Tournament Edition Tournaments

Clash

Here's an idea just to keep TE from getting boring.

Inspired by MHA's Gladiator games.

War Tournaments in TE between alliances. Proposed elements:

8 AA teams per tournament to keep it simple.

10 nation teams.

Four ascending rounds.

Seeded by total NS.

Scored by anarchies, with total NS loss the tie-breaker.

50-hour matches: One hour before update, two full days, one hour after next update.

Attackers before the agreed time must self-anarchy or some such thing; out of the match anyways.

Previously agreed upon 3rd party AA runs the tournament, perhaps?

Previously agreed-upon War Reasons to keep out interference. ..or not, whatever.

Previously agreed-upon 3rd party AA referees matches and kills anyone interfering.

Switch out anarchied nations between rounds for unanarchied nations, giving more nations a chance to represent.

Min/max NS limits to matches - match together whatever size nations you think are best, within those limits.

NS limits that get BIGGER with every round, making the wars harder.

Last AA standing wins ever-lasting fame and fortune, or whatever.

All of that open to change of course. Whoever hosts it would get to make the rules.

Does it need hosting? I dunno.

Maybe we just DO IT.

Anyway, debate. Go.

using anarchies as a way to gauge the winner is fairly useless in my opinion. total NS loss. i.e. if Nation A has 3k NS at the beginning and 1.5k at the end while their enemy, Nation B, has 3k NS at the beginning and 2k NS at the end but is anarchied, then why should Nation A win?

You sure this isn't a TE suggestion lol? Cause doing this under regular circumstances in TE won't happen I am certain of that. Not only would you not be able to get the amount you want, but even if you did they would join separate AAs and get tech raided to hell and back. Just saying...

Sounds like a good idea in theory Clashpoint. I would be concerned about outside interference despite whatever deterrents were put into place. Also, are you saying that each AA would put up 10 members for a team? If so, some of the smaller alliances most likely would not/could not participate. Overall, sounds like fun if you can get enough folks on board.

I like the idea. Just needs to work out the details. The biggest being outside interference. If the admins would allow for slot filling without a warning we could get volunteers to fill the defensive slots to run it. I'd be willing to be a competitor.

Sounds like a good idea in theory Clashpoint. I would be concerned about outside interference despite whatever deterrents were put into place. Also, are you saying that each AA would put up 10 members for a team? If so, some of the smaller alliances most likely would not/could not participate. Overall, sounds like fun if you can get enough folks on board.

Yepp deterring interference might be a problem, but probably not a fatal one. I was thinking some of the smaller alliances could band together for a tournament team if needed. Some of the bigger alliances could probably put forth more than one team. OP could put forth several if they wanted to.

It'll take some tweaking, but could be a lot of fun.