Nuclear Rules

Gnost Dural

I would like to propose a new way of governing the way Nukes are being used. Right now, dozens of them are flying at multiple countries, or being prepared to be launched at multiple countries. I would think that though RL is not CNRP, some basic rules still apply. That being global radiation and nuclear winters and fallout. With so many nukes, there ought to be consequences from GM's on the number of nukes as well as having consequences for neighboring nations.

You can't just say: Oh well, I don't like your tone so I'm nuking you.

I would like to propose a new way of governing the way Nukes are being used. Right now, dozens of them are flying at multiple countries, or being prepared to be launched at multiple countries. I would think that though RL is not CNRP, some basic rules still apply. That being global radiation and nuclear winters and fallout. With so many nukes, there ought to be consequences from GM's on the number of nukes as well as having consequences for neighboring nations.

You can't just say: Oh well, I don't like your tone so I'm nuking you.

If the aggressor wants to play with nukes, fine, they get to eat nukes or other WMDs from their enemy or their enemy's allies.

I'm fine with this.

ALSO

suggesting that your IC-land radius is used for the SDI and the Missile defenses, so you can shoot nukes and whatnot down even when they're barely flying past your nation or something.

ALSO suggesting that technology heightens the chance of the SDI shooting down stuff, like 5% for 1k and 2k tech and then 3% for every other thousand tech, starting from 60% and maximising at 91%?

This has been brought up already. Certain things are nulled in the sake of RP. It all depends on who wants to RP what, and most people don't want to, or can't effectively RP nuclear fallout. It's boring, for one thing, and it also eliminates quite a large portion of your nation.

Another note, CNRP is not the real world. There is always a degree of, if you will, 'lulz', present in it. Take it as that.

I'm fine with this.

ALSO

suggesting that your IC-land radius is used for the SDI and the Missile defenses, so you can shoot nukes and whatnot down even when they're barely flying past your nation or something.

ALSO suggesting that technology heightens the chance of the SDI shooting down stuff, like 5% for 1k and 2k tech and then 3% for every other thousand tech, starting from 60% and maximising at 91%?

No.

An IG SDI only shoots down nukes hitting your nation and only at a 60% success rate therefore it only covers your nation in the RP and remains at 60%.

ALSO

That first is already in effect, really.

I like the second. :)

I don't remember this being applied in the last few cases of flying nukes.

It was scrapped a long time ago when people with an SDI were blocking nukes on the other side of the planet. It only applies to your geographic area now, though I believe that if it comes very close to your border you're allowed to use your SDI. Slim window though.

I don't remember this being applied in the last few cases of flying nukes.
It was scrapped a long time ago when people with an SDI were blocking nukes on the other side of the planet. It only applies to your geographic area now, though I believe that if it comes very close to your border you're allowed to use your SDI. Slim window though.

Lynneth, what Sargun describes is what I thought you were advocating.

And you are correct in this instance, Sargun.

This has been brought up already. Certain things are nulled in the sake of RP. It all depends on who wants to RP what, and most people don't want to, or can't effectively RP nuclear fallout. It's boring, for one thing, and it also eliminates quite a large portion of your nation.

Another note, CNRP is not the real world. There is always a degree of, if you will, 'lulz', present in it. Take it as that.

Fair enough. I just like to be forewarned :P

I totally agree to at least some restrictions...so a janitor can't 'accidentally' launch a nuclear payload at a random nation.

*cough*Novak*cough*

You cannot restrict how other people run their nuclear programs. For all your !@#$%*ing and moaning about godmoding, you seem very keen on restricting what others can do in their own country. Pot calling the kettle black much?

You cannot restrict how other people run their nuclear programs. For all your !@#$%*ing and moaning about godmoding, you seem very keen on restricting what others can do in their own country. Pot calling the kettle black much?

Or you guys can cut the !@#$ and get off his back. Either or.

Edited by SpacingOutMan

I totally agree to at least some restrictions...so a janitor can't 'accidentally' launch a nuclear payload at a random nation.

*cough*Novak*cough*

Look, for nucelar weapons, there are all kinds of security issues...codes to arm the weapons, codes to get TO the areaas to apply the codes, codes to get into the area where you can press the button...need I go on? And a bloody Janitor bypasses all of this?

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

You mean he's acting like the real pope? :lol1:

Look, for nucelar weapons, there are all kinds of security issues...codes to arm the weapons, codes to get TO the areaas to apply the codes, codes to get into the area where you can press the button...need I go on? And bloody Janoitor bypasses all of this?

Did you know that some of the CNRP nations have the world's worst security system for their nuclear silo? There could have been no codes and simply a button to launch the nuke, and a lock to secure the silo.

And heck, if someone wanted to RP a nuclear silo's launch button located in one of the mental hospitals' rooms, let them be.

Edited by HHAYD