CNRP Poll on Navy Size [OFFICIAL]

Californian

Navy Size Poll  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unfortunately, there are no absentee ballots. This was a direct vote with a direct deadline. He missed it. Too bad.

So when an argument fails...you revert to the standby of 'it doesn't matter anyway...'

I see how your mind works... :P

A direct deadline he was never able to see...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when an argument fails...you revert to the standby of 'it doesn't matter anyway...'

I see how your mind works... :P

A direct deadline he was never able to see...

My argument never failed. My claim is that normal voters in the US have only a day to vote - and that is true given the context of this poll. There is no "advanced" voting, no absentee votes or mail-ins. There is only direct voting. The poll takes three seconds to vote in and ten to write in a post and he had days. Normal voting takes hours of waiting and a good minute in the box.

My argument never failed. My claim is that normal voters in the US have only a day to vote - and that is true given the context of this poll. There is no "advanced" voting, no absentee votes or mail-ins. There is only direct voting. The poll takes three seconds to vote in and ten to write in a post and he had days. Normal voting takes hours of waiting and a good minute in the box.

Except that's not normal voting now... :P

I'm not sure where you live but when we go to vote you wait in a line until you get to a voting box and you put your vote in.

Really? All I have to do is fill it out a few days before the deadline, then go to the box and drop it off. No lines involved.

So, how are we going to tell how many subs someone has?

I believe Cochin answered that already.

Actually this poll goes for the full navy

No, it doesn't. See below...quoted from the thread's OP.

Hello, this is an official poll for the CNRP community.

It is based off the discussion found in this thread.

Incorrect. The thread is based off of submarine, but if you read the poll choices it consistently says 'RP navies' instead of 'RP submarines'.

Then think of it this way...a number of the voters said it was conditional on it being ONLY submarines. So if the poll is modified accordingly...it loses.

Subtleknifewielder, its based off an earlier part of the conversation, not what it evolved into.

I change my vote to a big, fat NO; largely because the conversation was not finished and was preemptive (it started before discussion ended), IMO anyway. I'd still go for a 3X multiplier for submarines though.

Not when the topic title says Navy Size. :P

Oh? Subs aren;t a part of the NAVY? :P

Subtleknifewielder, its based off an earlier part of the conversation, not what it evolved into.

I change my vote to a big, fat NO; largely because the conversation was not finished and was preemptive (it started before discussion ended), IMO anyway. I'd still go for a 3X multiplier for submarines though.

Exactly, the earlier part of the discussion was about subs. ;)

This, really.

Quick question. Why do we need a multiplier for navies? No country here is big enough, nor rich enough to support the numbers that are being suggested.

Well, yes, they are. The In-Game navy system gives numbers more fit to a modern, moderately wealthy nation, not a giant, really powerful one, like Austria, Viniland, even some of the smaller ones. The point is more realism, giving a boost to push nations up to realistic wartime numbers for the biggest nations, but of course, it doesn't work exactly right, nor will it ever.

I hope that makes sense

Well, yes, they are. The In-Game navy system gives numbers more fit to a modern, moderately wealthy nation, not a giant, really powerful one, like Austria, Viniland, even some of the smaller ones. The point is more realism, giving a boost to push nations up to realistic wartime numbers for the biggest nations, but of course, it doesn't work exactly right, nor will it ever.

I hope that makes sense

Kind of. How about we say the multiplier only goes into effect during war time, and you need to RP building the new ships. I could certainly see that happening easily.

Because people aren't content with having a navy that could single-handedly destroy a third of the countries on Earth.

Oh... so it's basically overkill of overkill. Sounds like fun.