A Plea to the International Community

Nagato the Great

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC:

EDIT: I found the range, 2500km. I'm currently building 2 more sites that have a 5000km range.

I have to say, I find the 2500km number hard to believe, because the distance from the DUGA-3 site IRL to the continental United States is way over that, and I know that site was used to watch for US missile launches.

ooc: You sure you're not thinking of the satellite observation networks.. such as sputnik?

**Private Narrative**

ic:

Somewhere in Dragonisia, Dragonov remarks to Tony Smith, "See my friend? This is why the world still needs the Empire.. look at the chaos it devolves into without the presence of a strong hand."

Tony remarks, "Let them fight.. we have greater domestic concerns to worry about... Besides.. this situation might be useful."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

ooc: You sure you're not thinking of the satellite observation networks.. such as sputnik?

OOC: Sputnik did nothing but make beeping noises and manage to not fall, and it only did that for so long.

I'm just thinking that the USSR would have put their OTH radar in a different place than Ukraine if it's range was 2500km and they were watching the US's missile silo's.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1958321

OOC: Several nukings have been retconned, some bilaterally and some unilaterally. All of my nukings can be retconned as soon as you PM me.

please retcon it. Thank you

Freakwars's nuking has also been retconned.

Edited by comrade nikonov

TO: VSSR-391, VSSR-392, VSSR-393, VSSR-394, VSSR-395

TARGETS:

MOSCOW, SLAVORUSSIA (NOT RECOGNIZED)

VATICAN CITY, VATICAN (RETCONNED/ NOT RECOGNIZED)

NANTE, BAILIWICK OF CONTI (RETCONNED)

CAPITAL CITY, MANDALORE

CAPITAL CITY/ENTIRE NATIONSTATE, MICHURAZA EMPIRE (RETCONNED)

FIRING: IMMEDIATE

STRENGTH: 500kt for all except Michuraza, 350kt for Michuraza (to minimize damage to surrounding nations)

FIRE CODE: SLAVA SSSR!

Conti, The 13th November 2009

Archives Ident. 2009/011

drapeaux6.png

As the world knows by now, Nantes fell prey to an act of sheer destructive madness. Obliterated by a nuclear explosion. How the VSSR managed to launch the devastating nuclear strike despite having its entire population wiped out remains unclear.

At the stroke of 12:00 today, sirens went on across Conti and a two-minute silent was held in memory of the martyr city. Nantes was not in Brittany it thus did not belong to Conti, yet everybody is mindful of the ripple effect the murderous attack is having on the Bailiwick. And its grief sincere.

Predictably the Brittany Company’s stock price immediately plunged; loosing over 65% of its value only a few minutes into the day’s trading. Before long, trading of the company’s shares had to be suspended and is not expected to resume before next week. Meanwhile the Great Council has approved emergency legislation drafted by the Controller-General of Finances that will see the state take a 15% share in the company and holding key voting rights, instantly becoming the biggest individual shareholder. Authorities had no credible alternative if they want to prevent the total collapse of the company they entrusted with the administration of Brittany upon the acquisition of the province in June.

Restoring investor confidence in the viability of the company will be an uphill struggle as it appears clear Brittany itself was the real target of the attack. However the Council of Ten and the Councillor of State for War have already dismissed rumours of retaliation as baseless, the offender having already been plunged into oblivion and utter irrelevance.

OOC: I repeat: Nantes is not in Brittany and thus doesn't even belong to Conti - See map below and the World Map.For the record Conti's capital is... Conti on RL Jersey (Channel Islands).

Bottom line: Conti has not suffered any casualty in this attack.

mapv.png

Edited by Council of Ten