Ring, Ring!

TheStig

In Wembley King Mercury picked up his telephone and dialed the number of Lubeck leader Vega. The phone rang, and he picked up.

"Hello?"

"Good evening, sorry to bother you Mister Vega, this is King Mercury of Catahata here. I was wondering if you would be interested in meeting up to discuss diplomatic relations. Do you happen to have a suitable location in mind...?"

*The following day...*

Freddie stepped out of his limo and shook hands with the leader.

"Good morning Mister Vega! The weather certainly is nice today, and may I say what a gorgeous nation Lübeck really is. 'Tis a pleasure to finally meet you. Where is it we shall be going then?"

The two leaders arrived at the castle and got comfortable.

"I could talk for hours about how beautiful this country and this castle alone is, but I'd prefer we cut straight to the more imminent matters at hand." Mercury shuffled forward in his seat, positioning himself in a more sincere manner. "You're probably not too curious as to why I wished to meet you, since my reasoning should be rather obvious to you. To clarify however, I would very much wish to depart Lübeck having built the foundations for a very promising relationship between our nations." he said, removing a slim document from his briefcase, glancing over it.

"The threat that nations such as Dalmatia and Deutschland pose to the peace on this continent are far too great. I have already established a fantastic bond with the King of the now Holy Roman Empire based on this issue, and as such I feel this should prove a good starting point for our relations. What are your thoughts regarding such matters?"

"Well, as a whole, I don't recognise the nations of Deutschland and Greater Dalmatia due to well documented reasoning, and as can be understandable, they are pretty much a threat to both of us, and to the stability of our continent. I would be absolutely ecstatic to lay the foundations of a unbreakable bond of friendship between our two respective nations."

"I have to say mister Vega, I have been here for mere hours and I have already taken a brilliant shine to you and your nation. I don't think it would be unreasonable, (considering the bonds and similar ideals we share) for me to propose an Optional Defence Pact between our nations as we build our friendship. Should you accept, I would look forward to meeting you again at a later date in which we could consider advancing from there."