be in the summer time. We have no wishes to conduct espionage upon the Promised Land, I am uncertain as to why you think we would. Taiwan is a friendly nation, if we wanted information on The Promised Land, we would go right to the government running it. Not the backwards way of espionage.' Nebu stated, now taking a drink of water. 'As of this moment, there is no military bases on the islands, only small villages. So there would be no way of conducting espionage against The Promised Land.'

Edited by Ezequiel

OOC: Sorry Subtle, I had a lot of things to handle before I could get to this.

'We keep the islands for the sake of the few Taiwanese Villagers on them, they are also quite a nice place to be in the summer time. We have no wishes to conduct espionage upon the Promised Land, I am uncertain as to why you think we would. Taiwan is a friendly nation, if we wanted information on The Promised Land, we would go right to the government running it. Not the backwards way of espionage.' Nebu stated, now taking a drink of water. 'As of this moment, there is no military bases on the islands, only small villages. So there would be no way of conducting espionage against The Promised Land.'

OOC: no problem.

IC: "That's not going to satisfy the hawks, I'm afraid. Would it be possible to purchase the islands? I can guarantee we wouldn't make any changes, or force anyone to move. But it would solve a lot of problems if the islands simply changed hands, at least on the map."

***Elsewhere, somewhere along the Peninsular border***

A group of about 40 soldiers wear gearing up as if for a battle. Since the official border was in the middle of a tropical rainforest, this was not going to be easy for them.

The lowly sergeant was conversing with the lieutenant. "Are you sure this is necessary?"

The Lieutenant nodded. "That bleeding-heart Administrator is going to do nothing. He needs to be prodded..."

Nebu took in to consideration the thoughts going on in Anderson's head and started to speak. 'We will give you the islands only if you agree to a Non-Aggression Pact with the Empire. That is my proposal.'

The relief was visible on Anderson's face. "A Non-Aggression Pact I can do. Do you want to draw up the document, or do you want me to? Whatever the case, it needs to be done quickly, and it needs to explicitly state in it that we would now possess the islands, before any hotheads decide to take matters into their own hands."

'We would prefer you to please, we will confirm in the announcement afterwords.'

"Very well. You should have a proposed draft on your desk tomorrow. Thank you for taking the time to talk."

***Classified***

The troops along the border received yet another order...this time to hold for the time being.

"Well, **** me, we might get those islands without a fight." The Lieutenant excalaimed on reading the full message.