A startling realization

thenb

"We were planning on establishing an Organization for South African Unity, with several projects such as an aircraft carrier and other military products. Another major focus would be free trade in the region, and perhaps make Greece an exclusive trade partner? You could return with supplying some of the technology and possibly some desperately needed teachers for our schools."

"Greece has no issue with providing technology and teachers to the Confederacy provided Greece gets something in return, and mayhap regarding your South African Union it could become also a military organization of Defence with partners being South Africa and both Mozambiques(like the former NATO and EU)"

"Greece provided permission to involve herself would be glad to aid her ally the Mozambique Confederacy and the Republic as well"

"Greece is involved with the NAP and economic principles therein, we would like something purely South African here."

"How about an MDP with economic clause?"

"We have resolved our differences with each other, and were talking of a new era of South African cooperation between us and yourselves."

*Shows him video of the rest of the meeting before he arrived*

"Hmm. It seems to me that your, change of heart, comes at a most convenient time and was rather quick. However, I am not here to judge. I am, as is the Republic of Mozambique, in full support of an economic unity pact with any of the African nations. Admittedly, though, I do not know how well any type of military cooperation with the Confederacy would go over. This is not an insult to you, but we did just recently fight a large war. I would not be willing to make such a decision without consulting the other members of my government first, and even then a decision may not be quick."

"No offense is taken, you are correct, although in my opinion we are of the same brotherhood and thus more willing to cooperate. Also yes the change of heart is quite convinient considering a possible world war and elections are coming up *cough*."

"No offense is taken, you are correct, although in my opinion we are of the same brotherhood and thus more willing to cooperate. Also yes the change of heart is quite convinient considering a possible world war and elections are coming up *cough*."

"Would you consider enlightening us then, as to why Greece is so interested in being so involved in South African affairs, attempting to set up a military base on Zaire's border and you raising to DEFCON 1? I am interested in peace good sir, but you have to give a little to get a little, ja?"

"The Greeks wanted to set up another base in the confederacy, they already have one. Also i specifically told them to not put it near the border, but in the heart of former Tanzania. And in case you haven't noticed, everyone is in DEFCON 1."

OOC: you can check the post...

"Alright. Well, I am proposing an economic union here today between the Confederacy of Mozambique, The Republic of Mozambique, and the Republic of South Africa. We are hoping to make it not just another treaty, but we want to actually see results. Lower tariffs, freer trade, things of that nature. Results.

Also, I'd like to remind all here that while Greece is a viable technology partner, South Africa has high indigenous technology as well, complete with a new industrialization that is helping to keep our costs low. In fact, our technology levels are making leaps and bounds as we speak, as is apparent in our famed armor system."

"Rather excellent. We have been slowly increasing our technology as well, and would like to make a model out of the south african system. Would you like to draft up the treaty?"