The 2nd Acca Daccan National Ball

Acca Dacca

A police officer entered the ball room and tapped Liska on the shoulder. "May I see some ID, please? You look underaged."
Liska presented both her invitation and diplomatic credentials as identification to the law enforcement official, “As you can see as both Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs and acting Minister of Foreign Affairs of Procinctia’s Foreign Office I’m a diplomatic functionary representing Procinctia at this international event. I’m here at the request of her majesty Queen Ava Jones, if you have any problems feel free to take them up with her.” Liska couldn't help but smirk at her perceived triumph. Edited by Generalissimo

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liska presented both her invitation and diplomatic credentials as identification to the law enforcement official, “As you can see as both Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs and acting Minister of Foreign Affairs of Procinctia’s Foreign Office I’m a diplomatic functionary representing Procinctia at this international event. I’m here at the request of her majesty Queen Ava Jones, if you have any problems feel free to take them up with her.” Liska couldn't help but smirk at her perceived triumph.

"I mean your ID verifying that you are at least of the age of 21," the officer said, not amused. He started to look at James and Anzhelina, who backed away and looked the other way. James gave Vikram a look; it was possible to get in some form of trouble for allowing underaged drinking.

"I mean your ID verifying that you are at least of the age of 21," the officer said, not amused. He started to look at James and Anzhelina, who backed away and looked the other way. James gave Vikram a look; it was possible to get in some form of trouble for allowing underaged drinking.
"Diplomatic immunity, can’t touch me, in the name of Procinctia you have been Generalissimowned", is what Liska did not respond, flaunting her protections would only antagonize and escalate the situation.

When in doubt feign ignorance, “Oh my, I didn’t realize Acca Dacca had regulations regarding minors and the consumption of alcohol," Liska straitened the skirt of her school uniform, "now that I’m aware of the situation I assure you it won’t happen again.”

Edited by Generalissimo

Pope Alexis arrived, late, because he was preoccupied with Italian affairs. He took a look at Tintagyl Hall and sighed. This was one of the last places Pope John Paul III, Maelstrom Vortex, and John Kennedy was seen before their unfortunate deaths. As he was late, he found that everyone was already engaged in deep conversation, so he simply took a seat.

Later, President Nguyen and his First Lady paraded into the ballroom, only to find out that no one had really been paying attention to them. But to them, it was alright. The couple simply started an elegant dance with each other to pass the time.

OOC: You are not making me RP a convo with myself! Someone talk to them!

"Diplomatic immunity, can’t touch me, in the name of Procinctia you have been Generalissimowned", is what Liska did not respond, flaunting her protections would only antagonize and escalate the situation.

When in doubt feign ignorance, “Oh my, I didn’t realize Acca Dacca had regulations regarding minors and the consumption of alcohol, now that I’m aware of the situation I assure you it won’t happen again.”

"Sorry, the correct answer was a creative ripoff of Hammer Time along with a catchy dance," the officer said. "However, I'm not actually from here. I'm supposed to be somewhere in the lost city of Atlantis right now, so if you'll excuse me." The officer shot two shots from his handgun into the ceiling and shouted, "NEVER TRUST A RABBIT," and ran out the door.

James and Anzhelina blinked. "What just happened?" James asked.

"Erik, I don't want to be here," Vince said while they ate their meal at one of the tables.

"Oh come on, it can't be that bad Vinzent."

"And why do you keep calling me Vinzent?"

"That's your name, isn't it?"

"Yeah bu-"

"Then?"

"Goddamnit. What is there's an emergency while we're here?"

"Remember, we gave the courts full power to enact resolutions. And, we have mobile phones, now go diplomacize, you're the one who's supposed to do that, Sixx." Erik dragged him out of his seat and onto the dance floor, as Erik sat back at the table and watched him.

Vince didn't know how to dance. He just started tapping his feet to the rhythm and wiggling a little like Erik said. It was amusing to say the least. He had rhythm, but no talent. Ah, give Vinzent and instrument and he will make beautiful melodies, but put him on his feet on a dance floor and he'll make a fool of himself. Erik laughed at the thought, and watched Vince, the leader of Crimea, make a fool of himself. Am I sadistic? Only if it's funny.

