Liga Mundo - Season 7

Botha

But if we're staying as 27 then it would seem harsh on the Tercera teams that have to be relegated to make the 4th div.

On the surface it would suck to be moved down a division, but for a manager in for the long haul, those teams demoted would likely benefit from playing weaker competition and the longterm benefits from a good progress report as their players finally get to win some matches, somthing most of those demoted team would not have been experiencing. It's a lot easier to keep form up when you win, and we all know the benefit of high form throughout the season.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt we can bring in 5 additional managers.

Like I have asked before, what is up with the 3 inactive teams? Reactivate them and let them play out managerless as fodder teams to pad the league numbers. That way we only need 2 more managers (which is do-able compared to finding 5 brand-new managers).

Then next season those managerless teams can be removed when new clubs join or if new managers want to come onboard during Season 7.

Like I have asked before, what is up with the 3 inactive teams? Reactivate them and let them play out managerless as fodder teams to pad the league numbers. That way we only need 2 more managers (which is do-able compared to finding 5 brand-new managers).

Then next season those managerless teams can be removed when new clubs join or if new managers want to come onboard during Season 7.

We have 30 teams. Leave those three clubs to boost the fortunes of the rest. But, if we cannot find two clubs, let's just play with the thirty clubs in three divisions. It was a lot of fun last season, and things went right to the wire in all divisions. Let's not break a good thing.

We have 30 teams. Leave those three clubs to boost the fortunes of the rest. But, if we cannot find two clubs, let's just play with the thirty clubs in three divisions. It was a lot of fun last season, and things went right to the wire in all divisions. Let's not break a good thing.

Might as well go with 30 if we can't get to 32... it wont stretch the season out any more than running 3x9 did, it'll just eliminate the bye week.

Might as well go with 30 if we can't get to 32... it wont stretch the season out any more than running 3x9 did, it'll just eliminate the bye week.

This. Starting this season I'd suggest that we don't deactivate teams just because they are inactive. We use the abandoned teams to get the league to 32 for next season (or a workable team/division set-up).

I thought we all wanted to be the best X11 players we could be? The quality of the league is part of that, surely?

Anyway have bumped my link on the MHA forums to see if any further interest can be drummed up.

And stalling for this freaking long simply drives good X11 players away. Seriously, it's a good thing I had signed up for other leagues because if I hadn't, I already would have deleted my team and deactivated my account. This wait is getting ridiculous. Just start the !@#$@#$ season already.

Punching bags in the bottom divisions won't harm anyone.

Franzharia is a VIP team so there's probably why you can't re-activate them.

With 29 I'd say opt for the 3 divisions now and next season we aim for 30-32 teams and make any divisional changes then. At least we all know there is the potential to go to 4 divisions in the near future - so no one is surprised by it when it happens.

I am able to choose a CL-style set-up for the league instead of the originial 1:1...This is what it said:

"CL is a league system played as a tournament with qualifying rounds in groups and finals from quarter finals in the end. It works almost UEFA Champions League."

This sounds like what Liga Mundo need.

Thoughts?

This would eliminate relegation/promotion, and it seems to be an all out competition to see who is the best overall club from any division

Edited by PremierApex

If we went for a CL system, then any player eliminated in the first round would have to sit it out for half the season. Like Pravus, I really fail to see why we have to keep changing things. I am a member of two other player created leagues and they ended their season recently, kept the format exactly the same and pressed ahead...hey, why don't we consider 5x6? That would give us the maximum amount of divisions and a very quick season :D

hey, why don't we consider 5x6? That would give us the maximum amount of divisions and a very quick season

6 team divisions only work if 1) it is done from Day 1; and / or 2) all the teams in the league are fairly similar in talent. But with 3 dominant and 1 semi-dominant team in LM, the Primera would be next to impossible for the remaining teams to stay up. The 2 promotion slots would be a constant revolving door.

Every season we have new teams joining; those would suffer the most in a 6-team format. Also 6-team divisions make development very difficult as each game in such a short season means so much that one cannot risk playing their prospects.

Hopefully we are reaching the point in our numbers that we can start stablising the league format.

Edited by Botha