The Ironwood Clan

Ferrous

ironwoodbanner.png

So I was hoping to wait before announcing this, and to be fair, there are still plenty of things that are being set up at the moment. However, with the current status of my own little war with the Federal Domestic Agency, it seems like it would be better to declare sooner rather than later.

Currently, the forum site is http://ironwoodclan.18.forumer.com, and the channel is #ironwood on coldfront.

Also, for those of you asking, yes, this is a one person alliance. For the time being, at least. And yes, we do have a protectorate agreement in the works. Otherwise, enjoy all of the other "official" bits that come with a DOE.

Flag:

ironwoodflag.png

Ironwood Culturalisms:

• Official confectionery: Cupcakes. With maple frosting.
  • Official Mascot: Owls. No, not those dumb "ORLY" owls, but the much cooler Great Horned owls. Like this mofo here:
    owl.jpg
    We call him "Charlie."
  • Official Motto: Give a hoot, don't pollute!
  • Themes: Seasons, trees, fractals
  • Color sphere: Maroon

Charter of the Ironwood Clan

Last updated: 11/7/2009

1. Membership:

1. Membership shall not be restricted on the basis of gender, race, age or any other similar factor. Past history in the Cyberverse, however, may be taken into account.
    2. All members who belong to the Ironwood Clan cannot be a part of any other alliance, and swear allegiance only to the Clan.
    3. The Leadership may use whatever means necessary to determine who can and who cannot be accepted into the Ironwood Clan.

[*]Leadership:

1. All leadership decisions are made by the Head Chieftain of the Ironwood Clan. He or she may delegate any and all decisions as he or she pleases. Decisions include admittance to the alliance, declarations of war, and treaty negotiations.

[*]Amendments:

1. All amendments to the Ironwood Clan charter require a unanimous vote in favor of any changes.

Ratified by:

Ferrous

Foreign Affairs Policies:

The "we'll play your game if you'll play ours" doctrine:

The Ironwood Clan hereby recognizes any single party political party in the Cyberverse as a legitimate political body. Any single nation that wishes to explicitly proclaim their sovereignty as a single body of political stature will be granted and treated as a political entity, despite their relative size. We do not believe that political entities should be judged on the basis of how many members they have, and that the arbitrary standard of "if you do not have 5 members, then you're not an alliance" to be necessary. We therefore revoke that standard, and henceforward recognize all political bodies, regardless of their size. Any attacks on political entities with fewer than 5 members shall be viewed as acts of war, and not as merely "raiding."

That said, any nation that does not declare their political status explicitly and wishes to remain without an alliance affiliation indefinitely will be viewed as deliberately avoiding the political realm, and all such attacks on such nations will be viewed as raiding.

Diplomats and Embassies

Given the small size of the Ironwood Clan, we do not feel it appropriate to create large volumes of embassies, unless they are for alliances that are especially close to the Clan. Additionally, we currently discourage sending over new diplomats unless there are already clear ties with the leadership, or if there is a pressing need to contact the leadership of the clan. We are not ready to establish foreign relations quite yet, and when we're ready, we'll let you know.

Edited by Ferrous

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

owl_orly.png

A one man alliance with no protector who is already under attack.

I see this going places.

Rabble Rabble Rabble.

I got attacked and then I sought out the protectorate agreement. There is something in the works as we speak, and I'm hoping for an announcement some time tomorrow.

Rabble Rabble Rabble.

I got attacked and then I sought out the protectorate agreement. There is something in the works as we speak, and I'm hoping for an announcement some time tomorrow.

Well to your benefit, I have never heard of FDA, so it shouldn't be too hard to get them to back off. If they don't, I suggest destroying them.

Well to your benefit, I have never heard of FDA, so it shouldn't be too hard to get them to back off. If they don't, I suggest destroying them.

Unfortunately, they are a protectorate of NATO. GOD has been most gracious in intervening on my behalf.

O hai thur Ferrous. ;)

Also, good luck with your alliance, and Eurasian Eagle-Owls own all.

Uhu-muc.jpg

All owls are equal in my book. Even the messed up ones. And even this silly fellow:

tootsie_pop.jpg

Edited by Ferrous

Congratulations, Ferrous, I see great things in your future.

Let me know how the raiders situation works out, if you need tech or $$ just let me know. If they were in range I'd already be making smoking craters out of their buildings.

o/ Ironwood Clan

I find it slightly ironic that you're the one in position to aid me and not vice versa... oh well, the wonders of founding a new nation.

I find it slightly ironic that we're both still holding tightly to this insane merry-go-round spun by the hands of lunatics and haven't just gone ahead and taken over the world by now.

It takes time, my sorta young padawan.

The Ironwood Clan hereby recognizes any single party political party in the Cyberverse as a legitimate political body. Any single nation that wishes to explicitly proclaim their sovereignty as a single body of political stature will be granted and treated as a political entity, despite their relative size. We do not believe that political entities should be judged on the basis of how many members they have, and that the arbitrary standard of "if you do not have 5 members, then you're not an alliance" to be, well, arbitrary. We therefore revoke that standard, and henceforward recognize all political bodies, regardless of their size. Any attacks on political entities with fewer than 5 members shall be viewed as acts of war, and not as merely "raiding."

If every alliance on Planet Bob shared this idea, Bob would be a better place. It would also, more likely, have a larger nation population.

Good luck. :)

Edited by Darth Andrew