Having Hannah and the mystery man who had nearly appeared out of the blue, Valeria had found herself alone and being alone automatically made her a bit nervous. She was the Foreign Minister of the Commonwealth and Commander of the Lillian Guard, but standing there in her silk red dress, she couldn't help but feel she was being watched by the aristocracy that had gathered around. Holding her cup of wine in her sweaty palms, her eyes criss-crossed the dance floor looking for an escape or at least possibly a way to feel a bit more at home. He was comical, stranded in the middle of the marble floor by his friend and almost as seemingly awkward as she was, perhaps that was the reason her eyes drew to him and the bright eyed woman smirked as she turned and placed her glass on a table and took a deep breath. "Well, we shouldn't have both of us suffering because of these snobs right?" Valeria said to herself.

She walked casually through the other dancing couples on the dance floor finally coming to the back of the Crimean politician. Tapping him lightly on the back, the Hanseatic smiled and couldn't help but blush a little bit. "Care to ask a Lady do dance sir?" Valeria said bowing her head slightly, youthful innocence escaping her hardened features.

A startled Vince turned around quickly to see Valeria standing there. His jaw almost dropped, his eyes widened a little, and millions of thoughts ran through his head. Beauty in it's purest form, talking to me. Erik was the ladies man, Vince didn't know how to handle them very well. So, for a few seconds, Vince stood there staring at her. Well, now I've embarrassed myself dancing, might as well embarrass myself with a lady.

Erik looked on and nodded in approval with his legs crossed on a neighboring chair. He lifted his glass in Vince's direction and downed the last of the champagne in his glass. Hate this stuff. But, it grows on ya, and I'm only 18, so who cares?

"Uh," Vince finally got out, "Wanna dance?" Politically, he had all the confidence in the world, but even at 20 years of age, his awkward youth shined through. I'll ask her name when we're dancing...or...trying to dance.

Valeria smiled and she could see the awkwardness in his movements and in his eyes. She reached forward allowing him to put his hands around her waist, while she rung her arms around his neck and gently swayed to the music gracing over the floor. "I'd love to dance." She smiled up at him and sighed for a moment, now this was the hard part, Valeria had no clue who he was, where he had come from, what he was doing her. Most likely the son of a royal, or perhaps a young politician, she being twenty-six was about the same height as he was with heels on, but they were only swaying, not talking and she could feel the awkwardness between the couple rising.

"So." The girl asked, a light chuckle in her voice. "I guess I should ask you who you are, considering the fact that I've never seen you before in my life and I'd like to be able to call you by your name and not just say, 'oh that guy I met at the Acca Daccan Ball'. So...does Monsieur have a name and a story?"

Butterflies didn't just flutter, they rampaged through the entire midsection of Vince, making his leg twitch a little. His long blonde hair partly covered a flushing of his face, but it was obvious he felt awkward. I should ask her name now...nah...lets wait until we get into the swing of things...I guess. He followed her lead, watching her feet and body...and her body. He tried not to let his eyes linger, but he was, after all, male.

"So wh-" Before he could get out a breath, she asked her question. He hesitated a little, but took a deep breath and just answered the question calmly, "I'm Vince Sixx, one of the heads of state of Crimea, along with my buddy Erik over there who dragged me here. Erik says I'm the 'heir to the Distopyan throne' or whatever, due to my dad starting the whole thing." He shrugged.

"Now, may I ask your name and story?" He smiled nervously, as if trying to act suave. This was a guy who was thrust into politics in his prime years, never able to have a girlfriend or a life of his own, which is the complete opposite of Erik.

Speaking of, Erik had to suppress the urge to clap loudly at his best friend's accomplishment. And the student graduates.

