Radiation Cleanup

andyt2k

I want to check a few things about this bonus resource

1) If you have Radiation Cleanup and you are nuked, then nuclear anarchy is cut by 1 day. Does anything change if you have it when nuked but then lose it. Say you lose a trade 8 hours or a day after getting nuked

2) What if you don't have it when nuked but get it during your nuclear anarchy, so get nuked and 8 hours or a day later, get the trades for Radiation Cleanup

3) If no to either 1 or 2, I'm assuming you still get the other benefits

Please and Thank You

My guess (and it is just that) would be that when you are nuked, it would write into the DB somewhere the date at which your nation will go back to normal.

So, if you got nuked, my guess is it would write in the date, and then if you traded for Rad cleanup, that wouldn't update this date.

Similarly, once the date was written in upon being nuked, losing access to Rad cleanup wouldn't update this date either.

I disagree with the assumptions made, though mine are assumptions as well. Everything involving resources is based on when you have them. That particular moment. It's hard seeing that this particular situation changes that and gives a benefit that occurs days after you lose it. I think the way the nuclear anarchy is written is as a formula where you have (date nuked)+(standard nuclear anarchy - days added to date nuked)-(modifiers - days subtracted from date nuked)=(end of anarchy). I think it logs the date, but it logs the date you were nuked and not the date that nuclear anarchy expires. So it works off the date adding 5 to it for standard anarchy and adjusting for modifiers. So in your number 1, if you lost the trade and didn't regain it by day 4 when nuclear anarchy with Radiation Cleanup would normally expire, it doesn't expire. The reverse would be true with your number 2, if you gained Radiation Cleanup after entering nuclear anarchy as long as you have on day 4 when nuclear anarchy with Radiation Cleanup would normally expire, it would expire.

Hmm, yeah you could well be right, after all why would it write in the db a date where your nation would return to normal, when it already has written in the date you got nuked...

Alright I think I'm wrong now... lol

I don't know about your logic. I try my best not to use the stuff, it'll ruin your life. But, I've asked this not on the forums and the answer was a decidedly confident #2. I haven't done it myself, but I'm fairly sure gaining Radiation Cleanup after being in nuke anarchy will get you out a day early if you have it on that day early.