Future of the Red Team

Gecko

Top 3 Red Team Alliances  

474 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NPO's a gimme. And I think CoJ has a lot going for it at the moment too because they have a few veterans in the mix. ( :awesome: Sargun :awesome: )

Like Moo said, third place is a bit of a tossup. I voted Nevermore because they have very strong allied backing. But some of these other alliances have a shot as well. If what Moo says is the real deal, UED might struggle a little, but I wouldn't wish it on them.

Edited by Uralica

They do not have internal conflict, they have competent and well-known leaders- Schattenmann has balls of steel and determination to match it- and they have set objectives and a red senator. The reason they have such few members is that Schattenmann was inactive at first and didn't get into proper recruitment and so forth until later.

Last I checked, that Senator is due to Red Dawn Senate Sharing.

I'm not saying they aren't a contender for top three, I'm saying that having a Senator thanks to NPO doesn't automatically make them one.

Pacifica, UED and CoJ have the greatest chance of success, but I think UED will probably collapse due to incompetent leadership. TDP might become a reasonably successful alliance.

UED is doing fine with thier leadership

Pacifica will always be prominent on the red team they have taken the worst that CN can throw at them and they still exist, so they will probably be around when Admin pulls the plug on the game.

But the other alliances you mentioned have yet to face any real tests of character so I really can not say if any of them will be around in six months.

I can't believe you guys are still bitter that UED didn't join Red Dawn

It's not that I'm bitter they didn't join Red Dawn, it's that they were so petty and aggressive throughout the entire negotiation process, and then stormed out when they didn't get their way and NPO was included in the bloc, to try and set up a megamerger which would be a de facto red bloc, excluding NPO. *shrugs*

I lol'd at the results. CoJ and TDP are about as elitist and isolationist as they come. Neither aim to be 'strong' in the poll's sense. I voted NPO, SWF and Little Big Alliance. NPO for obvious reasons, and the other two because they seem to have a genuine set-up which can take them places. I refrained from voting for UED because, to be perfectly honest, my contact with them working on Red Dawn would lead me to be surprised if they don't get rolled before this time next year. Just quietly. Oh wait.

Edit: Clarification.

Edited by President Kent

If were talking about strength in numbers, NS and diplomatic clout, I am surprised CoJ is second and getting so much mention. Don't get me wrong, the alliance is an excellent one; I just don't see them raking in the stats anytime soon. And, for the record, there is nothing wrong with that.

Edited by President Kent

I cannot say for certain how powerful CoJ will be compared to other Red alliances in 6 months' time. Power is "the ability or official capacity to exercise control" I would be surprised if in 6 months CoJ has a ton of NS. As Kent noted, we are growing deliberately and slowly. But "power" in itself implies more than physical strength. For an alliance of 8 members (curse you, 25th Day, RIP DJTJ7), CoJ is already wildly powerful beyond any other 8-man AA by virtue of our politics (the politics of dancing, and of ooooh feeling good). It may be that in fact we are not among the strongest, but are very well within the most powerful, but I am certain that we will still be here, even if, as Bob opines, we are not at all noteworthy.

The power of Justitia compels us! justitia.png

TMF is a real alliance? Huh. You learn something new every day. I thought it was just Vilien's platform.

Real enough for your alliance to have signed an economic treaty with us. Also, I fixed your poor attempt at disrespectfully misspelling my name.

Pacifica and the Cult of Justitia, I doubt the rest will outlast this poll.

I'm hurt.

Edited by Vilien

Pacifica has dominated the red team for a long time but no empire can stay forever. New times comes and Soviet Union accept the challenge of being a red alliance compiting with Pacifica in the red team. Soviet Union will give a surprise in the time being.

Pacifica, UED and CoJ have the greatest chance of success, but I think UED will probably collapse due to incompetent leadership. TDP might become a reasonably successful alliance.

Incompetent leadership? What? I've talked to King Death II for a while now, and he seems to be quite the experienced leader, and he knows what he's doing. How about you go join UED and show them how it's done then.

Voted UED, already have a strong memberbase, and I see it getting stronger in the coming months. Not to say SWF won't be close :P

Pacifica has dominated the red team for a long time but no empire can stay forever. New times comes and Soviet Union accept the challenge of being a red alliance compiting with Pacifica in the red team. Soviet Union will give a surprise in the time being.

Umm...wow. I must admit, made me giggle a bit. :P

Using any stat metric there's really only one choice.

But stats aren't the only measure of strength when you consider say, CoJ. Yeah they're small, but love him or hate him Schattenman has presence. It's not quantifiable, but it gives him and CoJ as a whole an outsize level of influence. Which can be just as important as any in-game stat under some circumstances.

I'll go with NPO, CoJ, and TMF I think. For a fourth, probably Nevermore. NPO for obvious reasons, and the other three because they have legitimately excellent leadership in my opinion.