"The heir to the Dystopian throne?" Her eyes widened. "Now I am impressed, I should be more careful of who I dance with, me nothing but a soldier and a civil servant and I wind up in the arms of a prince." She smiled. "But my story and name? Valeria Sangral, Commander of the Hanseatic Lillian Guard and Foreign Minister of the Commonwealth. Also by the way, just to tell you, I got dragged here too and to be brutally honest I wish the night would end all ready, parties were never really my thing. I don't think they fit Hannah much either, but we've been getting so much flak from the international community that we had to start showing our faces again. It seems like if you're not Sarah Tintagyl and you're a Hanseatic girl, men don't give you a second look." She blushed. "So I guess you're not the normal horde of men."

They swayed for a bit more before the dance ended and Valeria drew back from his arms a bit, though almost hesitant to let go of his hand, holding on for as long as she could with one finger. Then letting her hands drop to her sides. "Don't be so nervous Vince, you're okay, a good dancer and a sweetheart for giving me a dance." She looked towards the long windows that led to the balconies of the Hall and sighed. "I...I don't want to hold you up or anything." Glancing over at Erik and then at Hannah. "If you have other people to dance with or other girls to talk with. But I need some fresh air out of all the political snobs, so if you want to join me outside for a bit. You're more than welcomed to. Maybe for a smoke or a drink, if you're into that sort of thing." Valeria left his side and walking to one of the tables and picked up her wine glass, but before reaching the glass doors shot Vince a small smile as she walked out into the cool twilight air. The moon shining down on the stone overlook.

"You should see how I dress when the occasion is informal. Black cutoff leather vest over a black long sleeve shirt, complete with baggy dark jeans and tennis shoes. I even used to have a mohawk."

Anzhelina piped in, "He did." She flipped open her cell phone and showed Vikram and Liska a picture of James wearing the clothes he'd described, complete with a black and white spiked mohawk. James grimaced.

"I still have a little of the white dye left in my hair," he said, turning around and showing a thin, jagged white line across the back of his hair. "Eccentric enough?"

Vikram listened bemusedly to the King of Carthage and was amused to see the hair style sported by the monarch. He could not but help but remember back to his uncle's erratic escapades, clad completely in saffron, going off into the snow capped Himalayas for days of continuous meditation. Once when he was a Lieutenant in the Special Forces he had followed his uncle and saw what happens during these days.

"Quite charming, Your Excellency."

Then seeing the police officer approaching Procinctia's Foreign Minister, Vikram said,"Is not diplomatic immunity more important than your own drinking laws, officer? If you disturb this young lady, you might soon lose your job!"

Vince blushed even more. "Eh, not so much a prince, moreso the son of a guy that created a nation and therefore has rights to lead it. Although, it takes both myself and Erik over there to be able to lead something the way my dad did." He chuckled a bit and continued to dance with her.

"Yeah...you could say I was dragged here too, but it's hard to get out of a car that's going upwards of a hundred miles an hour."

"What a lot of insecure men say about women is true about men, we're attracted to power. But we Distopyans, we're attracted to beauty and grace. Nobility and such has no place among us." Not the normal horde of men, heh, if she only knew, he thought. His blue eyes drifted for a little into thought before snapping back into reality, "It's true about both me and Erik, although we appear to run with a horde, we're our own selves. Really, that's what we all are, no matter how hard we try to suppress or ignore it."

He felt a little bit urgent when she dropped his hands, oh great, did I step on her feet? She complimented him, and he smiled, "I guess it took a little bit of help to bring that out in me, you've definitely been a great dance teacher for the past few moments." He watched her leave as she said those words. Words that stung him until she invited him to join her. Oh, hell yes I would love to, he thought.

He looked around at all the people. All the aristocrats and world leaders. The communists and the capitalists. They all seemed to come together in a dance here, and while all the men rushed to greet the women, Vince did his own thing and met a nice girl to dance with. Hopefully they would be able to talk more outside. He didn't give anything a second look, and left the dance floor to follow her.

...outside...

