00C: Protectorate's

Karnee

I recently joined CN, saw the Open National thread and just love the idea of it. I've been with previous RPs along the same lines but they seem to either fail in the first few days or turn into big pile of almost ordered chaos.

Anyways, I was wondering if there were any Nations with Protectorate's that were willing to let me set up a nation in them?

Also I was looking through the guides and rules set out and I couldn't quite determine if I was meant to do this IC or OOC. Sorry if I got it wrong.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several nations in fact however I would first look for a location you think you can play a long time. If you find it ask the Protectorate owner(there is a nation of nations and forum accounts). Should the land you want be already within an established nation you might want to contact the owner to see if a compromise is possible. Just remember you will probably be in the same place for a long time. If you do not like it keep searching.

I did lean towards the protectorate owned by the Rebel Army, where Greece is in our world, but I've yet to get a reply.

My idea was to see who replies to this, and see if they are willing to give up a protectorate for a new player. Though if I'm honest I like being thrown into the deep end, so actual size or placement isn't that much of an issue for me, besides beggars can't be choosers. :P

I did lean towards the protectorate owned by the Rebel Army, where Greece is in our world, but I've yet to get a reply.

My idea was to see who replies to this, and see if they are willing to give up a protectorate for a new player. Though if I'm honest I like being thrown into the deep end, so actual size or placement isn't that much of an issue for me, besides beggars can't be choosers. :P

I don't know how available Greece is going to be. People are always clammoring over it. If it was me, I would try some of the Canadian protectorates. The area is rich in resources and V_the_king is a really nice guy, so he'll most likely let you have some good land.

I don't know how available Greece is going to be. People are always clammoring over it. If it was me, I would try some of the Canadian protectorates. The area is rich in resources and V_the_king is a really nice guy, so he'll most likely let you have some good land.

I can vouch for the truth of this statement.

I was thinking about Canada area, but what put me off was the huge amount of territory. Is it possible to only ask for half or a fraction of the protectorate?

Of course, most prefer smaller claims actually and it's even limited by your in-game sphere of influence

I was thinking about Canada area, but what put me off was the huge amount of territory. Is it possible to only ask for half or a fraction of the protectorate?

Of course. As Cent says, you are only allowed to initially claim as much land as your ingame Area of Influence covers anyway.

So no, there's nothing wrong with only asking for a fraction of it.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Of course. As Cent says, you are only allowed to initially claim as much land as your ingame Area of Influence covers anyway.

So no, there's nothing wrong with only asking for a fraction of it.

Yay! Thanks for the help guys. I'll go send him a PM in a moment.

Even though it's not indicated as being a "protectorate" I'm always looking for stable nations to move into some of my African territory (northern portions).

Thanks for the offer, if I don't get a place in Canada, then I will take you up, though I have always liked the idea of an African nation.

So, let my get this straight. Asia and Europe, the supposedly most stable of places in our world, excluding the middle east our the most unstable in this one?

Dose that mean Africa could annihilate everyone? An African empire? This is going to be awesome! :D

Middle East, North America and Austria are the biggest powers!! The most volatile region is Europe, closely followed by Asia and given a competition by North Africa. Some times Antarctica gets hot too, when people are bored with creating conflicts in other continents, :P .

North Africa has never been volatile. After "Africa" was caught evading it switched hands a few times but it was rarely violent until the Nords decided to go !@#$% on Gebiv. Lavo took it over and until I came along it was a pretty peaceful place. Ever since I took it over it's been a peaceful place. :P

North Africa has never been volatile. After "Africa" was caught evading it switched hands a few times but it was rarely violent until the Nords decided to go !@#$% on Gebiv. Lavo took it over and until I came along it was a pretty peaceful place. Ever since I took it over it's been a peaceful place. :P

Well that has too change. :war:

Have there been a World War in this world yet?

Edited by Karnee

Well that has too change. Have there been a World War in this world yet?

Too many to count. I believe they were all against Nazis the Nords, at least in my time.

There was also a war in which three South American nations attacked an innocent nation and literally half of the entire world declared war on the three.

Edited by Sargun

Too many to count. I believe they were all against Nazis the Nords, at least in my time.

There was also a war in which three South American nations attacked an innocent nation and literally half of the entire world declared war on the three.

I think the entire active community at the time declared war on those three. I don't think they'll ever come back.