Future of the Red Team

Gecko

Top 3 Red Team Alliances  

474 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, we only left because for the betterment of the bloc as a whole. In RD it was, UED, SWF, Lith vs NPO, CoJ, TDP, and CG with TMF being the neutral swing vote. I saw this split in RD and decided that it was best for us not to be involved in something that because of this deep split would eventually fail.

Am I not merciful?

Eh. Lith and TMF were well and truly pro-NPO inclusion by the last attempt at complete unity, which you promptly denied. And as far as I know SWF were interested in a dialogue too.

Since CG is well and truly gone and I'm about as far from Red, politically, as one can be, I think I can say these things freely: Red Dawn had the capacity to be a truly unified bloc. Despite what I thought/think of NPO, they were more than willing to come to the bargaining table and work with us. The NPO were humble in their dealings and respectful to Red's new inhabitants. The position of big-buffoon-wanting-to-throw-around-more-political-weight-than-they-had was filled snugly by UED.

And I'll get off my chest now what has sat there since #reddawn opened; if alliances founded by Voxians, and another by an ex-NAAC, can see the benefits of an NPO-inclusive economic pact for the stability if the red team, everyone should. UED made no coherent, logical argument against including the largest alliance on the Red Team in a Red Economic Treaty. Instead, UED spent its time trying to taint the Red Team, in its new infancy, with politics and rivalry, and to assert itself as some sort of powerhouse. You were left out in the cold because of this.

Yeah, so I guess the burden is on everyone else on Red to prove that NPO is a threat. It's not like NPO would have been attacking them a few months ago just for being on Red, and only are not now because they were held at gunpoint. Oh wait...

Also, thanks for totally getting our name right, OP!

Yeah, so I guess the burden is on everyone else on Red to prove that NPO is a threat. It's not like NPO would have been attacking them a few months ago just for being on Red, and only are not now because they were held at gunpoint. Oh wait...

Also, thanks for totally getting our name right, OP!

I fail to see the connection between us being a threat, and you refusing to cooperate on a Red economic and senate treaty. But if the tone of this post of yours is any indication of the general attitude of SWF, then I guess the rapidity with which you withdrew to your corner and sulked when we were invited to Red Dawn should come as no surprise. I would think non-involvement would be counter-productive for SWF, but hey, whatever floatsen das boatsen.

I fail to see the connection between us being a threat, and you refusing to cooperate on a Red economic and senate treaty. But if the tone of this post of yours is any indication of the general attitude of SWF, then I guess the rapidity with which you withdrew to your corner and sulked when we were invited to Red Dawn should come as no surprise. I would think non-involvement would be counter-productive for SWF, but hey, whatever floatsen das boatsen.

Couldn't agree with you more.

It would seem that the 2 alliances that did not participate in RD have grown the most in the time that RD has been alive. Strange how things turn out, eh?

You must admit, that has more to do with SWF and UED's recruitment policies than anything involved with Red Dawn.

Please elaborate. I'd love to hear this.

Anyway, for those of you saying that UED is not a political powerhouse, why is it that they hold so much influence?

UED and SWF are less selective than CoJ and TDP. Glad I could be of service.

*Ray Matveyev facepalms again

So UED and SWF's not wanting to be in Red Dawn somehow means that we're butthurt anti-Pacificans? We have our separate reasons for not joining, as would any alliance who doesn't want to join a bloc or a treaty. I'm not butthurt, I'm not anti-Pacifican, and neither is SWF. Both of these alliances have seen growth, and I believe they have a quality government. I've worked with UED before, they're good people and seem to have everything in order. SWF is doing very well and we have developed considerably since electing our first government in September. I don't know where these accusations of poor leadership is necessarily coming from, other than finding nothing else to sling at each other.

Another amazing thread. I wasn't aware some of you knew what rhetoric was. I'm glad to see people have learned something since I last spoke to them. This thread had nothing to do with Red Dawn and it's interesting how quickly it turned into it.

It's unfortunate those of you that finally learned rhetoric have yet to learn success isn't a cut and dry definition. Each alliance has its own definitions and methods of obtaining that said success. Also, The Destiny Project definitely gets my vote.

I look forward to Darwinism.

Well, I found this thread interesting.

Personally, there are a few alliances I haven't had much contact with most of the alliances.

My personal picks were:

1) NPO (The red team will obviously have them in their future)

2) Nevermore (I'm a bit biased on this one, but I feel we have the experience needed and the tenacity required to stick around)

3) CoJ. (They may not be the largest, and they may not grow the fastest, but they have a good presence on the OWF)

Also, I'd like to thank all the people who voted for us, and gave us support here and in other venues. I really do appreciate all the kind words!

*Ray Matveyev facepalms again

So UED and SWF's not wanting to be in Red Dawn somehow means that we're butthurt anti-Pacificans? We have our separate reasons for not joining, as would any alliance who doesn't want to join a bloc or a treaty. I'm not butthurt, I'm not anti-Pacifican, and neither is SWF. Both of these alliances have seen growth, and I believe they have a quality government. I've worked with UED before, they're good people and seem to have everything in order. SWF is doing very well and we have developed considerably since electing our first government in September. I don't know where these accusations of poor leadership is necessarily coming from, other than finding nothing else to sling at each other.

I agree.

I'm not very familiar with the whole Red Dawn issue but we have had really strong relations with SWF since our formation as an alliance, One thing they are not is anti-pacifica. I personally havent had much of any contact with the UED so i can't speak of them. The SWF has a very strong leadership, they are good guys over there and these comments about their leadership being poor is absurd.

Edited by Velken

It would seem that the 2 alliances that did not participate in RD have grown the most in the time that RD has been alive. Strange how things turn out, eh?

The day NPO gets out of terms will create such a large growth in NS for Red Dawn that it will probably outweigh a a few years worth of growth either of you may get.