The moon hit her just right. He felt like a firefly being drawn to a bright light, except this was just a harmless female firefly, sitting there in the night sky. I've got to stop reading poetry, he thought. "In all honesty, I belong there just as much as you do. Erik is more for those kinds of things than I am. He's the one that lived his life, I've just been a bunch of things. But, out here it's nice, natural. I love the night."

Valeria sighed as she rested her hands against the stone railing separating the two from the perilous two story drop, the neo-classical architecture placing them safely in the stone box. "Yeah, honestly you have no clue." She took a sip of the wine from the glass and then proceeded to toss it off the balcony, a few seconds passed before the sound of shattering glass came from below as the shards dances about the stone sidewalk. The Lillian Commander turned and pressed her back against the stone railing and looked at Vince up and down, smiling at the gentleman in front of her. "It was nice to meet someone that shares the same view points that I think we all do. I don't know, the world's so screwy now that people like me, well we don't know what to think. You ever suffer from that Vince? Not knowing what you want to do with your life, not knowing where to go next?" She sighed again. "Honestly there's a lot of anger built up in these arms, and legs. When you look right inside those windows, do you really think any of those people in their ruffled jackets and long gowns have any clue of what they're doing. Hell no."

The girl turned and laughed for a moment. "But listen to me babble on about nothing, its the Foreign Minister inside of me speaking. Time to remove that mask and look at what's really out there." Valeria took a finger and beckoned Vince to come closer to her. When he obliged she took his hand and lifted it up in the air pointing it at the sky. "You said you love the night? I remember when I was a little girl, I was always fascinated by the stars, the pictures and the legends of what goes on in the world that we only dream of living in." With his hand, she began to trace the images of the constellations, of centaurs, of warriors, goddesses, and demons. "That's the world I want to live in Vince, the dream world, the world were there is always this sense of the unknown, where you hold a sword in your right hand and your heart in the other." Valeria closed her eyes and shook her head. "Damn I sound like a crazy woman, myths and legends and !@#$. Sorry if I spooked you out or anything, I'm really not crazy at all, I guess just discontented." The girl cracked a smile. "Just when you said the natural world, where you can do anything, I thought for a moment that you thought of these things too."

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

Once Vince was outside, he took off his tie and took it off. "Erik said formal, so I dressed up in this monkey suit. He's quite the joker." He leaned up against the railing beside her and listened to her. "Yeah, when my dad died I didn't have a clue of what to do. I tried to have a life, but eventually that meant preaching the Distopyan ways to a bunch of Frenchmen, and the Norman revolution started in France. Then the whole Austervania mishap happened. I just don't know how people can love war so much."

He laughed at her next statement, "I can honestly tell you myself and Erik have no clue, we're just playing it by ear. But, the rest of them in there. Nobody knows what's going to happen next, all anyone ever does is plan, which is useless, because all plans are eventually rendered useless. It's better to keep everyone guessing."

Her description of the natural world seemed well, natural to him. "You know, my dad has told me all these norse myths about Odin and Thor and all of them, you know, I want to live in that world. So, I started smoking marijuana, because it seemed to work for my dad, and...well...there's Erik. It's just a way to escape and cool off for me and take my mind somewhere else. This world of politics and wars and crap. It's just...it gets old. That's why we ditched Norsvea and Austervania. There was too much crying for war. The Crimeans seem to be pretty cooled off, especially after we introduced legal Marijuana." Vince laughed a little and smirked.

"But, I guess one has to wake up and see the world as it is in a sober state of mind, as unpleasant as it is, and both me and Erik do, every day."

Recon was a good way to put what Cor was doing. He had rather disliked it when he first heard he was going to a convention of politicians and foreigners, but now he was starting to realize why they had bothered to send him at all. From idle chatter he was overhearing, from his spot against a wall stolidly avoiding people or social interaction, he had already identified two national leaders and half a dozen or so important foreign delegates by face. Since the government records had been burned, Cor was basically rebuilding what the government needed on information about other governments. News channels only go so far.

He still disliked being here though, and completely drained the glass of wine he had taken.

