Liga Mundo - Season 7

Botha

None taken.

Pravus, you're abolutely right. At this point, the ranking are VERY iffy. Give it time, and all will settle into proper places. Any new ELO will have more mood swings then my ex when she was off her meds. :)

As for Texas success: they put up a 4 goal win over a Primera team in a cup game (big upset = big boost in rankings) right before they played you. That made your win even stronger, but you getting bounced in Cup play by Nordheim didn't help ... knowing your Reds, you'll bounce back and start getting hot in league.

Nordheim seems to have my number this season, even though I didn't try after the first Cup game sprang on me. I did put a bunch into the league game with them, so nothing against them with that win. They are a hot team right now who is going to do very, very well over the rest of the year in my opinion.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nordheim

Nordheim have the benefit of experienced management. Baron Zemo's team in the Nordreich Liga is arguable one of the strongest sides right from Day 1 and I believe he also manages other sides (i.e. official teams). I knew he would do well in LM but just not sure how well at the start.

Next LM season there are two more decent NoR Liga managers (Norwood and st6mm) I'm looking to bring in. Both are brand new to X11 but have teams in the top 3 right now. I just wasn't expecting any to Nordlanders to join for this season.

Edited by Botha

Considering the team that VolNation fielded, it is not that surprising.

Yeah...

I mean, when I play the cup, I always field my youngest guys to rack up experience - the cup is an inconvenience for me. The same probably goes to Vol, who is a contender in the Primeira.

I mean, when I play the cup, I always field my youngest guys to rack up experience - the cup is an inconvenience for me. The same probably goes to Vol, who is a contender in the Primeira.

That's true for me too. But the team that VolNation fielded didn't look that bad, especially on defense. Granted their lone forward Alecko Eskandarian stunk up the joint, but his midfield still should have picked up the slack enough.

Keep in mind that VolNation have historically taken the cup rather seriously at the expense of their league position (not that their league position has seriously been threatened either).

I don't see VolNation dropping the next their match, but if Nordheim does acheive the impossible and upset their round, with Arcadia also out of the picture I would expect a few of us who do sit on the fence during the cup might change our attitude now that the playing field would be more open.

Liga Mundo ELO for week ending 8 December

1. Atletico Luz Del Mar 1309 (+2)

2. Transvaal Springboks 1303 (NC)

3. Arcadia FC 1270 (+1)

4. SiPS 1265 (+4)

5. VolNation Volunteers 1262 (-4)

6. Nordheim Badgers FC 1256 (+3)

t7. Keville United FC 1250 (NC)

t7. A.M. Adepts FC 1250 (+5)

9. Spartak MK 1241 (+4)

10. Voobaha National 1233 (-4)

11. Swamplandia Sinners 1211 (-6)

12. 1984 Duckies FC 1207 (-1)

13. Estrella Roja 1206 (-3)

14. Dun Carrig Bohs 1205 (+3)

15. FC Jekerger 1196 (NC)

16. S Team 1173 (-2)

17. Irlande 1174 (-1)

18. Atletico Melloria 1147 (NC)

19. Jianada United 1142 (+1)

20. Texas 1140 (-1)

21. Atletica Vinilandes 1133 (+2)

22. Dinamo Sano 1118 (+2)

23. RMI Armed Forces FC 1117 (+2)

24. Compostela Artois 1115 (-3)

25. PEI FC 1111 (-3)

26. Redemptio Reds 1101 (NC)

27. El Entrego 1080 (NC)

The Reds beat Melloria and nothing changes? Wtf?

Think if it as a BCS... very flawed, but does take recent wins into consideration. The Reds win (nice!) brought you closer to the top flight...

As I like to say lately... until we get about 30 games under the belt, it's a very rough puter ranking. If we had everyone's history dating back to the start of season 6, it'd be much more accurate. Example... S Team and Voobaha National went to a 1-1 draw.... even though the Nats were ranked higher, BOTH teams lost spots because of big wins right below us.

At this stage, please take the ELO with a grain (or shaker full) of salt.

And as Kevinho said... the only ranking that REALLY matters right now is the one on your serie standings. :)

Edited by Voobaha

Think if it as a BCS... very flawed, but does take recent wins into consideration. The Reds win (nice!) brought you closer to the top flight...

As I like to say lately... until we get about 30 games under the belt, it's a very rough puter ranking. If we had everyone's history dating back to the start of season 6, it'd be much more accurate. Example... S Team and Voobaha National went to a 1-1 draw.... even though the Nats were ranked higher, BOTH teams lost spots because of big wins right below us.

At this stage, please take the ELO with a grain (or shaker full) of salt.

And as Kevinho said... the only ranking that REALLY matters right now is the one on your serie standings. :)

Not mad or anything, I was just wondering the system. And the BCS sucks, lol.

Sometimes it does work. When forward Ricardo van Deinsen was still playing for Springboks, I used him once as a starting keeper and once he went in as a back-up and both times he won the matches. He technically Transvaal's only undefeated goalkeeper. He was actually a good player to put in net as he was all-round, was cool, and cheated!

tell me about it Don, My xpert team RCL is very talented-but extremely young. I got promoted last season and now RCL cant even compete. A drop down the league ladder might be a good thing before making another run at promotion. It is all dips of up and down with teams, It is extremely hard to hit a team on the nose with the age of the starting rotation as well as the youth backups that will become the starters after a few seasons.

tell me about it Don, My xpert team RCL is very talented-but extremely young. I got promoted last season and now RCL cant even compete.

That happened to me too with Three Bridges United (my official X11 team). In my very first season, I smoked Division 8 silly and won the league, then got promoted to Division 7 and after 2 seasons sthere I can barely stay afloat. I've given up on this season and now planning for a return to Division 8. I think my problem was too much success too soon.

I took over a failing 5-strength in a X11 league (Dvargamas IK) and managed to bounce it back to life and maintain it in the 7th divisions... another season has gone by and with the team being a 6-strengther standing mostly against 8-skill teams, there's pretty much no prospect for promotion - although I'd have to suck badly in order to get a relegation.

Sometimes, I think I should just let it go and go back to the 8th division so I can own next season and feel better about myself.

Kevinho-ALDM is just fine, of course we are going to lose when I have my 19yo midfielder playing goalkeeper against u guys, ALMOST WORKED though :lol1: .

More like you thought we weren't opponents worth respecting, then the 'tactic' backfired on you. Imagine if Sir Alex did that against Hull or Stoke, they would think he'd lost his marbles and be carted off to the dementia home.

Edit: Meant to mention my Xpert team truly sucks, I've been relegated twice in two seasons. The reality is I just don't spend as much time on my other teams as I do on United.

Edited by Kevinho

theres always a return leg ;)

True that, but you still lost 3pts you could have had!

Meanwhile: Note to self. While the mantra is cups suck arse, must remember not to actually suck arse in cups. Still that's the young 'uns blooded and won't have to do it in the Liga.

While the mantra is cups suck arse, must remember not to actually suck arse in cups.

Yes, cups are an excellent tool to get the kiddies some field time. Course, when you screw up and find yourselves outside the cup... (Gratz to Botha for advancing, and yay me for not LOSING to Transvaal in a competitive for the first time.)

Anyone for friendlies?

Side note on cups and ELO (if you care): Cup matches are weighted heavier than league play, since it's an indicator of how well your team does outside your Serie. Blowout wins get even more weighting. Suddenly SiPS looks like Boise State.

(US gridiron reference to a lower division school that kills everything in it's path, including the big universities)