Historical Announcement from the Novakian Government

Voodoo Nova

On the balcony outside his office, his usual podium and microphones were waiting for him.

Today is an important day for Novak. The Consultative Assembly ratified a bill yesterday, that will make the national religion of this nation Islam. Today, I sign this historic bill in to law.

*President James 'Voodoo' Nova signs the bill live on television.

This will not push us towards a similar theocratic government we once rebelled and fought against. This will not remove freedom of religion nor will it remove one's right to practice their religion however they see fit under Novakian law. However, this bill will make Islam's two most holiest cities, Makkah and Madinah closed to all non-Muslims. All religious practitioners may travel any where else within Novak freely.

The President made one final statement to solidify this new law:

"Allāhu Akbar"

*President Nova walked off the balcony and back in to his office.

This will not push us towards a similar theocratic government we once rebelled and fought against. This will not remove freedom of religion nor will it remove one's right to practice their religion however they see fit under Novakian law. However, this bill will make Islam's two most holiest cities, Makkah and Madinah closed to all non-Muslims. All religious practitioners may travel any where else within Novak freely.

"How does it not infringe on the freedom of religion for those already living in Makkah and Madinah?"

"How does it not infringe on the freedom of religion for those already living in Makkah and Madinah?"

"Novak has a native 100% followers of Islam, therefore it generally disallows foreign visitors from visiting either city."

OOC: Saudi Arabia claims to have 25-28 million people that follow Islam (Using that as my religion demgraphics), and both cities in the real world are closed off to non-Muslims (Inspiration for that part of the announcement).

Also, there are no more Raochinian's in Novak, they are all Novakian now, so please stop RPing my citizens.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

"Novak has a native 100% followers of Islam, therefore it generally disallows foreign visitors from visiting either city."

OOC: Saudi Arabia claims to have 25-28 million people that follow Islam (Using that as my religion demgraphics), and both cities in the real world are closed off to non-Muslims (Inspiration for that part of the announcement).

Also, there are no more Raochinian's in Novak, they are all Novakian now, so please stop RPing my citizens.

"100% followers? We find that hard to believe but we hear of no unrest and no dissent within the population regarding this measure. The will of the people be served."

OOC: yeah and they also imprison and whip women for talking to men outside of their family. :v:

OOC: I'm having my fun Voodoo. Its not like I'm having a protest in the middle of your streets breaking your laws and causing a huge mess of things. :P

OOC: Ironic much?

Anyways, carrying on:

The 4 chemical weapons struck residential centers of Makkah, just outside the city. The resulting deaths numbered in the thousands for Novakian civilians, and are expected to rise due to the chemical warhead. The fifth struck the Al-Masjid al-Ḥarām, during an Islamic prayer when the Mosque would be at it's peak capacity. The resulting civilian deaths was numbered in the hundred thousand, with the Kaaba being destroyed and damage to the 7th century structure's east wall.

IC:

"How will the destruction of the Kaaba and surrounding damage to the Al-Masjid al-Ḥarām incurred during the relatively short-lived Arabian War impact this bill?"

-Anonymous NOD (Network of Disclosure) Reporter