Edited by Tahsir Re

Valeria literally busted out laughing when he had mentioned smoking marijuana. "Well it doesn't seem that you're living in that much a sober world Vince, not if you have the ability to get baked without the authorities coming to knock down your door. Though I will say this, when I was growing up in Brisbane there were always the rumors that pot would be legalized, one thing we have been blessed with in the Hansa is that for as authoritarian our leaders are, social liberalism is always the highest degree it can go. Lady Sarah was like that and Lady Hannah seems to be going down the same road, though a bit more down a militarized state. However I don't think its a problem if a soldier can enjoy him or herself every once in awhile with a joint. Don't you agree?"

She smirked and drew a bit closer to him. "I don't know Vince, you think that this sober world is everything that it has to be? I mean don't get me wrong, I know its depressing. Its always been depressing, but isn't there a way to change it to our fantasies and our dreams without having to escape to a alternative method?" She frowned. "But I know how you feel, I really do, especially in Crimea, good lord, between the Germans and the Russians that would be enough to make me ask for retirement papers on the spot. Though I believe some of my Lillians are currently there as we speak. Poor girls. But you'll treat them well."

Valeria leaned in and kissed him lightly on the cheek. "Treat them well for me and who knows, maybe we'll have a world of our own one day. Maybe it won't be so depressing and dark at every turn." She looked out towards the Pacific Ocean in the distance. "After all, the sun rises everyday. That's enough for me."

"Heh, I have the ability, but not the time. I'm usually the one doing the work while Vince goes out and has fun, chopping the hands off of deposed leaders and what not." He remembered the time he had to hire people to clean the blood and the hands from their music room. It wasn't the prettiest sight. He continued, "My dad's always preached the highest social liberalism and was pretty moderate about everything else, it just comes with the heritage I guess."

He nodded at her comment about soldiers and enjoying themselves, he appreciated the fact that soldiers didn't always have to be soldiers, "Yeah, and our soldiers do enjoy themselves every once in a while, especially the Grünmacht, which your Lillians will get to know soon."

"Well, unless we have a lot of nukes and a lot of influence, we aren't going to change anything." Vince felt as if he was becoming more comfortable with her, even though it appeared they had no common ground. "Erik and I try our best to have our citizens live safe and worry-free of war with all of our bunkers and defense measures so they can live their lives, but, once the people get a taste for war, they want revenge. It's happened in Norsvea and Austervania. Everyone wants war no matter where you are. The world is lucky to have people like us."

And after her comment about his surroundings, he laughed, "You know, we've been so used to being invaded that it doesn't really matter. Erik's a good enough diplomat that we can remain friends with everyone. Dalmatia, Germany, Russia, we're all fine with them. Giving other lands independence is just as well, we appear benevolent to the rest of the world. When really, we just needed to divide up the Varangians so they wouldn't unite and try to start another war."

His face, which was just getting down from being flush and nervous, was now back to its original state. "We won't let a thing happen to them, Valeria, the Grünmacht is the most elite force I've seen in a nation of our strength. Also, the least conspicuous. If you'd like, you can come to Crimea some time and I can give a demonstration." It was a blatant invite to see her again, and he knew it.

Edited by VinceSixx

"Revenge." She closed her eyes. "I try not to think of the word. The Hansa...we've been in such a whirlwind for so long I can barely remember and for as much retribution in the world, that we've caused and that people have caused against us. I think we are a people that just want to finally relax for a moment. It took three wars and a unification process to achieve, but I think its finally going to happen, we're powerful enough to defend ourselves from aggression and influential enough to keep people out of Australian affairs." Valeria grimaced at the thought. "What has happened in Australia in just the past two months is evidence of that and that, I swear will never happen again. But to be honest, we've tried to draw back from the world, build our own paradise again." Once again a grin crossed her face. "You know its nice, you being a European and me a Hanseatic, its like two people that shouldn't get along but do." She reached down and took his hand. "Maybe this is enough to tell me that the world isn't all that bad or that it is, but you find a light in the tunnel every once in awhile."

