Rubber Duckies spotted frolicking in the North Atlantic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the people posting the not so well wishes concerning this treaty I must say this: I respect your opinions, but dutifully exercise my right to disregard them. I have found the people I have come to know in NADC to be friendly and open. Good people. To me that is what strong lasting treaties and friendships are are built upon.

Duck-O-Lantern-Halloween_2BAE20E2.jpg

Happy Halloween everyone!!!

Nuff said, we look forward to a ducktacular relationship....this one aint for the birds ^_^

Poor showing, RDD
Haven't you quit CN yet?
Well my respect for RDD just went down sharply... Shame I really did like you guys before you signed with these... people.
Unless I'm very much mistaken (which I'm not), these 'people' were on the same side of the last war as you 'people', indirectly defending you 'people', a war which you 'people' started.
I don't mean to seem like I'm trolling or anything, so please don't take this as that.

But, being once on the inside and now on the outside, its given me an interesting perspective on the NADC.

You guys are great people, no doubt about it, but the fact that the NADC has never really done anything of significance matters more to most folks.

So much potential once long ago, but never realized.. even when sanctioned it wasn't much more than a nation building program combined with waiting while other people beat each other up and than standing there.

There's the guys who look for fights, than the guys who fight some sort of cause, than there's the NADC; with the reputation of just standing there and trying to look cool. ;)

The NADC that you are referring to was the pre-BLEU NADC. It's true, we were *gasp* neutral! :o First of all, that was over a year ago, and the NADC has changed very, very much since that time. Second of all, neutrality isn't inherently bad, it's just one type of foreign affairs stance of an alliance. There's pros and cons, and in the end the cons caught up to us. We're different now, get over it.

o/ NADC

<3 Duckies <3

Haven't you quit CN yet?

No, why? :v:

The NADC that you are referring to was the pre-BLEU NADC. It's true, we were *gasp* neutral! :o First of all, that was over a year ago, and the NADC has changed very, very much since that time. Second of all, neutrality isn't inherently bad, it's just one type of foreign affairs stance of an alliance. There's pros and cons, and in the end the cons caught up to us. We're different now, get over it.

NADC never called itself 'neutral' pre-BLEU war. Neutral alliances have no treaties. NADC did. Yes, NADC has changed very much since the war. For the better? Probably not. Nobody openly trolled NADC constantly before the BLEU war, but they did after the war.

Now, somehow you seem to believe you were trolled post-war, and up to today for things that were done before the war... How does that make sense? It was NADC's actions during the war, following the war, and even now that make you guys a laughing stock. Stop trying to blame your current status on things that happened before your time.

Gah, why do treaties get announced when I'm passed out.. =/

Also NADC your senate take ages.. :P

Thank you aboooe for introducing us, and thank you RDD (especially Augusta) for being :wub: able

It was my pleasure. :)

Congrats to both. I really like those ducks, and think the new NADC is very different then what they were years back.

I agree, also Khyber :wub:

NADC :wub:

RDD :wub:

Hmm, have you changed? Really?

I still don't see you guys doing anything, nor have I over the past year.

This, along with a lack of any coherent theme (praising cupcakes.. isn't that what you do to be bad@$$), seems to symbolize that you haven't really changed all that much.

Feel fortunate that enlightened critics have posted here, two pages for a formerly "sanctioned" alliance.. 'nuff said.

ModusOperandi, I generally enjoy your posts and particular outlook, but on this occasion I must disagree with what you've been posting in this thread.

Having been involved with NADC for the last 6 or 7 months, I have witnessed their awesome character and the evolution in their operations.

Then you are not looking close enough, or, more likely, what they have done has passed beneath your notice because of your preconceptions that they won't change from how you used to know them.

Can you honestly say that taking part in a war, building foreign relations with new alliances, continuing to prosper by the guidelines set in their charter, participating in a bloc, and updating their forums, to not be "doing anything"?

This, along with a lack of any coherent theme (praising cupcakes.. isn't that what you do to be bad@$$), seems to symbolize that you haven't really changed all that much.

Check out their new forum. While it may be a matter of taste, I find the construction of their image, charter, forums, and ideology to be highly congruous.

You are certainly have the right to your own opinion, and you've stated it several times. Now let me state mine:

When Zenith was crippled from internal strife and backed into the corner in the Karma war, outnumbered, surrounded, and being pounded on all sides by determined hostile nuclear foes, it was NADC that charged into the ring, risking their well being, and together we fought the enemy to exhaustion. It enabled both Zenith and NADC to exit the war and get white peace.

