"Botha" mode and "Justininan"mode

Tahsir

Remove the modes?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

CNRP is the community RPing together. Sometimes planned, sometimes not. If you choose not to do this, why are you RPing with CNRP? I would rather see it removed. Random attacks happen IRL and in CN. Why is CNRP gaining people who only do nicely planned ones?

Poll's over. No won

Yes: 14

No: 18

Edited by Tahsir Re

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, Botha also recognizes RP actions, should they happen planned or unplanned (as far as I know) and RP's by his stats. Someone not recognizing attacks on their nation just because they don't like it, isn't right.

It's very right actually, very right. It's so far right it's borderline fascism.

I don't HAVE to recognize anyone's RP, and no matter the result of this post, I'm sticking with my plan to only recognize planned wars from people who aren't on my ignore list. I didn't come here for the lulz, I came here to RP politics. If people want to act like children, then they can do it away from me.

Almost every RP i've done is preplanned to some extent, and I've had no problems staying active. Just because some people want to throw nukes around willy-nilly doesn't mean they have the right to mess up my good time with nonsensical !@#$%^&*.

Edited by BaronUberstein

I voted no, but I think Botha himself should be an exception.

Edit: Wait, is it "Yes, it sohuld be removed" or "Yes, we should RP this way?"

FAIL POLL IS FAIL.

Edit 2: My vote is yes, remove. Still think Botha should be an exception, since he doesn't abuse the system.

Edited by Drakedeath

Of course, voted no.

I don't think wars are a necessary part of this RP, as it is technically a political simulator, not a war simulator. There are things I think people should and shouldn't be forced to RP (They should RP basic realism, things like economic problems for their decisions, revolts after taking new land, fallout, etc.), and honestly, almost everyone here kind of sucks at RPing war with any semblance of realism, and the people who opt out of it deserve to do so. I personally, am not a fan of taking that action OOC, but IC neutrality (Join me and the Neutral menace.) I would rather see a CNRP where we can at least be civil with each other, and have the respect to talk out our problems, whether they be OOC grievances or establishing what you'll be up against in a war to clear away some OOC problems. Of course, the way most people react to treating other RPers with civility, saying please (Or just getting rid of the insults and indigence) must be like getting limbs removed the 1800s way to everyone here.

I also have found something funny about the people voting "yes." I won't say it here, but it made me chuckle.

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

Oh btw I voted yes, cause I'm a retard and didn’t understand the question.

Obviously NO I don’t think they should be removed. I’m having more fun playing with my commies vs. right wing traditionalists, rping the occupation of Yacrania, and the coldish war with Vauleo-Buryatia, than I did when I was decided to fight wars with other players.

It would be very helpful if the OP clarified what the two choices are really for? Yes to what and No to what? We have here a poll and a vague OP with no clear cut questions as to what the poll is really about. Tahsir, I suggest you ask a mod to lock this thread and start a new one with better details.

CNRP is the community RPing together. Sometimes planned, sometimes not. If you choose not to do this, why are you RPing with CNRP? I would rather see it removed. Random attacks happen IRL and in CN. Why is CNRP gaining people who only do nicely planned ones?

Of course, in CN, we have a little thing called Nation strength... you know, so people like Lavo can't decide to suddenly roll someone like me on a whim...

That was what I was thinking too... how can you conduct a poll without a question?

I don't see what's so hard.

"Botha" mode and "Justininan"mode

Remove the modes?

Vote yes or no

Therefore, voting yes means "Yes, I want Botha and Justininan modes gone."

Voting no means "No, I do not want Botha and Justininan modes gone."

Why I RP the way I do is because RP comes from the IG, not the other way around.

RP (for me at least) is not the end all and be all, but it seems that way for some people - namely those who are not content with the state of their nation in game or cannot RP within the restrictions and confines of their IG nation.

I use RP to flesh out all those IG pixels and make some sense of it all. That is all.

And that is the essense of the so-called Botha-mode. It has very little to do with avoiding RP situations - however RP does require the agreement of the parties involved. Unilateral unplanned RP is not RP.

Edited by Botha

I meant to vote no, so my vote is reversed. Attacks happen IRL yes, but randomly? No, they don't. There is always a legitimate reason and this past nuke fest, while "lol" or not, was senseless to a degree. I can recognize fun, and it was funny at some points but the fact that the Vatican was nuked by a player whom I had no knowledge of their existence? No, I do not feel anyone should be subject to this.

Edited by Gnost Dural

I meant to vote no, so my vote is reversed. Attacks happen IRL yes, but randomly? No, they don't. There is always a legitimate reason and this past nuke fest, while "lol" or not, was senseless to a degree. I can recognize fun, and it was funny at some points but the fact that the Vatican was nuked by a player whom I had no knowledge of their existence? No, I do not feel anyone should be subject to this.

If a person can actually give an honest, lefitimate reason for any action (including wars)...I don't see anything wrong with allowing them, planned or not.

But you are right that much of this was reasonless and pointless.

Which is why I null my vote.

If a person can actually give an honest, lefitimate reason for any action (including wars)...I don't see anything wrong with allowing them, planned or not.

But you are right that much of this was reasonless and pointless.

Which is why I null my vote.

Most of the time that sounds like a good idea, but it generally leads to a pissing match where nobody really wins. This is because an agreement cannot be reached as to who the victor will be before the RP starts. That's why nukes fly, and retcons happen.

this past nuke fest, while "lol" or not, was senseless to a degree.

There's where I have problems with unlimited unilaterial unchecked RP... the frequency of all these massive, continental wars and nuclear exchanges, even when many of you are compressing time, simply becomes ludicrious and absurd very quickly with no restraint.

There's where I have problems with unlimited unilaterial unchecked RP... the frequency of all these massive, continental wars and nuclear exchanges, even when many of you are compressing time, simply becomes ludicrious and absurd very quickly with no restraint.

Which is why, despite opposition, more and more rule propositions keep turning up on various issues.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

more and more rule propositions keep turning up on various issues.

And there is the next escalation why I have problems with RP outside of IG-mode: way too many rules devised to create too many exceptions from (unliked) IG-stats and ability means too many rules to keep track of.

The only hard and fast rules there are is what we have to go with IG for our nations.

Keep it simple...