When he explained the protection that the Lillians had been given her heart eased a bit and nodded at the invite to Crimea. "That would be a real treat, get away from the politics in Australia for a bit and relax. I'm not a huge fan of the European continent." She chuckled. "But I think I could make an exception for someone like you. I hear the beaches and weather are breath taking up on the peninsula so that would be something to see. Plus, I'm sure we could skip the military demonstrations, you and I both know that that's just an excuse." Valeria said with a wink. "But I hope you wouldn't be a stranger either and if you ever find yourself in the South Pacific, maybe stop by in Apophis sometime. I could promise you a vacation to Tahiti or Kiribati if you're into the islands at all. Definitely something I've grown attached to, water clear enough that you can see all the way down to the ocean floor."

Valeria turned again, her back against the rail and sighed looking into the ballroom. "Well now we have a problem. You've already invited me to come to Crimea, I've already invited you to come to Apophis, and the night isn't over yet. So what do we do, do we sit out here in the night until the morning dawn, or go back in and try to fit in with the people we just came out here to escape? Also." She said reaching into her purse and pulled out a silver flip-phone. "I think you owe me something as well, I'm not one of letter correspondence." She grinned.

"Revenge." She closed her eyes. "I try not to think of the word. The Hansa...we've been in such a whirlwind for so long I can barely remember and for as much retribution in the world, that we've caused and that people have caused against us. I think we are a people that just want to finally relax for a moment. It took three wars and a unification process to achieve, but I think its finally going to happen, we're powerful enough to defend ourselves from aggression and influential enough to keep people out of Australian affairs." Valeria grimaced at the thought. "What has happened in Australia in just the past two months is evidence of that and that, I swear will never happen again. But to be honest, we've tried to draw back from the world, build our own paradise again." Once again a grin crossed her face. "You know its nice, you being a European and me a Hanseatic, its like two people that shouldn't get along but do." She reached down and took his hand. "Maybe this is enough to tell me that the world isn't all that bad or that it is, but you find a light in the tunnel every once in awhile."

When he explained the protection that the Lillians had been given her heart eased a bit and nodded at the invite to Crimea. "That would be a real treat, get away from the politics in Australia for a bit and relax. I'm not a huge fan of the European continent." She chuckled. "But I think I could make an exception for someone like you. I hear the beaches and weather are breath taking up on the peninsula so that would be something to see. Plus, I'm sure we could skip the military demonstrations, you and I both know that that's just an excuse." Valeria said with a wink. "But I hope you wouldn't be a stranger either and if you ever find yourself in the South Pacific, maybe stop by in Apophis sometime. I could promise you a vacation to Tahiti or Kiribati if you're into the islands at all. Definitely something I've grown attached to, water clear enough that you can see all the way down to the ocean floor."

Valeria turned again, her back against the rail and sighed looking into the ballroom. "Well now we have a problem. You've already invited me to come to Crimea, I've already invited you to come to Apophis, and the night isn't over yet. So what do we do, do we sit out here in the night until the morning dawn, or go back in and try to fit in with the people we just came out here to escape? Also." She said reaching into her purse and pulled out a silver flip-phone. "I think you owe me something as well, I'm not one of letter correspondence." She grinned.

"Ah yes, the Hansa, out of all the nations in the world, has the most to cry for revenge, but you don't, and I commend your people for that." He then looked up to the sky, "Unfortunately, Nationalism, Pride, and Lebensraum has plagued the world for so long that the people are used to it. Blood and Iron feeds the soil, and revenge feeds the people, as the late Henrik would say. He was as much a Distopyan as we are war hawks."

He smiled and accepted her hands by pulling her a little closer, "I'm an American by birth, a Caucasian by heritage, a Scandinavian by blood, but a human by reality. We're all the same, it's just the mind that's different, and that can be changed." He then looked up at the moon, "The moon is proof that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, there's always something wonderful in a backdrop of darkness."

