Operation Purplenurple

May I ask why would an alliance send its members to a suicide mission? Of course, that was what Vox Populi did but I don't think any other alliance is foolish/desperate enough for that.

Edit: I fail @ quoting.

This is a very good point Drool, and SNAFU for one will hope that this is a "clearing of the decks" and perhaps with these individuals gone purple as a whole can get beyond their differences.

Hopefully, these individuals were the anti cooperation factions in SLCB and have finally realized that they weren't going to be able to force either Stickmen or PU into a war so decided to leave and persue their aims on their own. Now we can all work together to mend fences.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just going to post this one more time, as I think It's interesting.

Hardly, this is a simple thread relaying the message that the actions of SLF do not reflect those of SLCB

So uhm, since when do rogue members retain admin or moderator access to SLCB boards...or is that standard practice?

http://forum.seaworthy-liberians.com/index...mp;CODE=leaders

And stetson, as I noted before, I doubt that. by this time I think the Anti-Invicta culture is too deeply ingrained.

Edited by scythegfx

You probably should have taken that through private channels ... they probably haven't got around to demasking yet.

This is probably correct. In a related note, we never got around to demasking Hoo until shortly before he returned.. again.

So uhm, since when do rogue members retain admin or moderator access to SLCB boards...or is that standard practice?

So uhm, why do they have mod access to your boards?

I have a six month old son and I haven't gotten around to it yet. also, ogodai, for better or worse, has root admin access so there's no point in any case.

and i can't speak for the other admins out there, we're all a big shell shocked and not sure what to do.

sorry i'm not satisfying you with my handling of this but i imagine i'll survive that disappointment as i dont really care in the slightest whether you or anyone else is happy with how this is being handled.

Just going to post this one more time, as I think It's interesting.

http://forum.seaworthy-liberians.com/index...mp;CODE=leaders

And stetson, as I noted before, I doubt that. by this time I think the Anti-Invicta culture is too deeply ingrained.

I have a six month old son and I haven't gotten around to it yet. also, ogodai, for better or worse, has root admin access so there's no point in any case.

and i can't speak for the other admins out there, we're all a big shell shocked and not sure what to do.

I'm sorry, who is lending moral support? Your post is not clear.

The OP stated,

The actions undertaken by the Seaworthy Liberian Front are undertaken by men far braver than I. They do not represent the views of the Seaworthy Liberian Cardboard Boxes at this juncture.

This entire segment was later quoted by you to prove that the SLF is entirely separate from SLBC. You are more than welcome to claim this, I am simply stating that perhaps given the gravity of the situation, SLBC should disavow the OP's statement that the SLF are "brave men". Calling rouges brave, is moral support in my book. So again, perhaps SLBC's official leadership should state their opinion of these cowards and rabble-rousers in the SLF. As of now the OP's statement that they are brave, constitutes a tacit endorsement of their actions in my eyes.

I believe describing it as a combination of both would be most accurate.

I agree with RV. :awesome:

This is ridiculous. As far as I can tell this is a proxy war which is a concerted effort to send "volunteers" so one side does not have to make a formal declaration of war.

Of course we can still stay in our trenches and keep staring at each other nastily but I personally am not willing to quite go there. Instead, I really do agree with Stetson here; with SLF doing whatever they're doing we're getting some of the more hyperactive folks out of our ranks which puts us in a completely different situation. I, personally, am ready to sit down and have a nice cup of tea and discuss what's actually going on here and perhaps give you a chance to learn that we're not actually that vile and how most of us really don't harbour any kind of feelings for or against you folks.

I agree with RV. :awesome:

Welcome to the happy chorus of the wildest speculators! You're on your way to the stage deux; backing up your brilliant theories with some solid facts.

Edited by Iosif Moldov

The OP stated,

This entire segment was later quoted by you to prove that the SLF is entirely separate from SLBC. You are more than welcome to claim this, I am simply stating that perhaps given the gravity of the situation, SLBC should disavow the OP's statement that the SLF are "brave men". Calling rouges brave, is moral support in my book. So again, perhaps SLBC's official leadership should state their opinion of these cowards and rabble-rousers in the SLF. As of now the OP's statement that they are brave, constitutes a tacit endorsement of their actions in my eyes.

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought it was I you were referring to. In any case, SLCB gov has stated several times in this thread that they do not support SLF.

Of course we can still stay in our trenches and keep staring at each other nastily but I personally am not willing to quite go there. Instead, I really do agree with Stetson here; with SLF doing whatever they're doing we're getting some of the more hyperactive folks out of our ranks which puts us in a completely different situation. I, personally, am ready to sit down and have a nice cup of tea and discuss what's actually going on here and perhaps give you a chance to learn that we're not actually that vile and how most of us really don't harbour any kind of feelings for or against you folks.

Psst, iosif, check the AA :P

Besides, yo uknow I'm always down for a cup of tea with you, you were always one of my favorites anyway haha :wub:

Now that a couple leaders of SCLB have left, I really hope that there's a possibility of of improved relation between the old purple guard and the Stickmen newcomers.

Let's put the old conflicts behind us and move forward into a better tomorrow.

o/ Purple

Now that a couple leaders of SCLB have left, I really hope that there's a possibility of of improved relation between the old purple guard and the Stickmen newcomers.

Let's put the old conflicts behind us and move forward into a better tomorrow.

o/ Purple

Whom are those leaders that have left SLCB?

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought it was I you were referring to. In any case, SLCB gov has stated several times in this thread that they do not support SLF.

What I have seen them do several times in this thread is state that they are not affiliated with SLF. In fact that has been the crux of the argument. Beyond that in the 7 pages I have read so far, I have not seen an official denouncement of these actions. Further, if SLBC does in fact denounce the OP's statement. They should ask that he strike it from his post so that it does not taint the views of those just begining to read the thread.

Additionally, if the SLBC wants people to believe that they have nothing to do with this. It may be prudent to title the tread something different. "Operation Purplenurple" implies some sort of collusion and pre-planning. As if this we a plan created, now being set into motion. My point is that the OP is extremely combative, and the official leadership should disavow that post and restate what they wanted Bob to get from that post, without the combative language. That is, unless they do think that SLF is doing something morally correct....

edit: grammer

Edited by Lord Curzon