Going to Afghanistan

USMC123

This question has probably been asked before, so forgive me for asking.

I'm heading to Afghanistan in the next few months and want to make sure it will be okay when I log into my nation from over there. I assume each base has it's own network, but there is a chance another Marine (or other military member) at the same location will also have a nation and want to log in there. Can admin confirm whether or not there will be an issue with the whole same IP business while I'm overseas?

If there is, I would like to propose (yes I know this isn't the right spot) an exception to the Same Network Rule for those who are deployed in regions with highly restricted access to internet such as Iraq and Afghanistan, and also to the 90 day limit of having someone nation sit (just in case).

The chances are quite ridiculous, you'll be fine. Plus I remember someone somewhere said something in the vicinity of "The Mods understand that people move or go to vacation in their lives" so they have common sense when they decide multi issues and all.

The chances are quite ridiculous, you'll be fine. Plus I remember someone somewhere said something in the vicinity of "The Mods understand that people move or go to vacation in their lives" so they have common sense when they decide multi issues and all.

While probably right, I'd like to get something more solid.

All the bases over there use satellite internet through one company for both Afghanistan and Iraq, and I've known some CN players playing while deployed, so I'd like to know for sure :P

You'll be fine, I am sending this too you from Iaq and I travel to Afghanistan too. No worries, that is as long as you can get toa computer. Kandahar and Bagram both have nice facilities and adequate waiting times. The smaller FOBs is a bit more limited but for just updating the nation and scaning this or your own Forum you will be fine. The civilian networks are't bad either. IRC might be difficult though.

PM if you want specifics, I know more than you average bear, spent 5.5 years there.