He got a little remorseful when he remembed the Hansa were never ones for Europe after all the bad things that had happened, "That's the funny thing about us. Because of our diplomatic standing and our stance on war, we really don't have a need for it, and are peaceful." He grinned, "You can get a taste of every terrain on the peninsula. We have golden beaches, green city parks that are larger than Central Park in new york, and of course, the hempcrete jungle that is almost eighty percent of the peninsula."

He looked out to the pacific also. He's never been south of the equator, he had just realized. Actually, he'd never been south of the tropic of cancer. Some warm weather would do good for him. "Really now, is the water cold down there? Where I've been, the water is so cold your skin shrinks so much you lose a few inches everywhere." He grinned mischievously, but then continued to cover up his innuendo, "I hear the reefs are quite breathtaking down there."

"I guess it is a problem, Valeria. Although, it doesn't exactly mean it has to be the end of the night. There's lots of alcohol and politicians to look at and guess what country they're from." He laughed. He liked this girl, he could finally just be a normal human being. Something he's missed for the past 20 years of his life. She was a soldier, and he was a...well, she put it the best, a prince.

"Now...I do have enough experience to know you're asking me for my number," he grinned. He didn't give out his private number except to politicians he could hang out with, and that number was a resounding zero. He recited his number to her, and then replied, "And yours? I don't want to have to call the Hanseatic Military barracks like some sort of high school kid."

One thing that Hannah was not, was a dancer. She clumsily followed Lucas across the dance floor tripping up on her feet throughout the entire tune with the sounds of the Big Band Era only confusing her further. The Potentate could waltz, maybe even a slower form of more passionate dances, but to be honest it was something that she never bothered to pick up and as they ran across the floor, she hastily trying not to fall flat on her face, there was scarce room to actually talk. Finally, after a few minutes of working up a minor sweat from the sudden explosion of energy, they returned to a slower step that the girl could at least manage. Hannah smiled as she kept her hands around the young man's shoulders.

"One would think, that for all my 'gifts' I would be at least able to dance. The Eggmans must have conveniently left that part out of the process." Looking back up, her emerald eyes shimmered back into his own. "Well yes, you did make the wrong impression, but I believe we're both at fault here Lucas, I just don't take kindly to people being surprisingly let into my quarters. Its not so much a matter of paranoia or anything, just something I picked up from the military, I would just rather know what's going on in front of me than be surprised, 'Type A' Personality and all."

Hannah sighed and dropped her eyes. "But yeah, starting over would be just fine. You can tell me a little bit about yourself and then you might ask me a question about my past and history and move on from there. Truthfully Lucas, I'm not a !@#$%*, at least not all the time. I can't help it that I hate this world and nearly everyone in it. Its the people that stick out, people that at least try to do a bit of good that I enjoy their company and even then." She chuckled. "I still have a hard shell to crack."

He chuckled a little bit, "Hi, I'm Lucas, Lucas Perry. I believe you actually have me hired to find and kill someone who is after you." He smiled a little bit, "I believe thats a good introduction, no suprises. "You're not as hard as you think. Its a face we all have to wear in public, an appearance we have to put on. Its only those truly close to us that understand the way we act and why we do. Its not without reason that I do the things I do. The only thing that gets to me is the fact that sometimes I enjoy it." His tone slipped alittle bit. "This world took alot from me. Now I'm just in it for the ride."

"What about you? What drives you to keep that hard shell up?"

Lance, who was getting impatient from Shiznay's apparent unresponsiveness, finally decided that Shiznay wasn't even aware of his surroundings. Lance and Maylene proceeded back to their table, but stopped when Lance spotted Queen Ava of Acca Dacca. Lance walked towards the Queen and introduced himself and Maylene.

The Queen bowed her head and thanked them for coming. They looked elsewhere for a chat and the Queen wentabout her buisness.

Well, Daniel Jackson had been as startled as anyone to find himself bundled up by Jameson, Harlem, and Anderson, and pretty much pushed onto the plane.

He was told that if asked, Promised Land preferred to say they weren't coming, and surprise their hosts, than say they were, and disappoint them.