That history may be easy for others to wave off, but for some one who was in the trenches watching their nation being battered night and day, you can bet your sweet marmalade, it won't be something that I'll ever forget.

o/ NADC

Edited by Kzoppistan

Yes, NADC has changed very much since the war. For the better? Probably not.

You wanted NADC to go back to its isolationist root; there's pros and cons to it-- nothin' better or worse about.

Now, somehow you seem to believe you were trolled post-war, and up to today for things that were done before the war... How does that make sense? It was NADC's actions during the war, following the war, and even now that make you guys a laughing stock. Stop trying to blame your current status on things that happened before your time.

I didn't know NADC was the new pre-karma GGA. News to me.

Edited by FreddieMercury

Well my respect for RDD just went down sharply... Shame I really did like you guys before you signed with these... people.
Unless I'm very much mistaken (which I'm not), these 'people' were on the same side of the last war as you 'people', indirectly defending you 'people', a war which you 'people' started.

Don't pretend to know me, I was in the New Polar Order during the Karma war, and I saw the hypocrisy of the NADC foreign affairs policies before the Karma war. Not only as a member of Polaris, but as a government member of the Mostly Harmless Alliance before that. The Foreign Affairs leaders of NADC are incompetent, and the fact they have not been replaced makes me wonder if they even have anyone left who could replace them.

So yes... you are very much mistaken. I was not one of those people.

Edited by Remaliat

Don't pretend to know me, I was in the New Polar Order during the Karma war, and I saw the hypocrisy of the NADC foreign affairs policies before the Karma war. Not only as a member of Polaris, but as a government member of the Mostly Harmless Alliance before that. The Foreign Affairs leaders of NADC are incompetent, and the fact they have not been replaced makes me wonder if they even have anyone left who could replace them.

I think you may be mistaken about the Foreign Affairs department of NADC. In the past year, they've signed many treaties and participated in two (at least) blocs. I don't see how that could be called incompetent.

So yes... you are very much mistaken. I was not one of those people.

That's an all around unfortunate attitude to take; especially considering it is built on top your assessment of their FA competency, an assumption that is clearly wrong.

I personally find them quite capable, and the strides they've made in their foreign affairs in the last year is indicative of that.

Maybe you didn't like who they are or respect their ability, but to ascribe it to 'incompetence' is so grossly incorrect that it borders on slander.

Perhaps you should stick to the facts instead of letting your hostility blind you. Doing so will help you feel much better about things.

NADC never called itself 'neutral' pre-BLEU war. Neutral alliances have no treaties. NADC did. Yes, NADC has changed very much since the war. For the better? Probably not. Nobody openly trolled NADC constantly before the BLEU war, but they did after the war.
Neutral, isolationist, sissies, whatever you want to call it, that's what the NADC was.

Tell me what you mean by 'better'. Of course we have made some mistakes, as do every alliance and person, but you tell me what the NADC has done to make you think we are so horrible. Is it because we didn't cave to what you wanted us to do when you rejoined the NADC? Because we didn't abandon all of our allies (and I mean quite literally all), and join the Karma coalition because of the opinion of a tiny minority of the alliance (consisting solely of you and President Kent)? I'm sorry, the NADC is loyal, that is one thing you ought to know about us. If you think we are a bad alliance because we stood by our allies, then I honestly don't know what to think of you.

Again, give me things that we have done to spoil our name. Like I said, we have made mistakes, but I don't understand why our entire foreign affairs stance appears so horrible to you.
Hmm, have you changed? Really?

Feel fortunate that enlightened critics have posted here, two pages for a formerly "sanctioned" alliance.. 'nuff said.

You haven't seen us doing anything? I don't think I have to comment about that...

You don't like us because we don't do a rain dance in kilts around a fire, and retire to teepees at the end of the night, or because we aren't the umpteenth alliance to pledge allegiance to the galactic emperor? Unless you meant something else by 'theme', I don't see your point at all.

Edited by Kajdav

Such a good-looking treaty between two of Echelon's good friends, I wish you both the best :D

Its saddening to see people talk so negatively about NADC. From my experiences from the last year, I cannot point out a more loyal and honorable alliance then NADC, they are the best friends I think anybody could ever have. For those of you who naysay, to you I'd say things similar to those which Dick Cheney once said to Patrick Leahy. (even though I'm a democrat and despise Cheney)