Already, quite a crowd was there, and he could not see the teenage queen of Acca Dacca anywhere. However, he did spot one face that looked familier.

Striding up to the armored queen, he couldn't help but smile, and nod to show his appreciation. he bowed in what he hoped was an appropriate manner.

"It's certainly been a while since I was a President and you a young. Teenage leader. But i still recall every detail of your visit perfectly."

Indeed, much had changed since that time--her face had ben disfigured and redone by plastic surgery--his features were marred by no less than three prominent scars--one across his right temple, another on his left cheek, and a third beginning close to his right eye and trailing down to a point on his jaw. That particular one had almost taken out his eye, but it had fortunately missed.

"Mr Jackson it has been a long time since we last met. I am happy to see life has been treating well in a sort of way and let me give my late condelences over that terrorist bombing attack". The Queen Valkyrie had managed to keep the surprise off of her face but only just and speaking to one of those few people who she could class as a friend or at least an ally was proving to be quite uplifting for her spirit.

"I must say Mr Jackson those scars must have been quite painful but they do give you a look of a man who could survive anything. Tell me what brings you to this event?"

The events of the night had been rather somber for the three of them. Sakuya continued to walk forward, bit by bit, and finally approached Hannah. She decided to maintain a distance however, and decided to grab a little punch. She then sat in a chair nearby, quietly sighed, and just let herself mope for a moment. She'd honestly been hoping to meet this Hannah since her first arrival, but one more she'd wait. She perked up ever so slightly afterwards, however, knowing that the night was long and evening would continue onwards.

Haruhi could see that the events remained rather unappealing, and got bored for a moment. She realized though that formal events were like this, they usually had boring moments. Of course, she wasn't easily amused to begin with, but it wasn't much of a problem. She decided to stay somber, and lightly melancholic. It was the best way to keep her mood at ease, and make sure she didn't become absolutely struck by boredom's gaze. She did notice that one of the allys of the Teikoku was in the room, Vikram. She decided to approach him steadfastily, and bowed upon reaching his sight.

"Vikram, it's been far too long."

"Mr Jackson it has been a long time since we last met. I am happy to see life has been treating well in a sort of way and let me give my late condelences over that terrorist bombing attack". The Queen Valkyrie had managed to keep the surprise off of her face but only just and speaking to one of those few people who she could class as a friend or at least an ally was proving to be quite uplifting for her spirit.

"I must say Mr Jackson those scars must have been quite painful but they do give you a look of a man who could survive anything. Tell me what brings you to this event?"

At the mention of the terrorist attack, his smile faded a degree. "Such a tragedy," he remarked neutrally.

"As for these," he touched the scars. "Only painful when I got them. Now I hardly notice them even in the mirror."

He sighed. "Anyway, the Administrator couldn't come hismelf, so he decided to send me instead. I may not be the official leader anymore, but I can still represent my nation." The smile returned full force. "And for some reason, they seemed to think I was falling into a depression, and needed to attend a good party."

Now he eyed the armor. "I would ask you to dance, but in that armor, are you able to move freely?"

Pope Alexis arrived, late, because he was preoccupied with Italian affairs. He took a look at Tintagyl Hall and sighed. This was one of the last places Pope John Paul III, Maelstrom Vortex, and John Kennedy was seen before their unfortunate deaths. As he was late, he found that everyone was already engaged in deep conversation, so he simply took a seat.

Later, President Nguyen and his First Lady paraded into the ballroom, only to find out that no one had really been paying attention to them. But to them, it was alright. The couple simply started an elegant dance with each other to pass the time.

OOC: You are not making me RP a convo with myself! Someone talk to them!

OoC: Sure.

IC: Lance and Maylene excused themselves from Shiznay and walked back to their table. As he sat down, Lance spotted the Pope from the corner of his eye. He excused himself, and proceeded towards Pope Alexis. "Ah, Your Holiness," said Lance, bowing, "As a man of Christian faith, it is an honour to meet you. How is everything in...er...wherever you are now?"